• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you believe happens after death?

tarasan

I just felt courious about what people believe. I have always found that even people within certain religions have different views on this.

so yeah I am very curious when i have time Ill give mine of course.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I begin my second life as worm food and plant fertilizer. Returning my elements back to the earth they were borrowed from.

Xafwak

XFWK
Somebody puts my brain in a robot and starts me back up. The world isn't getting rid of me that easily.

You need to rehearse an evil maniacal laughter that you will laugh from the roof of the revival laboratory in a raging thunderstorm.

intro6.JPG

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
My own view is reincarnation, and moksha for some. That is, release from the cycle of birth and death.

I'm aiming for moksha.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I'm pretty sure that when I die I'll meet St Eligius who will tell me I was in a snow globe the whole time.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I will be routed to The Underworld, where my heart will be weighed. They will decide my fate from there. Hopefully I get to be with Him.

dust1n

Zindīq
A quick cheers to life with a shot full of DMT, engaging with my perceptions of the afterlife or spirtual transcendence to have them slowly fade away into a soft nothingness forNever! as the drugs fade off and your brain finally dies 8 or so minutes later.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Our consciousness attracts us to a particular next body. Some people remain in the astral realm for some time and this could be viewed as 'heavenly', some individuals spend time in a state of deep sleep full of nightmare (brought about from guilt of bad actions committed for example) and others reincarnate immediately. It is determined by karma, samskaras and spiritual progression (evolution of consciousness).

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
The ego, the false self, will die with the body and the spirit will be reabsorbed into God like a drop of rain falling back into the ocean. The spiritual awareness will expand completely and individuality will decrease completely. Unity with God will be achieved, and a timeless bliss will be experienced.

KatNotKathy

A quick cheers to life with a shot full of DMT, engaging with my perceptions of the afterlife or spirtual transcendence to have them slowly fade away into a soft nothingness forNever! as the drugs fade off and your brain finally dies 8 or so minutes later.

Yes this too. Whoever's in charge of the brain transplant, try to do it after the whole DMT thing.

Aquitaine

Hmmmm, that's a good question. No body knows for sure, but I kinda like it that way.

The thing I don't get though is now that I'm alive, would I even recognize being dead? Will I actaully die before my mind can acknowledge that I'm dead - and if so, will I even "know" that I'm finally dead?

:shrug:

It's weird but it's still interesting to discuss, but when we die we no longer have awareness, but if we don't have awareness then we can't become aware that we don't have awareness............ right? :confused:

KatNotKathy

It's weird but it's still interesting to discuss, but when we die we no longer have awareness, but if we don't have awareness then we can't become aware that we don't have awareness............ right? :confused:
Exactly. While the idea of being dead is incredibly unappealing to me right now, once you're dead you won't exactly care, will you?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
The ego, the false self, will die with the body and the spirit will be reabsorbed into God like a drop of rain falling back into the ocean. The spiritual awareness will expand completely and individuality will decrease completely. Unity with God will be achieved, and a timeless bliss will be experienced.

Wow, that is very...un-Christian. It sounds much more like an eastern concept. Is this what you have been taught in the Catholic church or have you come to this conclusion on your own?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Wow, that is very...un-Christian. It sounds much more like an eastern concept. Is this what you have been taught in the Catholic church or have you come to this conclusion on your own?
I thought the same thing.

Very Eastern thought. I like it. :D

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata

Actually, Catholic mysticism sounds very Eastern. For example:

The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same.
- Meister Eckhart (1260-1327)

You would think he was describing the Atman. As Paramahansa Yogananda said, all religion looks the same the closer you get to God.