• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it mean to have enlightenment?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Friend Runewolf,

The term Enlightenment is only for those who no more EXISTS as INDIVIDUALS.
If one attains STILLNESS of mind and is still there to know or understand knowledge and where it comes from then it proves that the mind is not STILL as there is still exists a PERCEIVER to understand as to who is offering any knowledge.
It is only when the PERCEIVER and the PERCEIVED is one then only the individual is no more and than enlightenment happens.
One is then JUST *IS*. There remains no question or answer as questioner and answer is ONE, all dualities disappear.
Love & rgds

SO in other words, when I am journeying or "walking between worlds" it is more like a partial "stillness of mind". As a shaman needs to stay focused on the task which is finding the "medicine" the enlightened ones have to offer. I think I've read this somewhere before. If the shaman loses control of his "mind" and "enters too far" so to speak, he runs the risk of making himself vulnerable and bringing the "spirit" or "energy" which caused the illness onto himself. Sorry if I was getting off topic there, I have a habit of doing that. Thank you for your point of view.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Runewolf,

when I am journeying

Just the word *I*.
Drop that.
when in emditation one does not know who is there? There is no god no satan no *I* only pure consciousness which is beyond every known thing and when back, am just a part of that consciousness/whole.

Rest of what you mentioned being unaware am unable to comment.
Love & rgds

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Friend Runewolf,

Just the word *I*.
Drop that.
when in emditation one does not know who is there? There is no god no satan no *I* only pure consciousness which is beyond every known thing and when back, am just a part of that consciousness/whole.

Rest of what you mentioned being unaware am unable to comment.
Love & rgds

Yes my friend, you are right. When we can drop the "I" that is when we truly become ONE with pure consciousness. Thank you.

Last edited: