• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does the "Aleph and Tav" mean?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Are you serious or are you just trolling me?
No, I'm serious. I see no reason whatsoever for discussion this verse in Hebrew. It is a Greek manuscript and we are conversing in English. Those are the only two languages that are relevant to our discussion.

calm

Funny, in the very first verse of the Bible, the word of 'beginning' is 'reshiyt' not 'alef.'
The Aleph only stands symbolically for the beginning.

But the interesting thing about Barashyt is that it means " The hand of the Son of God will be destroyed on the cross".
So the crucifixion was already prophesied in the first word of the whole Bible.
If you look at the meanings of the letters Aleph and the letter Tav, you will see that the two together as one word means "God on the cross".
The whole Old Testament is based on the crucifixion.

IndigoChild5559

But the interesting thing about Barashyt is that it means " The hand of the Son of God will be destroyed on the cross".
If you look at the meanings of the letters Aleph and the letter Tav, you will see that the two together as one word means "God on the cross".
Are you speaking of Bereshiit, the first word in Genesis 1:1? It means in the beginning. I don't know where you are getting all this other stuff about "The hand of the son of God will be destroyed on the cross." It's made up out of whole cloth.

calm

Are you speaking of Bereshiit, the first word in Genesis 1:1? It means in the beginning. I don't know where you are getting all this other stuff about "The hand of the son of God will be destroyed on the cross." It's made up out of whole cloth.
I'm talking about the meanings of the letters.
The Hebrew language, which is the language of God, is a special language, for every single letter has its own meaning. If one now look at the meanings of the letters of the word Barashyt one will see that the letter A means "God", the letter Sh means "destroy", the letter Y means "hand", the letter T means "cross" and the three first letters Bar form a word which means "son". Now, if we combine all the meanings and the word "son", then this sentence comes out:
"The Hand of the Son of God will be Destroyed on the Cross."

Aleph and Tav as a word (AT) means:
"God on the Cross".

The name of God YHUH means:
"Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail."

"And they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall lament over him, as they lamented over the only son, and shall mourn over him bitterly, as one mourns bitterly over the firstborn.
(Zechariah 12:10)

IndigoChild5559

I'm talking about the meanings of the letters.
The Hebrew language, which is the language of God, is a special language, for every single letter has its own meaning. If one now look at the meanings of the letters of the word Barashyt one will see that the letter A means "God", the letter Sh means "destroy", the letter Y means "hand", the letter T means "cross" and the three first letters Bar form a word which means "son". Now, if we combine all the meanings and the word "son", then this sentence comes out:
"The Hand of the Son of God will be Destroyed on the Cross."

Aleph and Tav as a word (AT) means:
"God on the Cross".

The name of God YHUH means:
"Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail."

"And they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall lament over him, as they lamented over the only son, and shall mourn over him bitterly, as one mourns bitterly over the firstborn.
(Zechariah 12:10)
I'll be real honest with you. I know practically nothing about the mystical meanings of the Hebrew alef bet. I know that an alef means the oneness of God. That's about it.

Now, I'd like for you to come clean to. My guess is that you don't know Hebrew do you. You really haven't studied Jewish mysticism, and you really don't know the mysticism of the alef bet. You've simply copied and pasted things from some trendy Christian site (probably a Messianic site). You trust that everything on this site is correct because it is Christian and you don't think a Christian site would lie. Am I right, or am I right?

In my mind, I think all the stuff you pasted is just garbage. If Bereshiyt meant "The Hand of the Son of God will be Destroyed on the Cross," then every Jewish mystic since 33 CE would have become a Christian. And you just didn't see that happening.

btw Zechariah 12:10 doesn't refer to the messiah. It refers to a very real King of Israel. But I'm sure I won't convince you, so... whatever.

Wandering Monk

The Aleph only stands symbolically for the beginning.

It means no such thing unless you play games with iconography.