• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does the face of God look like?

Brinne

When talking about the appearance God I think Exodus 33:20 addresses the basis of that phrasing in Mass. The way I think about it its hard to comprehend; I think the 'bearded guy in heaven' stand-in that we're familiar with in the Western world isn't really what I think of anymore.

Repox

Truth Seeker
There is no one face of God. God is a duality, and both Gods are together in a sphere. Because the two Gods in a sphere are spiritual entities, it is difficult, if not impossible to describe their appearance. What I know is inside a sphere they have beautiful spiritual faces. Because they alternate in appearance, there is no specific face, or appearance. And how do you describe in human terms, a spiritual entity? Around them are twelve angels. Angels interact with the two Gods and, unless commanded by the two Gods, they never depart from their worship circle. One God will respond to something an angel communicates, and the other God, or another angel, may respond. Interactions between the two Gods in the sphere and angels are unpredictable, or subject to loving exchanges between the two Gods and angels. Before the two Gods created angels, they were their own companions. They created angels to have loving companions interacting with them as they interact with one another. Heaven is a continuous interacting circle between the two Gods and angels. If there were to be other creatures in heaven, they would be in the presence of the two Gods in a sphere, or not existing. It is possible! I had a dream about humans in heaven inside a giant dome sitting on benches with the two Gods outside in their sphere. The problem is people sitting on benches looked detached or uninterested in the two Gods above them. I don't think there are humans in heaven walking around with each other, or in communal interactions. In heaven, you're either in the presence of the two Gods in a sphere or you don't exist. I believe it has to do with the purpose for which the two Gods created angels. It was for their companionship, not for angels or any other creature to be independent of the two Gods in a sphere.

If you saw the two Gods in a sphere you would see a fascinating interaction, one God, then the other God revealing themselves as they communicate with each other, and then with angels in the worship circle. In other words, you never see the two Gods together, you see one and then the other, and there is no certainty as to which of the two Gods you are seeing or may be interacting with. Loving exchanges continue forever as the two Gods interact with angels; it is heaven! As far as I know, both Gods are equal in holiness, power, and glory. They are alike, but different, as each exchange reveals. It's an eternal mystery.

I am certain no one likes what I have proposed about "the face of God." Implications are harsh. As far as I know, there are no alternatives. I don't believe there is a hell for pagan god worshipers, or other forms of existence. It goes back to the reason God created angels; it was for companionship. As far as I know God has no provisions for alternative forms of existence. The problem for God is other kingdoms, or forms of existence in heaven would be harmful. When Satan was in heaven, he formed a worship circle around him and, then he proceeded to attack and hurt the other angels. Subsequently, God created the universe and tossed Satan inside. There you have it, a happy, or a sad story. It depends on your perspective.

Perhaps Exodus 33:20 says it best. "And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."

We live in a material world, so confrontation with God's supernatural world is extremely challenging. In my opinion, we must be transformed into a spiritual body in order to confront a heavenly creature. Otherwise, we suffer from such an encounter.

Last edited: