• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We don't execute rapists but why not remove ...

MissAlice

I agree and we should also execute those who get their kicks off torturing animals to death.

They'll just go out and do it again.....:(

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Or we could just ******* kill them. We don't need rapists in our societies. If they are killed no one is going to miss them.

Just because they've raped someone doesn't mean no-one loves them. And by killing them off, you're no better than the rapist. Revenge doesn't necessarily equate to resolution.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I think some heavy punishment is necessary in some cases. I wouldn't vote for castration on a first time rapist, specifically because they might be innocent but perhaps someone who is a serial rapist. Remove their weapon from them, they don't deserve it. But what do you do to a female rapist?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I think some heavy punishment is necessary in some cases. I wouldn't vote for castration on a first time rapist, specifically because they might be innocent but perhaps someone who is a serial rapist. Remove their weapon from them, they don't deserve it. But what do you do to a female rapist?

gaps1.jpg

??

Dezzie

I personally believe that the time served in jail for rape should be taken a bit more seriously. I wouldn't go as far as executing someone but... I seriously think the punishments for those types of things should be harsher. Possibly longer jail time, community service, and more. I mean... why do you think they do it again? Either they have a serious mental problem and should be admitted into a psych ward for evaluation or the punishment the first time wasn't that bad.

Mr Cheese

Crime, rape, wearing plaid on A TUEsday, incest, bigotry, stealing candy from women...

all henious crimes.

Of course crime is committed by people. The only sure way to prevent crime is to address this.
Living people commit crime.

hmmmm

So the only way to stop crime is to kill everyone.

So I say execute everyone, and no kitten will ever be hurt again.

Mr Cheese

Because everyone knows it's not the rapist's fault, but the savory dangling of the meat. Put everyone in sleeping bags, and there would be no rape. :areyoucra:facepalm:

thats the most sensible thing you have ever said...

You forgot to mention the mushroom soup of course;)

Jeremiah

We don't execute rapists.
And many have raped again.
Why not just remove the offending part
and then they'd not be able to rape again?

I know I'd think twice... The thought even makes me wince...

Yes, and let's chop the fingers off people who post topics in the wrong forums.

DadBurnett

Instigator

Seems like a simple solution - an ey for an eye sort of thing. But, rape is more complex that just sex ... it is about control, power, dominance ... and the violation is frequently more than the "use" of the part you would have cut off. Hey! Its a head game ... if you want to cut off the offending part ... off with their heads! (The one on their shoulders)

gnomon

Gary Dotson?

Convicted of rape, some years later the victim recants her testimony but the judge still feels that the evidence, not very strong to even begin with, was enough to keep him in jail until DNA testing showed that semen in the rape kit did not match Dotson but closely matched the claimants boyfriend at the time.

Quick executions and chemical castrations?

Not in the U.S. where justice is a very perverted concept.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Why not just let them pay 50 shekels and marry their victims?