• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What’s Palestine’s objective?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So instead of accepting the simple fact that the IDF was the first to strike in 1967, you are now shifting the goalposts and quibbling over the definition of what it means to have "started" a war. You could have said from the start that you're not interested in the historical facts and are merely looking to spread a particular narrative, then I wouldn't have needed to waste my time.
No, the first act of war was Egypt's. That is a historical fact. Israel was the first to have an armed confrontation where both sides were armed..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You made several claims here:

You have so far backed up none of these claims with any sort of evidence. Please tell me when the Arab states attacked Israel in the 1960s before the IDF conducted its preemtive strikes against the Egyptian military.
You are
You are not listening. The first act of war was Egypt's. And yes, I did mess up a bit on the details. Both sides were ready for war. Israel did strike first but they did not start the war. An act of war is quite often the start of a war.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The objective is to get rid of Israel one way or another.
It's a problem that Israelis believe that.
It explains their opposition to meaningful compromise.
They've created in their own minds an enemy that cannot
be negotiated with. That leaves no option other than
making Palestinians, Arabs, & Muslims in Israel, occupied
lands & environs a conquered people.

A radical idea.....
Israelis should realize that its non-Jewish citizens &
neighbors want what all people normally want, eg,
prosperity, peace, fairness, justice, & tolerance.
Try offering those things as an olive branch.
See what happens.
There's nothing to lose but continual war.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no misinformation when I state that I will not debate you on a subject where you will not be swayed by arguments.
It was simply an offer to show you that Judaism has always been zionistic and to suggest otherwise is very very wrong, and spreads misinformation about Judaism. It would be like walking around and saying that the founder of Islam was Joseph Smith.
Don't want, don't have to. Just thought you should know what the result of voicing that particular opinion is (and you are most certainly not the only person to suggest this).

Friend of Mara

Its a messy situation where no one is particularly in the right but capability for violence is terribly unequal. Israel is a world power backed by the world's undisputed most powerful military superpower while the Palestine is a rag tag group of slightly capable militants. This isn't to besmirch the Palestinian people but if an unbarred war were to break out Israel with the help of the US would steamroll the whole region and fertilize the earth with the blood of every man woman and child unable to get out of the way fast enough.

Perhaps a hot take but Israel is going to have to be the ones to hold its punches for peace to be obtained.

Actual propositions would include funding and fixing the infrastructure in Palestine as well as agreeing to a two state solution for the holy land. Also not evicting tens of thousands of Palestinians currently living where they are.