• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of these passages?

Frank Goad

Psalms 22:26

and

2 Kings 5:26

In Psalms 22:26 I think the heart living forever.Means our happiness lives on after we die.Because we die and our spirits go to God when we die.:)

Also in 2 Kings 5:26.I think the guys heart going with someone means their spirit.Like an out of body experience.:)

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
In Psalms 22:26 I think the heart living forever.Means our happiness lives on after we die.Because we die and our spirits go to God when we die.
This is an interesting point.
Also in 2 Kings 5:26.I think the guys heart going with someone means their spirit.Like an out of body experience.
I don't think I'd define it like that. It seems more like an expression, a metaphor of sorts. Not in any literal sort of way. It's too vague and minute to be a literal mystical event.

nPeace

Veteran Member

and

In Psalms 22:26 I think the heart living forever.Means our happiness lives on after we die.Because we die and our spirits go to God when we die.:)
The inner man, or the person themselves will rejoice forever.
See here...
Strong's Hebrew: 3824. לֵבָב (lebab) -- inner man, mind, will, heart

Also in 2 Kings 5:26.I think the guys heart going with someone means their spirit.Like an out of body experience.:)
The inner person - "I was there."
See Strong's Hebrew: 3820. לֵב (leb) -- inner man, mind, will, heart

(Proverbs 17:3) . . .Jehovah is the examiner of hearts.
(Proverbs 24:12) . . .Does not the One who examines hearts discern it?. . .
(Psalm 17:3) . . .You have examined my heart, you have inspected me by night;. . .
(1 Samuel 16:7) . . .man sees what appears to the eyes, but Jehovah sees into the heart.”

What is Jehovah examining? Is it not you - the person you are on the inside?

That's another reason why we know that the inner person is what matters to God, so that he remembers you - the person... even when we die.
We will be in his memory... as long as we are not wicked.

That's what Jehovah will restore to those he resurrects, and gives a new body.
John 5:28, 29
Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out. . .

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Frank, regarding Psalms, just reason on it….

Are the meek “eating and being satisfied”, right now? At this time?

There will be a time coming, though… Psalms 37:10-11
Matthew 5:5.
IMO, then it will be fulfilled. Revelation 21:3-4

Regarding 2 Kings, I believe @Harel13 is correct. It’s simply a phrase.

I think by now, you know my POV on the condition of the dead. (All JW’s agree on this subject.)

In Acts of the Apostles 17, it’s stated that the Apostle Paul “reasoned with them from the Scriptures”; you can do the same, reasoning within yourself.
It does require some effort, though….to meditate on a passage, and connect it with others.

Take care.

Frank Goad

The inner man, or the person themselves will rejoice forever.
See here...
Strong's Hebrew: 3824. לֵבָב (lebab) -- inner man, mind, will, heart

The inner person - "I was there."
See Strong's Hebrew: 3820. לֵב (leb) -- inner man, mind, will, heart

(Proverbs 17:3) . . .Jehovah is the examiner of hearts.
(Proverbs 24:12) . . .Does not the One who examines hearts discern it?. . .
(Psalm 17:3) . . .You have examined my heart, you have inspected me by night;. . .
(1 Samuel 16:7) . . .man sees what appears to the eyes, but Jehovah sees into the heart.”

What is Jehovah examining? Is it not you - the person you are on the inside?

That's another reason why we know that the inner person is what matters to God, so that he remembers you - the person... even when we die.
We will be in his memory... as long as we are not wicked.

That's what Jehovah will restore to those he resurrects, and gives a new body.
John 5:28, 29
Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out. . .

Can you show me what the Jehovah's bible believes.So I can compare?:)

Bree

and

Well i think we have the opportunity to be teachable now. If we leave it too long we wont get the opportunity later.

And 2Kings 5:26 shows that we either have a heart to obey God or not.

Life is sometimes black and white Frank.