• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does "mystery" as to the trinity mean to you?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
How much of a "mystery", is the trinity, to you?

Could you explain in simple terms, your theology, your idea , of theology, ?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
My belief is that the trinity is a deific notation, describing the persons, in the triune, ie God. /not really distinct persons, or completely distinct, in other words.

Where some churches might differ, is they separate the persons in the trinity, claiming they are distinct, or completely separate persons, yet are all God. That could be, a mystery, when considered that way.

Dantedeven

Oh the Trinity can be a lot of things, there is no limit to what it can be really. It is a great thing to think about. But i am convinced that the trinity is the ranking order of communication with mankind. For God Himself, does not directly communicate with mankind and neither does Jesus directly communicate with mankind. Jesus does directly communicate with God. and God personally, never indirectly communicates with mankind anymore, (Was a verse about it somewhere), but Jesus does personally indirectly communicate with mankind. All these three things together, are called: THE LORD.... probably... I don't know for certain if those three together are called the Lord...

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Oh the Trinity can be a lot of things, there is no limit to what it can be really. It is a great thing to think about. But i am convinced that the trinity is the ranking order of communication with mankind. For God Himself, does not directly communicate with mankind and neither does Jesus directly communicate with mankind. Jesus does directly communicate with God. and God personally, never indirectly communicates with mankind anymore, (Was a verse about it somewhere), but Jesus does personally indirectly communicate with mankind. All these three things together, are called: THE LORD.... probably... I don't know for certain if those three together are called the Lord...
Good stuff.

I don't find a need to speculate, in this methodology, and the 'trinity', hence, I would or could, call the Lord.
Jesus is multi-faceted, and I consider Jesus, Elohim, same as most real Christians.

Not a problem.

Last edited:

Dantedeven

Google Translate

Sorry man, my English is very bad.
If you want to read my message, use google translate. :)

This quote contains the post, as i wanted it to be..

God is de waarheid, en zijn licht is tevens de waarheid. En gij zult dit licht nodig hebben mits gij in het leven het heilige hart wilt dragen. En onzen Vader is een God van liefde. En op de manier zoals aan mij de heilige drie-eenheid verklaard is door de Heere. Zo zalt ik het voorts prediken naar een ieder die er belang bij heeft:

Aan mij is verklaard, dat de heilige drie-eenheid niet drie entiteiten onder één dezelfden geest zijt. Dat de Christus niet de Vader is. Omdat de Vader het eeuwige leven vergaard heeft, en niet geboren is uit een vrouw. Hij is, zonder steun van derden. Voor de Vader is, en is tot in den eeuwigheid. Nooit geboren, nooit stervende. En de Vader heeft aan zijn Zoon ditzelfde recht geschonken, dat is; het eeuwige leven en authoriteit Gods. De Vader, de Zoon en de Heilige Geest zijt allen tot in den eeuwigheid verbonden met elkaar, maar zij zijn niet dezelfden persoon.

De Vader, Hij zijt te hoog, te verheven voor den mensheid. Hij doet hetgeen hij verlangt. De Zoon, Hij zijt met den mensheid en tevens de Vader. Door hem mogen wij stervelijken naar de Vader luisteren. Want het Woord Gods is te sterk, wij zullen branden, blind worden. Doof, dat zal het Woord Gods ons allen maken mits wij het niet van de Zoon horen.

Maar mocht een mens ooit naar de Zoon willen luisteren, dan moet dezen het heilige hart met zich dragen, tenzij de Vader, God, zichzelf toont, zonder den Heilige Geest. Want de Heilige Geest moet aanwezig zijn, anders mag de Christus niet spreken met ons. En Christus mag alleen de Heilige Geest schenken met authoriteit van de Vader.

Luister goed naar het licht, en draag liefde voor uw hart. Geloof altijd in God, en laat het geluid des lichts uw geest vullen. Totdat u uw ogen sluit, en wit ziet. Want dan is uw geest gevult met licht. Ja, licht is wat uw gedachten horen te zijn, de gedachte hoort bij het licht te zijn. Want dat maakt gelukkig. En liefde, dat moet aanwezig zijn in het hart. Want God weet wat er verborgen zit in den harten mensheid. Dit is de enige manier hoe de ware heilige geest het lichaam van een mens binnen mag treden, maar dat mag alleen met authoriteit Gods.

De Vader geeft de Zoon de permissie om de Heilige Geest te schenken aan degene die het verdient. En de enige dat waarlijk de heilige geest verdient is degene die het heilige hart draagt, en dat kost tijd. De heilige geest kan een mens tijdelijk een Godhoofdige maken. Zodat dezen het woord Gods hoort. Ja, door dezen geschonken Heilige Geest mogen wij doormiddel van de Zoon naar de Vader luisteren. Die het Woord Gods predikt.

En dan zult u het Woord Gods horen, nadat u door Hem op proeve zijt gesteld. Ja, op den proeve. Want dat is wat de Vader zal doen. En schaamt u nooit te nimmer in het aangezicht Gods.

Amen.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hebrews 1:8

Among other verses, this clearly is not a separate Godhood.

