• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Day was Jesus Crucified?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I don't know. It would not have been under the Gregorian Calendar we use now, anyway. It's not really that important. :shrug:

It's important to folks who see Jesus as a *literal* Passover lamb.

Which is more important-- accepting Jesus Christ as Lord & Saviour or knowing the exact date of the crufixion? Which one will save you?

haha, I'm not talking about that.

Some people might think that if Jesus is not the Passover Lamb, that he's not the Messiah.

If he's not the Passover Lamb, how can he be the Messiah?

is it important for one to determine if their
theology is based on fallacy?

waitasec

Veteran Member
And post #55 shows that he is.

a hall of mirrors is all i see, smokey
it's all too convoluted and ambiguous and twisted... again we find that in order for one to understand scripture one needs to be a detective to weed out the contradiction. but why? isn't all based on faith in the first place. then the believer is essentially relying on blind faith. and when a question surfaces the believer either has to become a detective, only to find more questions, or sweep it under the rug until one day it is unavoidable....

waitasec

Veteran Member
Is it important for one to determine if their rejection of theology is based on fallacy?

Post #55 shows that this theology is not.
this is why i find it hard to believe...

The feasts were not interchangeable, their names were interchangeable (Lk 22:1).

excuses...

if this was the word of god we would objectionably experience it and understand it the same way, like we do when it rains...
if you were born in the middle east your conviction would say the same about the koran...

smokydot

this is why i find it hard to believe...
excuses...
if this was the word of god we would objectionably experience it and understand it the same way, like we do when it rains...
if you were born in the middle east your conviction would say the same about the koran...
Interesting rules you've made up there. . .which don't take into account the actuality of events.

See post #55 for explanation of those events, and demonstration that Jesus died on Passover.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Interesting rules you've made up there. . .which don't take into account the actuality of events.

See post #55 for explanation of those events, and demonstration that Jesus died on Passover.

i did, it's just a bunch of ambiguous excuses. :sorry1:
been there done that, on to the next..

what is interesting to you?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Smokey- My discussion with you is over. I'm sick of your condescending remarks, arrogant attitude, lack of comprehension, and your unwilling nature to do any research.

You just keep repeating the same tired defense, and really, there is no substance to it unless you already believe it to be true before hand. And really, the excuses and explanations you make simply don't work, as I've explained in depth. There is only so long that one can continue kicking a dead horse though, and I think it has been long enough. Especially considering that the general consensus of scholars, of all creeds, supports what I've been saying

If anyone else wants to have a rational discussion on this subject, I would enjoy discussing or debating with you.

smokydot

not at all, because according to your faith, your god knows the heart and the mind...seek and you shall find, am i right?
So, if God knows the heart, why would it be important for one to determnene if their theology is based on fallacy, but not important for another to determine if their rejection of theology is based on fallacy?

smokydot

a hall of mirrors is all i see, smokey
it's all too convoluted and ambiguous and twisted... again we find that in order for one to understand scripture one needs to be a detective to weed out the contradiction. but why? isn't all based on faith in the first place. then the believer is essentially relying on blind faith. and when a question surfaces the believer either has to become a detective, only to find more questions, or sweep it under the rug until one day it is unavoidable....
Could you use a better sense of the ancients and their practices, which are so foreign to us today, so that you would not expect their 2,000+ year-old Middle East narratives to read like 21st century Anglo-Saxon narratives?

Do you find Shakespeare any easier to understand?

waitasec

Veteran Member
So, if God knows the heart, why would it be important for one to determnene if their theology is based on fallacy, but not important for another to determine if their rejection of theology is based on fallacy?

it's important either way
because we value dignity integrity and truth...

"who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
obi wan
;)

Last edited:

smokydot

Smokey- My discussion with you is over. I'm sick of your condescending remarks, arrogant attitude, lack of comprehension, and your unwilling nature to do any research.
You just keep repeating the same tired defense, and really, there is no substance to it unless you already believe it to be true before hand. And really, the excuses and explanations you make simply don't work, as I've explained in depth. There is only so long that one can continue kicking a dead horse though, and I think it has been long enough. Especially considering that the general consensus of scholars, of all creeds, supports what I've been saying
If anyone else wants to have a rational discussion on this subject, I would enjoy discussing or debating with you.
If anyone wants the facts of the matter, as presented in Scripture and testified to by the Church from its beginning 2,000 years ago, see post #55.