• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are my neighbors most likely if they wear all black??

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
curious2know said:
I know I know I am going to be told to just go and flat out ask them but that would be easier said than done.
We just moved into a new housing neighborhood. We moved in back in Oct 2006 and then about 3 weeks ago the house across the street was completed and the new family moved in. Well, my husband went over and introduced himself and said hello and later told me that they didn't seem very friendly..just kinda ho-hum, yah whatever type attitude. Well we have noticed that everyone in the entire family wears black clothing everyday. Nothing unusual, pretty much normal clothing..jeans and shirt or shorts but they are always black in color.
I don't mean to come across as ignorant but I just wonder what their religion might be. My mother is terrified that they could be devil worshippers..LOL!
Does anyone have any idea what religion or lifestyle they might represent?

Thanks!

That they're into black?:shrug:

And what if they WERE devil worshippers? How would that effect your family?

BFD_Zayl

i wear all black, all the time, nothing special. just cargo pants, t-shirts, shoes, etc. for a multitude of reasons.

1. black is slimming
2.it looks crisp and professional
3.i like it very much and it suits me
4.for me black has always seemed to conduct energies better then any other color, some use white, others blue, etc. i use black.
5. it can be intimidating...
6.i always walk around the neighborhood at night with my friends, so black has its benefits if we do something stupid and are chased.

i would not be worried, even if they are satanists, ive met a few in my time and they are actually very nice. they might be nocturnal witches or druids, or, and i hope this is so, fellow necromancers

Booko

Deviled Hen
Wandered Off said:
They're Liberal Arts majors. Black complements the brooding scowls. You won't get anywhere with them until you start reciting free verse.

Things must've changed since my husband was in the Humanities department. Back then, it was all academic tweeds. ;)

SoyLeche

meh...
BFD_Zayl said:
6.i always walk around the neighborhood at night with my friends, so black has its benefits if we do something stupid and are chased.
Just be sure to stay off the road. There's not much I hate more than to be driving at night and passing people that I can barely see on the side of the road. I'd hate to run into you because you are so stealthy.:ninja:

BFD_Zayl

SoyLeche said:
Just be sure to stay off the road. There's not much I hate more than to be driving at night and passing people that I can barely see on the side of the road. I'd hate to run into you because you are so stealthy.:ninja:
dont worry, we usually stick to either the woods far away from areas with traffic, whether it be cars or people, lol

Luke Wolf said:
We should make an exorcist-type plan incase such an evil arise. Add lots of Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Pantera and Black Sabbath for the first part. Then for the really evil ones, lots of Hendrix, Lynard Skynard, Queen, and Led Zepplin. Freebird, Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairways to Heaven should be long enough to severly weaken all symptoms of emo. And the sacredness of Hendrix will purge all the emo from them.
I'm all for extinguishing the idea that people might be irreversibly born emo. :yes:

Yasin

It might be a peculiar family tradition of some sort, due to superstitions or their cultural background. For example the people of Africa are know for their clothing of bright colours, then again im limiting myself guess work!

Yasin:sarcastic

Makhsihed

Tigress said:
It's not necessarily a religious requirement. ...but maybe they're vampyres? That would be interesting, since I've not had any offline experience with someone from that subculture.

The vampires I know look and act like normal people. No particular tendencies towards black. (Except for some of the House Kheperu crowd... but then, they tend to be part of the goth subculture, so it's more a result of that than the vampiric identity.)

Or are you talking about vampire lifestylers, rather than people who identify as psychic vampires/people with an energetic need? 'Fraid I haven't met any lifestylers, myself...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Orthodox Jews, Goths, Cthulhu cultists... who knows?
If they are Cthulhu cultists, then you have every right to worry. But, that is 99.999999% not the case.

I agree you should just ask them, but in a friendly, casual maner.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Makhsihed said:
Or are you talking about vampire lifestylers, rather than people who identify as psychic vampires/people with an energetic need? 'Fraid I haven't met any lifestylers, myself...

Sorry, yes. I was referring to those involved in the lifestyle subculture.

NZAmish

Hey Curious!
Did you ever ask them what they are or did they cast a spell on you or something?:tribal:
If you have not got around to asking them yet may I say that maybe they are professional mourners:sad4:

Be careful if you are still going ask them what they are, things could turn into a battle:sw: :knight:

Circle_One

Wandered Off said:
They're Liberal Arts majors. Black complements the brooding scowls. You won't get anywhere with them until you start reciting free verse.

Hey! I majored in Liberal Arts in college! And I don't wear all b......

Ok, well.. yeah, I do wear all black, nevermind..