• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Bible say about Alcohol?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Excess consumption of wine leading to drunkenness is condemned summarily in the Bible. Abuse of wine evidences a lack of wisdom (Prov. 20:1), which can lead to mindless confusion (23:30-35), violence (4:17), or poverty (21:17; 23:20-21). Drunkenness leads to dissipation (Eph. 5:18), arrogance (Hab. 2:5), and abuse of the poor (Amos 6:6). The devastating effects of drunkenness from wine are a common metaphor for God’s judgment (Jer. 25:15; Rev. 18:3). Hence, leaders in the Church are to be those who do not indulge in much wine (1 Tim. 3:3, 8; Tit. 1:7; 2:3).

(Eerdman's Dictionary of the Bible)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Check out the Biblical verses:
JOHN 2 (7-10) AGAINST Ephesians 5:16-18
Ecclesiastes 9:7 against Corinthians1 6-10

Your religion says you are in Islam, so to you alcohol is a sin and truth is in the Koran plus perhaps in those piles of other documents. I can't expect you to actually care what the Bible says about it. Even if you were able to drum up enough interest to care you'd be the last person to ask. Anything we said would be immaterial to you if it were not from the Koran, unless you suddenly feel that the Bible has precedence over the Koran? I don't think you do. You have given yourself to a different faith, and for you alcohol is sin if I am correct about that. I think it doesn't matter to you what the Bible says.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

WHY do you even rely on the dead words from dead men to tell YOU how to act..??..Simply follow your OWN truth in such issues - here - see clearly from your OWN experiences of alcohol - judge accordingly by THAT living truth...

You will see if honest that alcohol is a purely NEGATIVE thing - especially these days....Back then alcohol was WEAK - they did NOT have modern fermentation methods - COULD NOT PRODUCE high content alcohol like WE do...Did NOT have a culture of alcoholic abuse such as the modern western world has...It was TOTALLY DIFFERENT back then compared to today - so I ask - WHY rely on dead words that dont even apply to modern life..??>..

Alcohol is a spiritual no no - only the mortal mind likes and craves alcohol, for it simply cannot handle harsh truth of life and so continuously hides the Self away from the trauma "out there" - alcohol is the perfect tool for that - literally - makes you UNABLE TO THINK - literally - DESTROYS THE MIND Folks - and look - it is ALL about MIND - drinking alcohol - even in small regular amounts - WILL HANDICAP you - often severely if you allow it...We ALLl see the affects of alcohol - individually - family - society - it DESTROYS us in every conceivable way - physically mentally emotionally - it brings next to NO BENEFIT - only a quick illusion of relief - and ALWAYS brings misery eventually ....It IS a spiritual no no and those who come ot know the Self intimately will soon realise this fully - as said - it needs to be emphasised - it DESTROYS us fully - stops us literally from BEING the person that we actually are - PROHIBITS the legitimate expression of Self and replaces it with alcolol fuelled DELUSION of Self...It ios a wholly nefarious substance and should be fully AVOIDED.....

Sara Thinks

Your religion says you are in Islam, so to you alcohol is a sin and truth is in the Koran plus perhaps in those piles of other documents. I can't expect you to actually care what the Bible says about it. Even if you were able to drum up enough interest to care you'd be the last person to ask. Anything we said would be immaterial to you if it were not from the Koran, unless you suddenly feel that the Bible has precedence over the Koran? I don't think you do. You have given yourself to a different faith, and for you alcohol is sin if I am correct about that. I think it doesn't matter to you what the Bible says.
Your answer is unacceptable in my thread, My post has nothing to do with Islam, so don't bring up a new topic! Stick to the subject like other Christians did. Simply admit if you can't provide any answer, or justify by quoting your scripture.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Check out the Biblical verses:
JOHN 2 (7-10) AGAINST Ephesians 5:16-18
Ecclesiastes 9:7 against Corinthians1 6-10
So glad the bible is an IQ/morality test, and not straight forward, as it shows a lot about people. :innocent:

The gospel of John is made up, Paul contradicts Christ on well over 36 points, and Ecclesiastes is fabricated rubbish that wasn't by Solomon....

