• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are We?

Super Universe

Defender of God
We come from a single gentle breathe, a whisper, so naturally we desire to be like the wind.

One day we will realize that we are not the air that came from that breathe. We are the name that was whispered.

Krie

we are the worst things that could possibly walk this earth that was once very beautiful. without us there would still be lush forests and not as much pollution, yet we think that all of this technology is nessisary to survive. We are selfish and it is up to you to accept that. B/c we are sad little ppls but we will all die from our methods of "living"

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Super Universe said:
We come from a single gentle breathe, a whisper, so naturally we desire to be like the wind.

One day we will realize that we are not the air that came from that breathe. We are the name that was whispered.
care to ellaborate?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Krie said:
we are the worst things that could possibly walk this earth that was once very beautiful. without us there would still be lush forests and not as much pollution, yet we think that all of this technology is nessisary to survive. We are selfish and it is up to you to accept that. B/c we are sad little ppls but we will all die from our methods of "living"
*nods* I've often seen things this way...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
We are not real. Nothing is real....
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination, beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossedover into . . . The Twilight Zone."

Runt

We are.......... a very specific, very temporary arrangement of matter organized in such a way as to be aware of our own existence.

gnomon

Krie said:

I've held this opinion myself. Usually in my most negative, self-involved sanctimonious moments.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Buttons* said:
Those of you who participated in the Sight thread I created are familiar with what i'm about to ask. Hope I get some input. *nudge*

"What are we? "

Thanks! :D

Having ruminated, we are quite an incredible bilogical machine that is useful only for our souls to interract with the world during this life.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
mr.guy said:
Is like saying we're nature's "run-off"?

LOL! I suppose it might be. But I had in mind that we're an animal so often out of touch with our own nature, and nature in general. We create the nature we live in daily. But perhaps our urban existence, with all its trappings, to some extent alienates us from ourselves. Or, perhaps not. What do you think?

mr.guy

crapsack
But as far as urbanization goes, it's been far more condusive to progress and civilization than "suburbanization".

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
mr.guy said:
But as far as urbanization goes, it's been far more condusive to progress and civilization than "suburbanization".

I think that's true overall. Civilization has quite a few problems, but it might be on the verge of paying off big time. Of course, that's providing it doesn't destroy itself beforehand. I mostly think the problem is to somehow reconcile civilization and the fact we are basically a species of hunter/gatherers with a paleolithic brain. The latter is not going to change for our species (only the rise of a new species could change it), so civilization must change for the two to be reconciled.