• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHaaaaat!

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
Comedy Central Censors Animated Muhammad Image, Allows Defecating Jesus
(RNS) An image of the Prophet Muhammad scheduled to be shown on the controversial cartoon show “South Park” Wednesday (April 12) was censored by Comedy Central, but the network did show an animated Jesus defecating on an American flag. -- Piet Levy
from http://www.religionnews.com/

i saw these two episodes. i cant believe this. this is very offensive. but of course! treat muslims better! dont think about us Christians!!

this is what ill do to CCKnockout

finalfrogo

~Lord Roghen~ said:
Comedy Central Censors Animated Muhammad Image, Allows Defecating Jesus
(RNS) An image of the Prophet Muhammad scheduled to be shown on the controversial cartoon show “South Park” Wednesday (April 12) was censored by Comedy Central, but the network did show an animated Jesus defecating on an American flag. -- Piet Levy
from http://www.religionnews.com/

i saw these two episodes. i cant believe this. this is very offensive. but of course! treat muslims better! dont think about us Christians!!

this is what ill do to CCKnockout
It seems like an intelligent decision to me.

finalfrogo

Runt said:
Censorship shouldn't happen. Period. :mad:

The wrath of Islam when it comes to satire has been manifested in the past; Comedy Central is just trying to protect itself.

M

Majikthise

I believe a "t" was added at the end of this thread title when it should have been an "h".:biglaugh:

Whaaaaah!

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
What? Could you explain yourself a little more?

Just another <fillintheblank> spouting nonsense about Muhammad being a pedofile because one of his wives was a teenager when they were married.

The fact that teenage women were usually married at the time will, of course, be of no relevance to someone so consumed by hatred.

Ori

Angel slayer
Booko said:
Just another <fillintheblank> spouting nonsense about Muhammad being a pedofile because one of his wives was a teenager when they were married.

The fact that teenage women were usually married at the time will, of course, be of no relevance to someone so consumed by hatred.

I thought Aisha was nine when she was married to Muhammed, if I am wrong, what was her actual age? :help:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
beckysoup61 said:
And where is you basis and backing for this?

I found something to corroberate it here:-

http://www.muhammadanism.org/Hadith/Topics/Marriage.htm

Aisha — 9 year-old bride

Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234 Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13) Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151

Reactions: Ori

Fluffy

A fool
It is interesting to note that Mohammed appears in the title sequence of South Park, during the last "scene" where all the characters are gathered round the South Park sign.

I've now watched both episodes and they were both very funny. Its also encouraging to know that there is such a popular show offering political opinions of this nature. I must admit that I was afraid that South Park might bow out after the controversy over the Mohammed cartoons and I am glad to see that my fears were totally unfounded.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Matt88 said:
mohammed married a six year old girl, Aiisha or however you spell it.
Wow, her age just keeps getting younger and younger each time this story is repeated. :sarcastic

You do realize, don't you, that at one time it was common for political leaders to marry in order to cement political aliances? Not for sexual attraction. Given that A'isha's father, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph after Mohammed's death it seems to me that's what was going on.

Ciscokid

finalfrogo said:
The wrath of Islam when it comes to satire has been manifested in the past; Comedy Central is just trying to protect itself.

You mean the wrath of terrorists and extremists hiding behind the veil of Islam. You know the type of folks who have such emotional and psychological emptiness that their only response to anything they object to is centered around destruction and rioting.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
lilithu said:
Wow, her age just keeps getting younger and younger each time this story is repeated. :sarcastic

You do realize, don't you, that at one time it was common for political leaders to marry in order to cement political aliances? Not for sexual attraction. Given that A'isha's father, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph after Mohammed's death it seems to me that's what was going on.

It might also be pointed out that the story of A'isha makes it pretty clear she turned out fine and had a happy life both in her marriage and after her husband's death. So, it doesn't seem she was abused by the Prophet.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
It never ceases to amaze me how often this dead horse gets trotted out and flogged.
Aside from anything else, as anyone who's ever been married can tell you, marriage doesn't automatically equal sex.

Ori

Angel slayer
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Aside from anything else, as anyone who's ever been married can tell you, marriage doesn't automatically equal sex.

It often means the absence of. ;)