• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of sci fi?

I wasn't interested in sci fi until I played this.

Of course there is no sound in space.

Is space opera outdated? Or do you think someone will make a space opera that would modernize the genre and blow everyone away?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Mass Effect is pretty cool
As for space operas, I dunno, read/watch some of the newer ones and see for yourself I guess.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I wasn't interested in sci fi until I played this.

Of course there is no sound in space.

Is space opera outdated? Or do you think someone will make a space opera that would modernize the genre and blow everyone away?

I like sci-fi and science fantasy a lot.

Destiny is my favorite game in that genre.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most Sci-Fi stories are just futuristic adventures or fantasy, not real sci-fi, based on actual extrapolations of scientific principles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most Sci-Fi stories are just futuristic adventures or fantasy, not real sci-fi, based on actual extrapolations of scientific principles.
Aye, those annoy me when they use unbelievable 'science'.
It semi-ruined The Matrix for me when the premise of the movie became
keeping humans alive to harvest energy from them using cold fusion.
Even ignoring the utter degradation of Pons & Fleischman when their
work was so embarrassingly debunked, it still made no sense.
Sci fi is best when one thinks, "Yes, that could happen!".
The movie, Gattaca, is that way.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I love science fiction. I'm not as much into sci-fi, but can enjoy it if is done well. If you don't know the difference, then you're probably not that into actual science fiction.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think a third of sci fi is utter tripe while a third is funny as hell while the remaining third is awesome to a tee.

Deidre

I only love it if the acting is good. Good sci-fi movies seem convincing, and that's usually due to good acting, imo.