• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think?

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
That is up to you.

When I post these little things it is for whoever reads it to think on the question deeply. (if they choose) Some will share their thoughts.

BTW, I know I already frubaled you about your avatar, but I'm going to do it again because I LOVE it!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
There's no way to be more specific? Personally on a grand scale I don't think there is anything to be saved or set free from. If we're talking on a personal level, then there's a number of habits, attitudes and thought patterns we would all like to be free of. But, the way to acheive that is differnt depending on what you want to be free from.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
mostly harmless said:

“Which choice would set me free?”

The Truth.

The Truth is one but is called by different names (Rig Veda)

So...to some it is called Krishna, Christ, Allah etc.

Mavrikmind

Ultimately I think death will truely set me free. I know thats fatalistic but if you think about it that makes sense. Unless of course you don't believe in that kinda thing.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
Death isn't a choice though. Most of the time, anyway.

One thing that comes to mind when I think of what choice I could make that would set me free is how I react to things that happen to me. It is very liberating to consiously make the choice to not get angry over something, or to react in a positive manner to anything that you/most people would normally react in a negative way.

BFD_Zayl

Mavrikmind said:
Ultimately I think death will truely set me free. I know thats fatalistic but if you think about it that makes sense. Unless of course you don't believe in that kinda thing.
you beat me to it my friend.

Random

No choice will ever set you free. Choice creates conflict because it is based upon discrimination: therefore, each one binds you to the conditionalities of its making. Choice is about attachment and selection: it is always true that the thing discarded or cast away on the wings of a choice is the thing that could have made you realize the futility of using choice to attain freedom.