• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

Mountain_Climber

Jehovah's Witnesses and born again Christians can not be reasoned with. That is why I reason to electronics.

It is just something to do.
I agree that it seems that way most of the time.

Just remember that all we can do is sow the seed and patiently water it. The waiting sometimes does make it seem like it will never produce anything of value, but there is where we must have faith in God as the one who makes it grow,

Remember:
1 Corinthians 3:5 ¶Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now you know why nobody searches me out to talk to me. I am alone most of the time. I appreciate you talking to me! :)

Mountain_Climber

Now you know why nobody searches me out to talk to me. I am alone most of the time. I appreciate you talking to me! :)

I don't find you difficult at all to talk to for the very reason that you do show yourself willing to think about what others have spoken to you.

I would imagine that you, like myself (and which I used to be particularly prone to do), sometimes get tired of receiving no indication that the one to whom you are speaking is even listening to you, and so then just start throwing remarks out.

We all do that from time to time. And I think most of us have gone through periods where we were really bad at it.

I RATHER ENJOY SPEAKING TO YOU, ALSO.

OOPS, MY CLUMSY FINGERS HIT THE CAP KEY!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that if anyone was paying attention they might see that stuff is happening that is not possible. Is not possible means God is doing it. That is what I think.

Jesus said "they took no note" and then he says they were swept away and people assume that first they took no note and then because of taking no note they were swept away. But another way of looking at it is their taking no note IS their being swept away. Does that make sense? Because if someone is swept away it becomes impossible to be there to listen.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is important. Here is the difference. Will be swept away is different than is being swept away. If it is will be then there is nothing to be done about it except each one for himself. If it is being swept away then we can investigate what is actually sweeping them away and maybe do something about it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the rare occurrence that I am face to face with a Jesus believer, I do not think that they are wrong. I think that they can be right, but they look at me the same way. After a little while, they can see I do not agree with them and they leave. Most of the time they just leave. No good bye. Sometimes they exclude me from their community so I am unable to say or think anything.

If I bring up a subject for discussion most of the time they ignore it. Some of the time they misunderstand it. None of the time does it reach any public agreement. Never yet has it. That is what I think is impossible. I am not THAT much wrong about everything.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I'm on a crusade against false teaching, as we should all be.

I started back on the first few post of this thread again and something struck me about
your remarks on false teaching.
Do you mean false Christian teaching?
(this is open to anyone interested in commenting)
Re: Christianity or Christendom. How does one determine what is false doctrine?
Can anyone cite for me examples of false Christian doctrine?
Please exclude Jim Jones and David Koresh. Too obvious.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 24:39

and
not
they knew
until
came
the
flood
and
took away
all

"they knew"
allow, be aware of, perceive.

A prolonged form of a primary verb; to "know" (absolutely) in a great variety of applications and with many implications (as follow, with others not thus clearly expressed) -- allow, be aware (of), feel, (have) know(-ledge), perceived, be resolved, can speak, be sure, understand.

"until"
even, as far as, how long, until, while.

Of uncertain affinity; a conjunction, preposition and adverb of continuance, until (of time and place) -- even (until, unto), (as) far (as), how long, (un-)til(-l), (hither-, un-, up) to, while(-s).

"came"
accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow

Middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thom-ahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively) -- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.

"took away"
to take up, take away

A primary root; to lift up; by implication, to take up or away; figuratively, to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind), specially, to sail away (i.e. Weigh anchor); by Hebraism (compare nasa') to expiate sin -- away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).

"all"
all things, everyone, whole.

From a (as a particle of union) and pas; absolutely all or (singular) every one -- all (things), every (one), whole.

Compare Daniel 9:26 "Messiah will be cut off with nothing for himself"

Matthew 24:30
Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

2 Thess. 2: 10and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,12in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Tell me please. what is wickedness? Are there degrees of it? Is wrongness wicked? I think it is.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Define wrongness

adjective
not in accordance with what is morally right or good:
a wrong deed.
deviating from truth or fact; erroneous:
a wrong answer.
not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error:
You are wrong to blame him.
not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice:
the wrong way to hold a golf club.
out of order; awry; amiss:
Something is wrong with the machine.
not suitable or appropriate:
He always says the wrong thing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I started back on the first few post of this thread again and something struck me about
your remarks on false teaching.
Do you mean false Christian teaching?
(this is open to anyone interested in commenting)
Re: Christianity or Christendom. How does one determine what is false doctrine?
Can anyone cite for me examples of false Christian doctrine?
Please exclude Jim Jones and David Koresh. Too obvious.
The most obvious one is that the world is 6000 years young.
I have been saying it is not a true Christian teaching that Jesus says to make people disciples for him. The word make is added to disciple. To disciple is one thing. To make disciples is another thing. Which one is right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another false teaching is that a person only has to believe Jesus is God's son to be saved.
And on the other hand it is a false teaching that a person must do as the church tells them to do to be saved.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The disciples of Jesus asked him "who really can be saved?" and he said "WITH God all things are possible".