Whereas the prophets condemn alcohol, and Yeshua said anyone who follows him should only drink water:

Matthew 10:42 Whoever gives one of these little ones just a cup of cold water to drink in the name of a disciple, most certainly I tell you he will in no way lose his reward.”

Mark 9:41 For whoever will give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because you are Christ’s, most certainly I tell you, he will in no way lose his reward.

That those who are drinking when he returns will be appointed with the hypocrites, clearly people don't understand what "wisdom is justified by her children means."

Those who are separated to God Biblically (Nazarite), should not consume death (alcohol, vinegar, dead flesh, etc). ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ALWAYS brings misery eventually .
OK You just lost my attention. Anyway, I didn't like how some of your words were in capitals.
I had thought you had some good ideas and I would struggle through your method of posting, but I think I need not bother reading your posts much further.

If alcohol "ALWAYS brings misery eventually" then it is a BAD thing God made. I do not agree that it is a bad thing. For many people it is bad, but for a perfect creation, I think it is good. I think alcohol is art in liquid form. Is ART bad too, according to you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please explain what you're meaning, as not quite sure of the context. :)
Nobody gets anywhere by posting in this place. He says, "if you want to be heard, go to school". I think I would like that, but I am the cook and everything else here so I do not know how to go to school also. And we are all being beat down by a few rich guys so where is the money for school supposed to come from?

Aiviu

What has the handle about alcohol to do with the bible but yourself? In my eyes the bible states the metaphor water -> into -> whine as in: that for the "normal" people, jesus were of this kinda person that they thought they drank whine. Their water even tastes like whine ... there is a free spirit of happiness that drinking alcohl can come close to, but is lying because it just knocks you out to give a spirit to give-****-about-yourself. Ah well. The world consume has nothing to do with the bible - Its metaphorical mindful blueprint for how to handle why you even should think about drinking alcohol.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Savagewind;
If alcohol "ALWAYS brings misery eventually" then it is a BAD thing God made.

Yer - except -"god" did NOT MAKE the alcohol that WE consume...It doesnt occur NATURALLY at all and requires MANS manipulation to be the demon brew as WE have it ;)

in plain and simple terms - in the grandest picture conceivable taking it right back to the SOURCE of creation itself - this man made alcohol MUST INDEED be a WHOLLY bad thing in terms of SPIRITUAL AWARENESS - because simply according to Christ - the Source we seek is indeed a DIVINE MIND - and the aim of the game here is to LITERALLY BECOME THAT MIND - to EXPAND the mortal Self to be ONE with the entire creation and to know that Source AS the Self - drink from MY mouth He said - BECOME Me - attain the Fathers rest etc etc....Literally an EXPANSION of mortal Self to become the ALL - not a stifling of mortal mind keeping us Self ignorant and in hiding - and certainly not the DESTRUCTION of the mortal mind altogether which is the alcoholists final destiny always - do you see it leads to the complete opposite to the spiritual imperative as Christ teaches it..??..

All about MIND always....We see clearly and undeniably from its direct experiences - alcohol as said literally destroys the mind, its ability to function and to express the Self as desired - indeed, repeated use of alcohol destroys the body AND the mind, affects the family, society as a whole and is therefore not a good thing at all whichever way we look at it - and from a purely spiritual perspective should be avoided at all costs - it is directly self sabotaging the Souls intent to express the Self LEGITIMATELY...I repeat that the aim of existance here - the spiritual truth delivered by Christ directly - the task before us according to CHRIST - is to realise the Self AS that primal sovereign spirit - to literally become it - it REQUIRES an EXPANDED mind - a whole and mended mind - He taught us how - and as said those that understand Him will see very clearly that alcohol is indeed a nefarious substance that will destroy that spiritual endeavour even before we realised there was ever a problem...Avoid it - peace of mind does not come from a man made substance....Neither does the living truth of Self, and THAT truth is the only thing that satisfies the Soul and brings that peace we seek......

Last edited: