• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What causes homosexuality?

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
This was your response:
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...what-causes-homosexuality-50.html#post3632019

Not surprisingly, in a discussion involving gay rights, the Christian (me) is the only one making appeals to human decency. The rest of you have the "pile on" mentality of an angry mob. It's a pretty disgusting display.

None of you have taken the time to demonstrate guilt with evidence, you simply declare Phil to be so.

stop playing the religious martyr card. since when are you appealing to human decency? you are trying to make a victim out of a guy who thought he was above censure. and why? does he pay you in frubals? christianity is not on trial, it isn't even an issue--well, for you it seems to be. the rest of us never even brought it up until you tried your usual diversion tactics.

you clearly want to feel sorry for yourself. ok, fine. go for it.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
If I have to explain to you what those organs are for, how they're used, and the result, based on a biology lesson, and you still don't see the science in my response, why should I waste my time?

All gay people have the capacity to produce a baby heterosexually. Reason: they were born hetero by definition.

You have made this claim about the reproductive system like somehow that has something to do with sexuality which it clearly doesnt. Are you willingly ignoring all researching, studies and psychological discoveries in relation to sexuality and attraction? Or do you pick and choose which bits of science you want to listen to.

You cannot test the sexuality of a baby. Therefore your claim is invalid.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If I have to explain to you what those organs are for, how they're used, and the result, based on a biology lesson, and you still don't see the science in my response, why should I waste my time?

All gay people have the capacity to produce a baby heterosexually. Reason: they were born hetero by definition.

I love biology lessons by people who believe sex is for reproduction. :cool:

What's the purpose of the Skene's Gland? What was it designed for?

Clarity

I think your posts in this thread have been largely misrepresentative of queers like myself and others in this debate. You have not addressed the responses that I have given regarding many studies by sexologists over even the last several decades that have helped the public understand the range of sexuality and gender identity.

You also never answered my question why you brought up blacks in one of your previous posts. What do they have to do with your rant against LGBTQs?

I'm not forced to agree with anyone, Clarity. Not any more than you must be forced to agree with anyone. I asked if my experience was comparable to Phil Robertsons. Will you respond?

I can't carry on a rational discussion with you if you're willing to demean your co-workers behind their backs. Group guilt disgusts me. If you're capable of that, how can I possibly trust your other posts or your judgment in sources?

You're demonstrating the propensity for prejudice that I'm describing. Is there no way to appeal to you for fairness?

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
I mean, what else is someone suppose to assume when he doesn't answer a question other than he doesn't have an answer?
well, he seems to have mastered the art of throwing out some red herrings and playing the christian martyr. does he get credit for that?

I mean, you do not suffer under the illusion that he will actually respond to a serious question, right?

FranklinMichaelV.3

I can't carry on a rational discussion with you if you're willing to demean your co-workers behind their backs. Group guilt disgusts me. If you're capable of that, how can I possibly trust your other posts or your judgment in sources?

You're demonstrating the propensity for prejudice that I'm describing. Is there no way to appeal to you for fairness?

Do you believe that you are not being rather prejudice as well? I find it difficult to make assumptions about people on on the internet.

dust1n

Zindīq
well, he seems to have mastered the art of throwing out some red herrings and playing the christian martyr. does he get credit for that?

I mean, you do not suffer under the illusion that he will actually respond to a serious question, right?

Yeah, that whole Christian martyr thing is getting nothing less than pathetic.

The illusion is slowly wearing off. But, I guess I'll keep asking over and over...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I was demeaning my former co-workers because I noticed they were nodding their heads to a comment about how this guy would just go and beat up a homosexual instead of outright killing him....never mind that at the moment I felt my own safety be threatened from such a comment...and you suggest that my reaction is demeaning to them?

oooooookkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
You have hetero organs between your legs. Their purpose is hetero reproduction.

Sorry to play the "science" card, but it's the quickest way to clear up your confusion. If you're born hetero, gay can be nothing else but behavioral.

And sometimes those organs get hard when I see someone of either gender.:cool: I must be one of God's defective models.

AmbiguousGuy

I mean, what else is someone suppose to assume when he doesn't answer a question other than he doesn't have an answer?

I think there are some people here who lack the Clarity of thought to answer hard questions. They know how to preach, though.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yeah, that whole Christian martyr thing is getting nothing less than pathetic.

The illusion is slowly wearing off. But, I guess I'll keep asking over and over...

Got nothing better to do on a Sunday night after football, come to RF and play!

I got caramel. :yes:

Clarity

Are you willingly ignoring all researching, studies and psychological discoveries in relation to sexuality and attraction? Or do you pick and choose which bits of science you want to listen to.

Of course I'm ignoring them. They're usually driven politically, not scientifically.

That actually doesn't matter to me. On a fundamental level, ANY science that must redefine fundamentals of nature just to survive is not a science. From a scientific point of view, such a science is dysfunctional.

Last edited:

Clarity

And sometimes those organs get hard when I see someone of either gender.:cool: I must be one of God's defective models.

Your desires are not the defining factor.

Your status as a member of a hetero species is determined by the physical attributes. Your desires are substantially impacted by your environment, culture, your experiences, etc., all of which help define behavior and norms.

dust1n

Zindīq
Your desires are not the defining factor.

Your status as a member of a hetero species is determined by the physical attributes. Your desires are substantially impacted by your environment, culture, your experiences, etc., all of which help define behavior and norms.

Are you going to ever respond?

All human beings are born hetero.
All human beings are born with the right to marry hetero.

Really? What gives all human beings the right to marry hetero at birth?

Gays are demanding the right to marry outside these boundaries.

If allowed, under the equal protection clause, I can demand to marry outside my species, beyond the limit of 1, outside my age group (as in marrying children), or marrying inanimate objects.

I can demand the "equal right" to marry anything, rather than anyone.
Who set these boundaries you speak of?

dust1n

Zindīq
Got nothing better to do on a Sunday night after football, come to RF and play!

I got caramel. :yes:

Pst. I'd like to actually play... I can't even get a response... I really must have been blocked in that 3 minute window between his first response to me and original asking of two questions.

Clarity

I was demeaning my former co-workers because I noticed they were nodding their heads to a comment about how this guy would just go and beat up a homosexual instead of outright killing him....never mind that at the moment I felt my own safety be threatened from such a comment...and you suggest that my reaction is demeaning to them?

oooooookkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

No.

You were demeaning them when you posted their behavior here without giving them a chance to speak for themselves, asking me to judge them.

When my appeals for decency and morality to gays so often fall on deaf ears, as they are with you, how should I judge you?