Did he say with the church all things are possible? Did he say believing makes all things possible? Did he say righteousness makes all things possible? Christianity teaches these.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK. A question. What has Daniel got to to with it?

It says Messiah will be left with nothing. Does it not?

Messiah is Jesus. Is he not?

Jesus is truth. He said I am the way, the truth and the life. Is it true? Is Jesus the truth?

If Jesus is the truth and some truth has been turned into a lie and a little leaven ferments the whole batch then where now is the truth? Isn't it gone?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I also hate those who hate God, so I guess that means you must condemn me. And because you hatefully ridicule the pure and proper use of hatred you condemn David, who said, "Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?" Psalms 139:21

I see people who speak as you are speaking to qualify more as a false prophet than the Jehovah's Witnesses you condemn because you condemn what is godly and proper to do, not caring to learn that there is such a thing as a pure hatred or what it is. And for that reason you present the proper use of hatred as though it is evil, making yourself one who has fulfilled the prophecy that in these last days would come ones who called good bad and evil good.

I don't reckon you are capable of understanding what it means to hate the man we ourselves are, if that man is not fit to be deserving of life in God's new order of things, are you?

Are you for letting those into God's new earth who would quickly bring it back to the condition of this present earth?

Would you be interested in learning more about what that pure hatred is or is your desire only to find fault with Jehovah's Witnesses? Let your answer speak as to who you really are.
We shouldn't hate anyone. Hate the false doctrine, hate the sin. But never hate the sinner. We are all children of God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had a vision of what I like to call Math.

Jesus says about salvation with God all things are possible. But people are taught by The Church that they will be with God after their salvation. The Church is putting salvation on the wrong side of the equation. Isn't it?

Isn't it?

Mountain_Climber

We shouldn't hate anyone. Hate the false doctrine, hate the sin. But never hate the sinner. We are all children of God.

What about hating the choice that the sinner makes?

Is that not what David was doing at Psalms 139:21-22 "Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."

Psalms 119:113 "I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love."

So should we embrace the vain thoughts of others while hating only are own vain thoughts?

What is the real purpose of our being able to hate? Why do we have the faculty in us to hate in the likeness of God? How do we hate in the image of God?

Yes, God hates. Psalms 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hates all workers of iniquity."

Psalms 11:5 "The LORD tries the righteous: but the wicked and him that love violence his soul hates."

Are you familiar with the honorable and the dishonorable vessels Paul speaks about ?

The point is that we do hate a dishonorable vessel and the why of it is that by hating those things we resist becoming like those things. 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be tricked by false words: evil company does damage to good behaviour." BBE

1 Thessalonians 4:4 "... every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour.."

2 Timothy 2:20-21 "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

Is a dishonorable vessel good for anything?

The scriptures tell us that God breaks them to pieces like a potter grinding his old useless shod pieces back to clay dust which he can then remix and use to form a new vessel, one that is finally fit for use. One that won't pollute you with it's engrained foreign contents if you drank from it.

Romans 12:9 "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."

Is it your fault another vessel chooses to make itself dishonorable? Who made it a thing you must abhor so that you might actually cling to what is good? You or it?

What is more important to you? That dishonorable vessel's opinion of you? Or, God's opinion of you?

How can you expect God will safeguard you if you do not agree with him to hate such dishonorable things?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is very clear that Psalm 11:5 says the violent one hates his own soul
And Psalm 5:5 probably says he hates all works of iniquity, not all workers of iniquity.

Just because the words are Jewish doesn't mean they are right words (translations).

Mountain_Climber

I think it is very clear that Psalm 11:5 says the violent one hates his own soul
And Psalm 5:5 probably says he hates all works of iniquity, not all workers of iniquity.

Just because the words are Jewish doesn't mean they are right words (translations).

2 Chronicles 19:2 "And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD."

By the way, there is no such thing as Jewish language.

Last edited: