• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does the face of God look like?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
At every Catholic Mass you hear the words "Welcome us into the light of your face".

So, Apparently his face has a lot of light. What other qualities might this face be described as having?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
At every Catholic Mass you hear the words "Welcome us into the light of your face".

So, Apparently his face has a lot of light. What other qualities might this face be described as having?
Stange but this is a question I never asked myself :oops: How does God's face look like? To me, it is not important to know.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

The face is easily it's puppeteer.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Very hot, with radiation, plasma, and spots.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's a person such as Adam, Jesus, Moses who are images of God.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Anthropologists think he probably looked something like this:

hisjc.jpg

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What other qualities might this face be described as having?

Although seemingly mathematically impossible, God has mapped infinite beautiful and honorable traits he has, and all glory and beauty of his, all to this face and spirit of his chosen, by a way that is very hard to understand. They are chosen to be names of God (samuel means name of God for example).

When Ibrahim (a) heard of what will happen to Lut's (a) people, he was overwhelmed and almost rejected God (started arguing with him). It's normal to sometimes swerve and not like God's wrath, it's human, because we are compassionate, but at the same time, evil is to be hated absolutely just as good is to be loved absolutely, forbearance is to degree evil is mixed with good (more goodness means there is more forbearance).

Adam (a) couldn't handle not be the rank of the tree of life and exalted ones (often translated as "gods"), and so almost disbelieved in God but quickly because he is of good intention even in his sin, turned back to God.

This face of God is in heaven connected to this world, it's with you right now. The leader/guide of the time is with all humans and Jinn, and then you have a mischievous jinn who is the other witness (left handed/evil witness) with you.

They both watch you, if you choose the Satanic companion from Iblis over the leader from God (God's face), you have chosen darkness over light.

No matter what excuses we may come up with, this is what it means to lose our souls and be defeated as evil ones deserving of God's wrath. Yet as there is good in everyone, we are to command good and forbid evil, perhaps with that, we can save each other from hell and save others and be saved by others.

Of course, we will be hated by disbelievers for it, but holding on to the face of God is the religion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

My God, at it's essence isn't anthropomorphic. Light, clear, and shimmering.

Dropship

What does the face of God look like?

Nobody knows.
This is an interesting passage-
God said to Moses-“..you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.
When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.” (Exodus 33:20-23)

So we could speculate that the sight of God would be so awesome as to damage peoples minds.
Alternatively we could speculate (in modern terms) that God was aboard a spacecraft that was giving off harmful radiation from its engines, so Moses had to be shielded by rocks.

"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above,
whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

Eyes to See

Moses once asked to see the face of God. But Jehovah told him that no human could look on his face and live:

(Exodus 33:20) But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.”

In Revelation we are told that those who go to heaven to rule with Jesus as kings forever will be in God's presence and that they will have no need of sunlight for God will always shine upon them:

(Revelation 22:5) . . .Also, night will be no more, and they have no need of lamplight or sunlight, for Jehovah God will shed light upon them, and they will rule as kings forever and ever.

There are prophecies and visions in which God revealed certain aspects of what it is like to be in his prescence. For example in Revelation 4 we are told:

"After this I saw, and look! an opened door in heaven, and the first voice that I heard speaking with me was like a trumpet, saying: “Come up here, and I will show you the things that must take place.” 2 After this I immediately came to be in the power of the spirit, and look! a throne was in its position in heaven, and someone was seated on the throne. 3 And the One seated had the appearance of a jasper stone and a sardius stone, and all around the throne was a rainbow like an emerald in appearance."-Revelation 4:1-3.

So here Jehovah God reveals himself to John as having the appearance of jasper and sardius stones. He sits on a throne, and around the throne is a rainbow. Rainbows if fully completed are actually circular. So the rainbow no doubt wrapped around God's throne. The rainbow here seems to indicate peace. For it was a rainbow covenant that God made with Noah not to destroy the world again by a deluge. You can read all of chapter 4 to read some thrilling details about Jehovah's throne and his heavenly arrangement around it.

Ezekiel 1 also gives us some details about Jehovah and his throne.

For some artists renditions of it you can look here:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/pure-worship/heavens/visions-of-god/

Jehovah God is an invisible spirit and thus we cannot see him. The Bible uses anthropomorphisms to explain God to us so we can comprehend him:

(1 Timothy 1:17) . . .Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

(John 4:24) . . .God is a Spirit. . .

(2 Corinthians 3:17) Now Jehovah is the Spirit, and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I think about my human brother the scientist.

I retell his stories that said gods face was never seen as earths face is fused. Then I think about what he did.

He lit up the face of God in fission as blinding bright light. So of course you could never see.

The reason I say this reason is light is natural where I see. And night time gas no light is in the same heavens.