• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird Verses

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Malachi 2.3: Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Genesis 31.33-34: Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not. And she said to her father, Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women is upon me. And he searched but found not the images.

Judge 9.52-54: And Abimelech came unto the tower, and fought against it, and went hard unto the door of the tower to burn it with fire. And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to break his skull. Then he called hastily unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, A woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died.

Proverbs 20.30: The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

'Blueness of a wound' is a bruise. Discipline [figurative' rod of correction' [Pr 22v15], can be deep, but can clean away meaning more than just restrain from wrongdoing, but can motivate so deep that internal changes or changing one for the better.

Malachi 2v3 according to the law the dung was to be taken outside the area and burned. [Lev 16v27] so the dung on the priest's faces meant God rejected their sacrifice because those offering them did contemptible things in God's view.

Gen 31vs33,34 'custom of women' was her monthly cycle.

Judges 9vs52-54 seems as if he wanted to save face, so to speak, and did not want it known that a woman would kill him

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That has a parallel in 1 Cor 5.

1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature[a] may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

Good point ^above^ [1 Tim 1vs19,20] because 1 Cor 5v5, 11-13 being 'cut off' [vs11-13] from the congregation, they were once again a part of Satan's world, or the world influenced under Satan's control [2Cor 4v4], but with the hope of repentance in view.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Isaiah 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own ****(pee) with you?

Isaiah 36vs11,12 Hezekiah's representatives are concerned about the effect Rabshakeh's arguments will have on the men who can hear him from the top of the city wall. Rabshakeh has no intention of speaking in the Syrian language.
He wants seeds of doubt and fear in the Jews so they will surrender and Jerusalem can be conquered without a fight.
Because of the Assyrian invasion there was no planting of crops that year.