• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the differences between God and Jesus Christ?

According to the Bible Jesus is: Holy, Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, and Patient, but Jesus is not Eternal, Unchanging, Impassable, Infinite, Omnipresent, All-Powerful, All-Knowing, All-Wise, Infallible, Self-Existent, Self-Sufficient, Sovereign, or Immaterial.

“So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So Jesus is good and the exact representation of God the Father, if you see Him you’ve seen the Father, He is one with the Father. He is the Word who is God and became flesh, born of the Holy Spirit who is eternal, born of a virgin, became a man to redeem man. Jesus was not created but the creator. All things were created for Him and by Him and in Him all things consist and are held together.
John 1, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:3

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

And you just said everyone is God's child but the verse I quoted says only those who believe have the power to become God's children. I see nothing about hierarchy. You just keep repeatimg the same nonsense without knowing what it means. Everyone is NOT God's child according to the Bible. Or are you one of those who claim to be Christian but do not believe the Bible?
So God created humans and then He didn’t?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
“So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.”

So Jesus is good and the exact representation of God the Father, if you see Him you’ve seen the Father, He is one with the Father. He is the Word who is God and became flesh, born of the Holy Spirit who is eternal, born of a virgin, became a man to redeem man. Jesus was not created but the creator. All things were created for Him and by Him and in Him all things consist and are held together.
John 1, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:3
All of that is true...

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jesus was like a clear mirror, and God became visible in the mirror. This is why Jesus said, “The Father is in the Son” (John 14:11, John 17:21), meaning that God is visible and manifest in Jesus.

“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that Jesus and God are one and the same, so whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one and the same. Jesus also shares the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one and the same. The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is and has always been immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived, everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men (John 1:18).

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

All of that is true...

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jesus was like a clear mirror, and God became visible in the mirror. This is why Jesus said, “The Father is in the Son” (John 14:11, John 17:21), meaning that God is visible and manifest in Jesus.

“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that Jesus and God are one and the same, so whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one and the same. Jesus also shares the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one and the same. The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is and has always been immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived, everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men (John 1:18).

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.”

Also, You did agree that Jesus is good so…

Lets' say Jesus IS God..
..then what?

What is the difference between you and me?
We both pray to / worship God, don't we?
Not sure what you believe or who you worship. Do you agree with what Jesus says:
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭ESV‬‬

muhammad_isa

Not sure what you believe or who you worship..‬‬

What?
I said that both of us pray to / worship God..

As far as I'm aware, the vast majority of people believe that God created the universe.
I am an Abrahamic believer, as are you, but I don't believe that Jesus is God.

..so I ask again..
"What is the difference between you and me?"
I mean .. in practical terms .. how does it affect our lives.

What?
I said that both of us pray to / worship God..

As far as I'm aware, the vast majority of people believe that God created the universe.
I am an Abrahamic believer, as are you.

..so I ask again..
"What is the difference between you and me?"
I mean .. in practical terms .. how does it effect our lives.
How are you made right with God and have eternal life?

They are a muslim. Are you not familiar with the main tenets of Islam? They worship the God of Abraham. They accept i.e. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad as prophets. The Quran is their sacred text. I don't understand how this is hard to understand.
It’s not but I’m not going to assume without asking someone seen as I don’t know the person.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It’s not but I’m not going to assume without asking someone seen as I don’t know the person.
You will do whatever you choose to do. However, if the person identifies as Muslim, it only makes sense to read that as them assenting to the basic Muslim beliefs. To not do that is basically to accuse them of lying when they say they are Muslim.

You will do whatever you choose to do. However, if the person identifies as Muslim, it only makes sense to read that as them assenting to the basic Muslim beliefs. To not do that is basically to accuse them of lying when they say they are Muslim.
Don’t agree with you on this, I’ve found that it’s better to ask people so they can explain what they believe so not sure where you get “accuse them of lying” thinking.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I'm not going to answer an irrelevant question. It DOESN"T MATTER what his responsibilities are. A head of a department is not referred to as father.
The question is not irrelevant.

The question is relevant.

To refuse to answer is to prove that you were wrong and cannot admit it!

But since you refuse to lay your cards on the table and show your value… I take it you conceded!!

Ok, answer me this: Is the Head of department your Leader (of that department)?

Is the Head of the household also the Leader of the household?

Is the Leader of the household the Father of the household?

Is the Father of the household the Head of the household?

muhammad_isa

How are you made right with God and have eternal life?

As far as I know, EVERYBODY has an eternal life.
A disbeliever will claim that there is nothing after dying, and there is no such thing as a soul.

I say that there IS such a thing as a soul, and only the body dies.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
As far as I know, EVERYBODY has an eternal life.
A disbeliever will claim that there is nothing after dying, and there is no such thing as a soul.

I say that there IS such a thing as a soul, and only the body dies.
But you divide eternal life into heaven and hell, do you not?