• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were gentiles allowed in the Temple?

roger1440

I do stuff
Jesus is intertwining the glory of the Temple with the Jews being a light onto the world. If the Jews do not glorify God they can not be a beacon of light to guide the Gentiles. The Jews of that time had robbed the Temple of its glory. The cleansing of the Temple involves removing all that is unholy in the Temple. Jesus did not enter the Temple with a mop and feather duster.

roger1440

I do stuff
In the minds of the canonical Gospel writers the Temple was corrupt. Since the Temple is the center of Jewish worship, Judaism as a whole would also be corrupt. Therefore, the Temple must first shine for the Jews to light the way for the Gentiles.

outhouse

Atheistically
I understood that the question was if gentiles we allowed in the Temple. I answered the question. I'm not sure what you are pointing out here.

That's a nice picture.

Sorry you said around the temple in the temple.

I thought picture would help describe what you were trying to say