• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What causes homosexuality?

FranklinMichaelV.3

No doubt the paramecium can't be defined as asexual, either, can it?

This is where the dysfunction takes place. Science has never defined homo sapiens as anything other than hetero.

It can't.

The paramecium uses asexual reproduction.

Science would define humans as a species that reproduces using sexual reproduction.

Sexuality though is a social study than a strict scientific one.

dust1n

Zindīq
So basically you dismiss all scientific research and studies based on your own bias view.

I am actually studying the foundation of statistics at the moment and have already covered bias in research and studies.

Yeah, but this guy has "credentials." I know he's admitted to be a CPA, but I'm sure on his off time he is scanning over biology journals, finding all sorts of stories that support his beliefs, and then conveniently losing them and not showing anyone.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Yeah, but this guy has "credentials." I know he's admitted to be a CPA, but I'm sure on his off time he is scanning over biology journals, finding all sorts of stories that support his beliefs, and then conveniently losing them and not showing anyone.

Never trust anyone who cant answer direct questions, admit when they dont know something and never back up their statements of truth and science.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
You refer to heterosexual which is a term used to defined an attraction to the opposite sex. are my ovaries meant to be attracted to the opposite sex? See how ridiculous that sounds?

Is that what's supposed to happen? I need to return my testicles in for a refund. I think mine are defective.

FranklinMichaelV.3

I'm not degrading his religious belief. I'm degrading his "science."

Not saying you did, but I could see it going down that path.

By all means I agree being offended by what he is saying and even pointing out how offensive and incorrect it is. But lets just focus on establishing facts.

Last edited:

challupa

If he expresses a religious belief, does that make it somehow different?

Are religous beliefs fair game for retribution? Surely you don't think A & E was right to fire him on the basis of religion?

No but they do have the right to fire him for spreading hatred about a group of people. He could choose to spread love, but he chose to spread hatred.

dust1n

Zindīq
Not saying you did, but I could see it going down that path.

By all means I agree being offended by what he is saying. But lets just focus on establishing facts.

Eh, Christian bashing isn't going to happen. There are too many respectable Christians on here I know. Won't be an issue too much longer anyways... when you say things like this:

From all angles, the only thing I ever see from the LGBT community is hatred, retribution, and hypocrisy.

Until they govern themselves civilly, I can never support them.

You tend to get banned relatively quickly.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Christians doing nothing more than expressing their privately held point of view can expect to face infantile responses like this.

I'm not a bigot just because I expressed the exact views of every biology class I've ever had. The fact that someone might think I am demonstrates the insecurity of the response.

I am a Christian. But I don't see you acting Christ-like.

You know nothing about biology.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Eh, Christian bashing isn't going to happen. There are too many respectable Christians on here I know. Won't be an issue too much longer anyways... when you say things like this:

You tend to get banned relatively quickly.

Ok I just want to make sure. I have a tendency to like try to separate facts from my own personal beliefs.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
The first half of your question has nothing to do with the second half.

20 years from now, your desires will be different. That's an indication that being gay is behavioral.

Cool... You can see into the future! You wouldn't mind reading your crystal ball and telling me what the next winning lottery numbers will be, would you?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Psychology defines the extreme of this position as a disorder, "gender identity disorder".

Oh, just stop! Transsexualism has nothing to do with homosexuality. Some transsexuals are gay, most are straight, some are bi and some are asexual. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate things. You are just repeating the disproven myth that trans men are whacked out lesbians and trans women are whacked out gay men. Transsexualism is a medical condition that has biological aspects. Transsexuals have neurological differences from the sex they were assigned at birth. It is probably caused by the effects of prenatal exposure to androgens in the womb (or lack thereof, in the case of transsexual women) on the fetal brain when it is undergoing the various stages of sex differentiation. So it's a completely different subject from sexual orientation.

I noticed that you completely ignored my previous post about GID.

Last edited: