• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird habits or superstitions?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I realized today that subconsciously, I throw my blanket over myself in a particular way because I’m scared of the closet.

Ok so by this I mean I like my feet not to be under covers, nor my shoulders, but I’ll throw the covers over my midsection and legs. So, imagine me on my side with a lil triangle of covers over my midsection.

The covers can be thrown over from either side (I don’t know how to make this make sense), but I always throw them over myself from the side facing the closet no matter which way I’m facing. I think it’s because it’s still ingrained in me that covers somehow defeat monsters that obviously live there.

How about you?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No superstitions, but because if my tinnitus, I sleep better with background noise. Nothing particularly weird about that, except for the fact that I find I sleep best listening to reruns of Skyrim for Pimps.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No superstitions, but because if my tinnitus, I sleep better with background noise. Nothing particularly weird about that, except for the fact that I find I sleep best listening to reruns of Skyrim for Pimps.

2c3255e6-b885-4007-93ff-759a0792b51e_text.gif

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I used to be a germophobe for sake of being scared of tapeworms due to scare-stories my mom told me as a kid. I got over it because of multiple things that have happened since, including me reading actual science, not conspiracy theories, on the matter.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I realized today that subconsciously, I throw my blanket over myself in a particular way because I’m scared of the closet.

Ok so by this I mean I like my feet not to be under covers, nor my shoulders, but I’ll throw the covers over my midsection and legs. So, imagine me on my side with a lil triangle of covers over my midsection.

The covers can be thrown over from either side (I don’t know how to make this make sense), but I always throw them over myself from the side facing the closet no matter which way I’m facing. I think it’s because it’s still ingrained in me that covers somehow defeat monsters that obviously live there.

How about you?

4badaefb35532f12002dfa496087f1d7.jpg

We Never Know

No Slack

Same here. I have to have at least a fan on for noise and sometimes music too depending on how bad the ringing is. Some days the the ringing is louder than other days. Plus its changes pitches at random times.

We Never Know

No Slack

How about you?

I have a friend that if a black car crosses his path while driving, he reaches up and draws an "X" on his windshield with his finger.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Same here. I have to have at least a fan on for noise and sometimes music too depending on how bad the ringing is. Some days the the ringing is louder than other days. Plus its changes pitches at random times.

I wouldn’t mind a bit of variety, actually. Same ringing, pitch, and volume for the last couple of decades.

But be careful what you wish for, right?

We Never Know

No Slack
I would mind a bit of variety, actually. Same ringing, pitch, and volume for the last couple of decades.

But be careful what you wish for, right?
Yes be careful. I've had mine for near 40 years. Its mainly a medium tone but sometimes it hits high pitches that are really annoying.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a friend that if a black car crosses his path while driving, he reaches up and draws an "X" on his windshield with his finger.

I've also heard of some superstitions about red cars. Apparently, they're bad luck or something.

Erebus

I touch my head in a brief salute if I see a lone magpie. Lone magpies are bad luck (One for sorrow) but saluting them removes the curse.

I'm fully aware that this is pure superstition but I tend to feel weird if I don't do it. There's a tiny voice in the back of my mind that says, "What if bad things are happening to you because you didn't salute the magpie?"