So, the God aspects are not distinct, in a manner , that would necessarily require, an intermediator.
Now, Jesus does say, He is the way to the father, however, He is one with the Father.
John 1:10

Last edited:

Yokefellow

Scripture explains what the Godhead (Trinity) is very clearly. There is no 'Mystery'.

The problem is that almost every person on the planet is unwilling to receive the Revelation.

I know the reason, but that's another topic entirely.

And since most are unwilling to accept the obvious, they will never see it and thus it always remains a Mystery to them.

The Godhead is described quite plainly for all to Witness here...

Romans 1:20
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

Again, most reading this verse have been conditioned to *not* see the obvious. Satan of course has done this on purpose as to not expose the masses to such profound Truths.

Having said that...

Perhaps there may be One here in which the 'programming' doesn't work. For you, I shall now give further explanation.

The 'Invisible Things of Him' is the part of God we are not allowed to see lest we die. It is the 'Word' that creates our reality. Call it 'Software' if that helps One to understand.

Because of this, God must manifest himself in such a way that we in the physical realm can still understand and interact with him.

This is where the Godhead comes in. We are able to see the 'Invisible Things' via the Father, Word and Holy Ghost.

Moreover... the Father, Word and Holy Ghost are the 'Things that are made'.

Does anyone here understand? I mean REALLY understand the literal meaning of this?

'Things that are made' is everything we see around us. It is the Physical World of Gas, Liquid, Solid, Plasma etc.

In other words, the Things that are made is ordinary Matter.

What is ordinary Matter?

The Atom...

Father = Neutron
Word = Proton
Holy Ghost = Electron

And these three are One... as in One Godhead and generic construct of every Atom in existence.

That is your big 'Mystery' revealed. The Godhead is the Biblical term for the Atom.

And as I said, only a small handful of people on the planet are willing to receive this Revelation even though God spelled it out as precisely and succinctly as possible.

We are made in the image of God. Out of Atoms.

God Bless. ;)

outlawState

Deism is dead
Father = Neutron
Word = Proton
Holy Ghost = Electron

And these three are One... as in One Godhead and generic construct of every Atom in existence.

That is your big 'Mystery' revealed. The Godhead is the Biblical term for the Atom.

And as I said, only a small handful of people on the planet are willing to receive this Revelation even though God spelled it out as precisely and succinctly as possible.

We are made in the image of God. Out of Atoms.

God Bless. ;)
Gofhead actually means "divinity" i.e. the state of being divine.

I like you analogy with the atom, but the divine is Spirit not matter, as Jesus said. All analogies of the divine with material things must fail.

So no, the atom is not divine. In any case, many atoms are unstable, breaking up spontaneously, especially the larger atoms. Also Carbon 14

BTW the real mystery of the trinity is this: why did God in Deut 6:4 assert that he was one God if in fact he was a trinity?

Last edited:

Yokefellow

I like you analogy with the atom...
It's not an 'analogy'. It's literal...

Colossians 2:9
"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily"

God came in bodily form, i.e. within ordinary matter that we may understand.

The Word was made DNA and became flesh...

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth"

The evidence is clear, however I'm not here to debate but simply pass this message on.

BTW... 666 in Scripture is the Carbon Atom. If One does a study on Diamonds, Ashes, Ink etc, One will see the connections.

Yokefellow

I should also mention that the High Priest's Breastplate is a representation of the Standard Model of Particle Physics.

Twelve Gemstones vs. Twelve Particles.

There is a reason God encoded this information into the Sacred Text.

When One takes this information seriously (as they should) it becomes a 'Key' that allows One to understand with perfect clarity many of the Mysteries of Scripture.

One example is Ezekiel's Wheels. They describe Quantum Physics in such a way as to literally prove the existence of God... something that has the potential to cause a Revolution.

outlawState

Deism is dead
I should also mention that the High Priest's Breastplate is a representation of the Standard Model of Particle Physics.

Twelve Gemstones vs. Twelve Particles.

There is a reason God encoded this information into the Sacred Text.

When One takes this information seriously (as they should) it becomes a 'Key' that allows One to understand with perfect clarity many of the Mysteries of Scripture.

One example is Ezekiel's Wheels. They describe Quantum Physics in such a way as to literally prove the existence of God... something that has the potential to cause a Revolution.
I think you have an obsession with physics, which is out of control. Any true church of God would excommunicate you for heresy.

CLee421

Bible believing-Face painting-Musical Momma
The word trinity is not in scripture. The Catholic Church came up with it to attempt to describe God. It's not a terrible representation however He IS much more. But, this is how He has REVEALED Himsekf to us as well as what He modeled us after.

God the Father - the Everlasting Creator
Yeshua us the Son - God in flesh - we see Christ revealed in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament as well but it is much like a transfiguration (anyone like to quote where?)
The Spirit - The reference to God and His omnipresent/omnipotent/omniscient nature.

It's merely an attempt to describe Him. Do you really think we can? :)

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!

This is how I understand it and how I explained it to my son. There is but One True God. God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Like H2O, water can be a gas, a liquid, or a solid. But it never ceases to be H2O.

There can be s