• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you doing this moment?

VioletVortex

I primarily question his right-wing ideology as I myself am a right-winger it it unnerves me to see a Hitler sympathizer in this day of age. It really brings the alt-right down when Identitarians think they can do no wrong, and it brings the entire right down further with it.

I have my issues with Varg mostly. His rants against veganism were completely nonsensical along with his steaming hatred toward Christians and the like. He comes off as strongly anti-Jew as well which bugs me and only makes me question his stance of race all the time.

Actually, I think that his views on veganism are the most agreeable. Many vegetables do not grow well during Winter in most of Europe and North America. Having to transport them is a complete waste and detriment to the environment.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Actually, I think that his views on veganism are the most agreeable. Many vegetables do not grow well during Winter in most of Europe and North America. Having to transport them is a complete waste and detriment to the environment.

You obviously ignore the overall impact of farm raised animals then. I will give you a hint, it does not even come close to the impact of cargo ships. On top of this is the overall sustainability of plants vs animals. As an avid gardener i know very well how this works. Unlike Varg I live in California where my garden blooms year round and I live off it mostly.

I am not saying this because I am a vegan but because it is unfair. Much of our own meat is also shipped to America as we have cleared many parts of Brazil for livestock. Living of the land is not hard depending on your climate. I understand Varg's dilemma because of climate though.

Also I am an environmental vegan and not an ethical one. So I chose veganism for its environmental impact and not the morality of killing animals.

VioletVortex

You obviously ignore the overall impact of farm raised animals then. I will give you a hint, it does not even come close to the impact of cargo ships. On top of this is the overall sustainability of plants vs animals. As an avid gardener i know very well how this works. Unlike Varg I live in California where my garden blooms year round and I live off it mostly.

I am not saying this because I am a vegan but because it is unfair. Much of our own meat is also shipped to America as we have cleared many parts of Brazil for livestock. Living of the land is not hard depending on your climate. I understand Varg's dilemma because of climate though.

Also I am an environmental vegan and not an ethical one. So I chose veganism for its environmental impact and not the morality of killing animals.

We do need to stop importing livestock, but at least cattle can survive in most climates. If the demand were lower, there wouldn't be the necessity to ship cows around the world. I think the ideal source of food is fish and grains, though. I'm not very fond of the meat industry, it promotes the exploitation and abuse of livestock.

VioletVortex

Would you kill a deer and eat its meat?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
We do need to stop importing livestock, but at least cattle can survive in most climates. If the demand were lower, there wouldn't be the necessity to ship cows around the world. I think the ideal source of food is fish and grains, though. I'm not very fond of the meat industry, it promotes the exploitation and abuse of livestock.

Just to warn you I am legit drunk at the moment :confused:. 6 shots of London dry gin.

Much of the produce varg speaks of is tropical and require heavy shipping resources but I live in california where all my produce is driven straight from Mexico and most of it is is from my neighbor or my own backyard. So for me it is extremely practical. The Scandinavian countries on the other hand are a whole different story and Varg does not address this at all. He has been heavily rebutted from start to finish with everything he said with better research than my own.

Being a vegan I have to understand the land and what it can grow. This is the main reason I am alive to this vary day after all these years.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Would you kill a deer and eat its meat?

If I had to then sure. I am not fond of the taste of meat and have not had it in quite some years but yes I would do so. Granted it is impractical of me to do so as the protein would be negligible compared to the fat content but I would do so gladly under the right circumstances.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Nicotine? Yes. Alcohol? Just drink it in moderation. I don't plan to drink our smoke tobacco, though. Neither sound very pleasant to me. I might drink a little once I am of age, but that depends...

I will force feed you spiced rum when you are 21! Negotiations are off the table! You need to experience fine liquor before you make a decision and fine liquor I know :D