• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Are All Born Muslim

A Vestigial Mote

I'm sure everyone will all agree that we are all born Muslim..
lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.
If, when you say "Allah" you literally mean "the ultimate force that gives us life", then your "everyone is born a Muslim" is nothing but semantics. It means the exact same thing as "everyone is born with life." My problem with your phrasing is that you have an agenda in using it. And I simply refuse to subscribe. I'll continue, and be completely fine, stating "everyone is born with life" as my fact-phrasing of choice in this matter. I don't need to call the force of life "Allah." And I would argue that no one does.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Ok. So we disagree.

What I can say more specifically is that your definitions do not seem consistent with the more broadly held definitions I've heard. Either that, or you're cherry-picking substantially.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm sure everyone will all agree that we are all born Muslim..
lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.

no, the flesh, the things we wear, count for nothing. it is the consciousness that gives life. its no more fitrah, than otherwise. it is no thing, unconditional.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think you are confusing human with muslim

Muslim : noun : a follower of the religion of Islam.

No newborn follows any faith, their mind has to be taught to believe.

I actually find it insulting to be told (based on no facts whatsoever) that i was born as anything other than a humsn female child.

Islam seeks to control everyone. This is how it starts, with a little "LOL" in the OP to try and sugar coat this radical fundamentalism.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
If, when you say "Allah" you literally mean "the ultimate force that gives us life", then your "everyone is born a Muslim" is nothing but semantics. It means the exact same thing as "everyone is born with life." My problem with your phrasing is that you have an agenda in using it. And I simply refuse to subscribe. I'll continue, and be completely fine, stating "everyone is born with life" as my fact-phrasing of choice in this matter. I don't need to call the force of life "Allah." And I would argue that no one does.

If that makes you completed and feeling fine then keep on keeping on! :)

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
no, the flesh, the things we wear, count for nothing. it is the consciousness that gives life. its no more fitrah, than otherwise. it is no thing, unconditional.

Yes, God is unconditional. Good point. ;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Islam seeks to control everyone. This is how it starts, with a little "LOL" in the OP to try and sugar coat this radical fundamentalism.

Only certain sects of islam, i know several muslims who just want to live and let live. I know of others who insist on controlling their their female relatives despite the fact gender segregation is not a requirement of the islamic faitjh.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
I think you are confusing human with muslim

Muslim : noun : a follower of the religion of Islam.

No newborn follows any faith, their mind has to be taught to believe.

I actually find it insulting to be told (based on no facts whatsoever) that i was born as anything other than a humsn female child.

Well, sorry my beliefs insult you. You can tell me I was born a watermelon and I will feel no type of way about it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Only certain sects of islam, i know several muslims who just want to live and let live. I know of others who insist on controlling their their female relatives despite the fact gender segregation is not a requirement of the islamic faitjh.

I disagree. I say it is whe whole of Islamism, except for a select number of Muslims who are smart enough to rise above their religion.