• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are ghosts?

Rystefn K'ryll

Smiter of Infidels
Yes I do think there is a reason for this and it's the same thing I told Logician earlier: Refusal to let go of preconceived beliefs/opinions and validation through personal prejudice. In other words, willful ignorance. When a scientist come across something in the paranormal that he/she can't explain with any natural means, more often than not they manage to come up with some new theory that is more laughable then the concept of a deceased persons spirit. "I don't know" does not appear to be some peoples vocabulary.

Call it "pseudo science" or whatever label you choose, but there is "proof" and evidence for the possibility of "ghosts."

You are a special kind of wrong.

logician

"Call it "pseudo science" or whatever label you choose, but there is "proof" and evidence for the possibility of "ghosts.""

Please post such.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
LoL... Sure. You must be right, because you declare it, and that's all the proof I need. You've convinced me - ghosts are real, despite the complete and utter lack of all evidence.

In the same way I'm completely convinced there is complete and utter lack of all evidence? :D

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
There's only so many times I can say "Show your proof" before I get tired of being called out to rebut imaginary evidence.
You personally asking me for "proof" in this thread, amounts to 0.

If you are unable to address the post in question with a rebuttal, then please say so.

Mister_T said:
Yes I do think there is a reason for this and it's the same thing I told Logician earlier: Refusal to let go of preconceived beliefs/opinions and validation through personal prejudice. In other words, willful ignorance. When a scientist come across something in the paranormal that he/she can't explain with any natural means, more often than not they manage to come up with some new theory that is more laughable then the concept of a deceased persons spirit. "I don't know" does not appear to be some peoples vocabulary.
;)

crystalonyx

1. When a scientist come across something in the paranormal that he/she can't explain with any natural means, more often than not they manage to come up with some new theory that is more laughable then the concept of a deceased persons spirit.

2.Call it "pseudo science" or whatever label you choose, but there is "proof" and evidence for the possibility of "ghosts."

1. Really, post some of these laughable theories.

2. Yes, burps, strange noises, shadows, moving lights, etc. which imply nothing about whether they are "ghosts", as the implication is arbitrary.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
crystalonyx said:
1. Really, post some of these laughable theories.
I did already. Read the thread before you post.

crystalonyx said:
2. Yes, burps, strange noises, shadows, moving lights, etc. which imply nothing about whether they are "ghosts", as the implication is arbitrary.
No respectable expert in the paranormal field would base an assertion off of simplicities like shadows and strange noises, etc. If your method of research is anything like you demonstrated above in #1, I can see how you came to such conclusions.

crystalonyx

I did already. Read the thread before you post.

No respectable expert in the paranormal field would base an assertion off of simplicities like shadows and strange noises, etc. If your method of research is anything like you demonstrated above in #1, I can see how you came to such conclusions.

Really(LOL), catch an episode of ghost hunters sometime.

"Respectable experts" do it all the time.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Really(LOL), catch an episode of ghost hunters sometime.

"Respectable experts" do it all the time.
If you did some actual research, you'd find that the majority of repectable ghost hunters do not consider the show "Ghost Hunters" very respectable.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have heard ghosts. When I was a teenager, we lived in a house in Colorado which was rumored to have been a Native American holy site once. I used to hear voices sometimes and I would think that maybe they were restless spirits who had their Holy site defiled (that doesn't sound very Christian, but I wasn't a Christian then). Sometimes I thought I saw images of people, it could have been my imagination.
Maybe I was just plain crazy. :D