• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What books of scripture have the most vivid images? I nominate Ezekiel

whirlingmerc

And my favorite would be a tie between the 'hair travel' to Jerusalem vision
and the storm with the throne driven chariot with wheels in wheels

Ezekiel hard words for hard times

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 10.44.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 10.44.13 AM.png

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can you give an example? I am not familiar... but I think something about a chariot driver who is really Krishna?

Yup. That's the basic scene. Arjuna's chariot driver is Krishna.

You might be familiar with the words, "If a thousand suns rose in the sky at once, their radiance would be like that of the Mighty One".

whirlingmerc

I've always thought the Gospel image of the camel and the eye of the needle is pretty striking.

camelneedle.png

Some say "the eye of the needle" is a narrow gate of the city where a rich person would have to take off the bags on the side of the camel to enter.... I'm not sure that isn't watering down the picture though

exchemist

Veteran Member
Some say "the eye of the needle" is a narrow gate of the city where a rich person would have to take off the bags on the side of the camel to enter.... I'm not sure that isn't watering down the picture though
Killjoys!

I've always taken it as evidence that Jesus had a sense of humour. At any rate, I like to think He did.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
In Acts, they have Peter's Vision of a table with unclean foods.

Somehow the table winds up sounding like this.

7549438-rs.jpg

A sushi conveyor belt. But with non-kosher food.

Well before they understood what a conveyor belt was.