• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Belief, non belief, agnostisism have to do with anything at all?

David T

Premium Member
you nailed it. one word; ''miracle''. ''miracle'' has nothing to do with nature. nature in the nicene creed is a huge idol. do you ''believe''? ;)
I treat the term "miracle" to be the religious statement about nature, that then gave rise to the science statement random. I swear if i see a whale walking up the trail singing and playing a guitar i will " BELIEVE" no, i will KNOW directly miracles are a fact and random accidentialism is foundational to all of reality and there was either a supreme Being operating levers or a computer glitch take your pick!!!!!

I hope i threw everyone under the bus properly!!!!

David T

Premium Member
Is this your way of saying that your post in "Monotheism" has nothing to do with 3monotheism?
Is monotheism a philosophical? In regard to that if thats what you mean absolutely, thats childish intellectualizing fantasy nonsense. I have a theology degree for petes sake. Which apprently is what religion trends towards in the good times apparently. Oddly "normal".

HonestJoe

Nothing ro do with nature. You have facinatinily deluded myths.
No, I had an honest and respectful answer to your questions. I don’t see why you felt that all you needed to ignore the bulk of my post and respond with was an empty insult.

syo

I treat the term "miracle" to be the religious statement about nature, that then gave rise to the science statement random. I swear if i see a whale walking up the trail singing and playing a guitar i will " BELIEVE" no, i will KNOW directly miracles are a fact and random accidentialism is foundational to all of reality and there was either a supreme Being operating levers or a computer glitch take your pick!!!!!

I hope i threw everyone under the bus properly!!!!
miracle is the supernatural, in my opinion, that can defy nature. God can defy nature.

syo

forgive the butt-in-ski, but i would be very worried if miracles started happening that operated in the open. i think they need to be obscured and cloaked in circumstance and naturally easily explained events.

the alternative would be like... the 10 plagues all over again, the events at mt. sinai maybe happening again,
some people's lives extended to 127, 900+ years. i imagine most people would be confused, scared and never leave their houses.

it would be like: madness... dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria ;)
Christianity speaks the dead will rise. This defies nature.

I am trying to get an understanding of what has been presented as three separate perceptions in disagreement. I only understand these three as a singular perception articulated in three different ways..
I am first an experiencalist. Whatever the ocean, clouds, nature, cosmos, does is totally independent of the intellect. No science no religion no human thought, no math, no words, nothing that prattles around in the tiny region of the brain self labeled "higher functioning" is causing it.

So please explain exactly what "belief" "non belief" " agnosticism" has to do with anything at all other than with itself.

Hiking out away in the wilderness from civilization makes all three absurdly urbane. Sorry all three, there actually is a larger than all three of you, that hides in the open, like a stick bug independent of all three of you.

Ps. The nicene creed is a disaster.. It placed all reality in the brain with two words "we believe" everything after that is thus rendered nonsense. View attachment 25569
And isn't that the strange question. I mean, in this world as it is today, what does belief or lack of belief or no belief count for when capitalism seems to be the 'driving' force behind lives and well being? Isn't that the strange 'true' question?

So I guess the answer to 'why' belief or lack of belief or no belief could 'matter' in today's world is this:

Capitalism could provide for the individual 'body'; eating, drinking, paying for rent, for clothes, etc... and 'belief' could provide for acknowledgement of 'air', sun, moon, stars, natural wild life animals, rivers, oceans, etc...

It could assist in being able to know that we are living in Heaven's 'gift', 'creation', and so to this, we can 'appreciate', and maybe even give 'Thanks', to what They have done and what They are doing for Humanity/humans, etc... So, there is 'Life' out there. Otherwise, it could be nothing but a 'Black Abysmal' blah with nothing 'good' to appreciate.

And rather than thinking there are 'aliens' out there who lack in certain 'things', we can appreciate that there is Perfection out there that lacks in no thing, except, 'sin'.

When you hear of little girls who enjoy Princess stories and Knights in Shining Armor, I bet they are thinking of that 'Perfect' place out there where their 'Knight in Shining Armor', is 'Perfect'.

The 'cities' or Towns in those 'stories' probably do not have the 'dirty' things that life in this World has today.

And.. little 'girls' who enjoy such stories probably most likely might find sexual intercourse as a non appealing thing in their 'young, little girl' minds, even in today's time(s).

And so the question again... Why fill their minds up with things they do not enjoy having in them?

Why 'teach' sexual education at such young grades? Why not let their own mothers and fathers be the ones to do this??

Why not allow for their own parents to 'teach' about those 'non appealing' things to their 'Perfect' City/Town mind?

Last edited: