• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Bahai's believe about other Prophets?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Isn't it the view of the Baha'i faith that more prophets are to come in the future? If another prophet were to come, and to bring a different religion other then the Baha'i, would that cause you to reject him/her?

arthra

Baha'i
Isn't it the view of the Baha'i faith that more prophets are to come in the future? If another prophet were to come, and to bring a different religion other then the Baha'i, would that cause you to reject him/her?

Thanks for your question! and welcome to the Baha'i Forum!

Baha'u'llah Himself revealed that in no less than a thousand years another Manifesation of God would appear..Actually if you should study the past history of religions the new Manifestation of God is most often rejected and maligned by the bulk of religious people.. so it is incumbent on true seekers after truth and enlightenment to be open and investigate for themselves.. this is enjoined on all Baha'is so each has found that Baha'u'llah is the present Manifestation of God for this time..based on their own investigation of truth on not becasue they were led by an authority figure one way or another..

Also we Baha'is belieev there is truly only one religion of God.. in other words all the past dispensations including the present Baha'i dispensation and the future dispensations are one religion of God manifested at various times for the enlightenment and progress of humanity!

Wherefore, O my loving friends!

Consort with all the peoples, kindreds and religions of the world with the utmost truthfulness, uprightness, faithfulness, kindliness, good-will and friendliness, that all the world of being may be filled with the holy ecstasy of the grace of Baha, that ignorance, enmity, hate and rancor may vanish from the world and the darkness of estrangement amidst the peoples and kindreds of the world may give way to the Light of Unity.

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Will and Testament, p. 14)

Last edited:

Cosmos

Essentially we Baha'is believe that every Prophet of God is akin to a series of school teachers who come to progress us from one grade to another in academics. Likewise, we are evolving along the Divine Plan of divine civilization. In fact, though most Baha'is are not aware of this teaching, each Prophet-Messenger is equivalent to the chakras and their ascension or progression. For example, the Manifestation of Adam represents the spiritual Body of Man as a whole being, the Buddha and Krishna represent the deepest bowels where the second-third chakras intertwine, and Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, or Abrahamaic tradition, is the core or main branch of God's Revelation to humanity--Moses being the skeletal system, Jesus the heart of lifeblood of the Covenant of God akin to the cardiovascular system, and Muhammad represents the muscular system of will and submission. :candle:

BruceDLimber

Unless and until the thousand years which our scriptures literally state must pass (all other interpretations being explicitly dismissed by them), we have no choice but rejection.

Peace,

Bruce