• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IF the Bible says
2 Chronicles 19:2 "And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD."

By the way, there is no such thing as Jewish language.
The words belong to the Jews.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good try! I have repeatedly said "I am hated" because love is cold everywhere I am and they all say nonsense! But thank you sir, you have vindicated me. I appreciate it. Really I do,

A lack of love is not hate. They have persuaded me to think their way about THAT. 2 Chronicles DOES NOT SAY the wrath of God is upon the man for the fact he did not hate the enemy. It says it because he loved the enemy.

Haha.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the Bible says God hates the soul of those who do wickedness then it follows that the reason to not do wickedness is to save a person's own soul. What did The Lord say about THAT?

Mountain_Climber

Good try! I have repeatedly said "I am hated" because love is cold everywhere I am and they all say nonsense! But thank you sir, you have vindicated me. I appreciate it. Really I do,

A lack of love is not hate. They have persuaded me to think their way about THAT. 2 Chronicles DOES NOT SAY the wrath of God is upon the man for the fact he did not hate the enemy. It says it because he loved the enemy.

Haha.

You will get all sorts of opinions on the Internet and in daily life as to what hate is and is not. But the basic thought of the word in relation to it's godly use is merely to resist something harmful (be that a vessel which refuses to clean itself up or whatever) with a passion that assures one will not be tempted by it.

Hope that helps.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You will get all sorts of opinions on the Internet and in daily life as to what hate is and is not. But the basic thought of the word in relation to it's godly use is merely to resist something harmful (be that a vessel which refuses to clean itself up or whatever) with a passion that assures one will not be tempted by it.

Hope that helps.
I agree.

The learning of resistance against an enemy is not wisdom.

Mountain_Climber

If the Bible says God hates the soul of those who do wickedness then it follows that the reason to not do wickedness is to save a person's own soul. What did The Lord say about THAT?

That is good reasoning but it can be and is both.

let the Jewish Bible help you understand what God's view is:

4 (5:5) For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; evil shall not sojourn with Thee.
5 (5:6) The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6 (5:7) Thou destroyest them that speak falsehood; the LORD abhorreth the man of blood and of deceit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is good reasoning but it can be and is both.

let the Jewish Bible help you understand what God's view is:

4 (5:5) For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; evil shall not sojourn with Thee.
5 (5:6) The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6 (5:7) Thou destroyest them that speak falsehood; the LORD abhorreth the man of blood and of deceit.
I am saying it doesn't say that. Maybe it said that to Jesus too. He was for changing it to what was written as I am for changing it to what was written.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are being taught by men's words. The governing body are being taught by men's words . And go on teaching men's words.

Misleading and being misled.

I am being taught by God's Spirit. OK?

Mountain_Climber

I am saying it doesn't say that. Maybe it said that to Jesus too. He was for changing it to what was written as I am for changing it to what was written.

I have needed to study the language before I was finally able to understand what was actually written.

How have you done this so that you know what was actually written?

Mountain_Climber

You are being taught by men's words. The governing body are being taught by men's words . And go on teaching men's words.

Misleading and being misled.

I am being taught by God's Spirit. OK?

That is a potential which one needs to be aware could happen and frequently does in all faiths. We agree on that much.

Mountain_Climber

You sound familiar. Do you say "while" or "whilst"?
I say "while", for "whilst" is a left over archaic word in our modern English and I am rather put off by speech and/or dress garb that serves no real purpose but to draw attention to the person of the speaker as though he or she is something special.

And then they try to justify it by claiming it is only out of respect for God. What a self-deception that is.

Cleanliness, yes, that would be a matter of respecting God by respecting others that must be around you, but fancy words and fancy dress are things that adorn one's own ego.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is a useful online site.

Show me where you get the idea that Psalms 11:5 actually says only that the workers of iniquity are hating themselves? (A point that I also believe is true but just not what that text is saying to us.)
God is love. A person will reap what he has sown. Those two are TRUE. How is it possible for a Father to tell his children to love one another but be hating people? The fact that it isn't right and the fact that God is right it CAN'T say what you say it says.

It is ancient words. Yes? Is it God's word? I think so. If it isn't then why are people teaching it like it is? If Psalms 11:5 are God's thoughts, then it is/was translated wrong. Is that possible in your opinion?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I say "while", for "whilst" is a left over archaic word in our modern English and I am rather put off by speech and/or dress garb that serves no real purpose but to draw attention to the person of the speaker as though he or she is something special.

And then they try to justify it by claiming it is only out of respect for God. What a self-deception that is.

Cleanliness, yes, that would be a matter of respecting God by respecting others that must be around you, but fancy words and fancy dress are things that adorn one's own ego.
Are you American then? People in England say whilst. I think it is not for show. They also pronounce says like say with an s.

Mountain_Climber

God is love. A person will reap what he has sown. Those two are TRUE. How is it possible for a Father to tell his children to love one another but be hating people? The fact that it isn't right and the fact that God is right it CAN'T say what you say it says.

It is ancient words. Yes? Is it God's word? I think so. If it isn't then why are people teaching it like it is? If Psalms 11:5 are God's thoughts, then it is/was translated wrong. Is that possible in your opinion?

Look at it from God's perspective; He has an entire family of humans to get cleaned up from the mire they have been rolling in. You can relate to that if you compare it to your own family.

Say for example your goal is to help your family and that the land you lived in was ruined by man's wars and all of your watering sources were polluted from the uncleanness practiced by all of your neighbors.

You would know that these unclean sources of water breed disease and pose a very real threat of taking the life of those who you love, especially your family who are so close to you.

So you work very hard to establish a clean source of water for your family and to repair the destruction caused of war which has made you family's life very difficult.

How are you going to feel about those outsiders who disrespect what you are trying to do for your family and so they come in and undo all of your hard work, rendering it valueless to have even tried to make things better. How are you going to feel about those who haughtily do that, who refuse to listen and care any at all about what they do and how it harms your family?

This picture is presented in the scriptures.

Mountain_Climber

The Bible would have us pray for people YHVH hates. That is rebellion. Isn't it?

1 John 5:16 " If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it."