• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

Mountain_Climber

The GB teach the JW's very adamantly against spiritism. But most JW's don't know where the translation of their Bible originated. They don't realize that their Bible is based on the translation of Johannes Greber, a spirit medium.

*** w83 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
But as indicated in a foreword to the 1980 edition of The New Testament by Johannes Greber, this translator relied on “God’s Spirit World” to clarify for him how he should translate difficult passages. It is stated: “His wife, a medium of God’s Spiritworld was often instrumental in conveying the correct answers from God’s Messengers to Pastor Greber.”
Yes, they contradict themselves left and right and honestly cannot see that they do so. And surely not willing to listen to anyone else who tells them that they do so. I therefore cannot help but see their humility as mocked.

Mountain_Climber

I believe this is why they choose not to disclose the panel of men that wrote/translated their Bible. They say it was translated from the earliest manuscripts, but what they didn't say was, that it was based on interpretation of the earliest manuscripts "BY" Johannes Greber.
That sounds highly likely. Perhaps their leaders are not so deceived about what they do, but only their flock.

I must run for awhile. Speak to you later. :)

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
In communicating with one of their ex-members a year or maybe two ago, I learned that they believe that in the New World the lower animals will yet die. After he and I discussed it we agreed that was no doubt true, and that some corruptions cannot be properly viewed as contrary to God's perfect design of things, else food that falls to the ground decaying back to the soil for reuse would be against God. So we established that corruption is measured as a standard set by God related to the purpose for which he has designed certain things. The corruption which dishonors God is specifically the corruption induced by sin which cause things to fail in the purpose for which God created them.

But we also discussed their view that literally all animals will only eat vegetation in the New World. Have you ever thought about the many implications of that? And have you ever thought about how their continued death would need carrion birds and other meat eating creatures to keep our earth clean? For example the millions of salmon that swim up our rivers and creeks to spawn and then die?

Besides the fact that in the OT the examples they give to support their belief are actually speaking of man's various personalities, it yet nowhere comes right out and says they will not any longer eat meat.
It seems the entire focus of JW's is on what they call paradise earth.

Yet, what was uppermost in the minds of thousands on the day of Pentecost, and on the mind of the Philippian jailer?

What must I do to be saved?

I have spoken with many JW's at my door, and NOT ONE has ever spoken to me about what I must do to be saved, yet this is one of the main themes of the NT, especially the book of Acts.

Instead they go on and on about a future paradise earth.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I believe this is why they choose not to disclose the panel of men that wrote/translated their Bible. They say it was translated from the earliest manuscripts, but what they didn't say was, that it was based on interpretation of the earliest manuscripts "BY" Johannes Greber.
The loyal followers will never know because they refuse to examine the religion they are so loyal to.

djhwoodwerks

It seems the entire focus of JW's is on what they call paradise earth.

Yet, what was uppermost in the minds of thousands on the day of Pentecost, and on the mind of the Philippian jailer?

What must I do to be saved?

I have spoken with many JW's at my door, and NOT ONE has ever spoken to me about what I must do to be saved.

Instead they go on and on about a future paradise earth.

I totally agree. That's how they set the hook, so to speak. They say they are continuing to preach what the Apostles preached. But, if you search the Epistles, not one Apostle preached/taught about paradise earth. They claim that Jesus taught the Apostles what to preach about the "Kingdom of God" and all they preached/taught was Jesus.

djhwoodwerks

The loyal followers will never know because they refuse to examine the religion they are so loyal to.

The Watchtower tells them they should examine the religion carefully, but what they means is, "LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE DONE" not at what we have taught. Look at our "FRUIT" not at our teachings>

*** w13 7/1 p. 3 Why Question Religion? ***
Similarly, it is wise to examine religion carefully. If you belong to a religious organization, you are, in effect, putting your spiritual life in its hands. This includes your prospects for salvation.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I totally agree. That's how they set the hook, so to speak. They say they are continuing to preach what the Apostles preached. But, if you search the Epistles, not one Apostle preached/taught about paradise earth. They claim that Jesus taught the Apostles what to preach about the "Kingdom of God" and all they preached/taught was Jesus.
The phrase "paradise earth" never appears in the Bible, neither is resurrection into an earthly paradise discussed.

No scripture says mankind will be resurrected onto earth and the bible only discusses a heavenly resurrection. Use of the word paradise generally refers to heaven and even references to the Great Crowd places them in heaven.

Both the Old and New Testament state the earth will end. Sometimes it says that the old earth will be replaced with a new earth. Time and again, we are told the earth will be destroyed.

Psalms 102:25-26 “Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself, And the heavens are the work of your hands. 26 They themselves will perish, but you yourself will keep standing; And just like a garment they will all of them wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will finish their turn.”

Isaiah 51:6 “Raise YOUR eyes to the heavens themselves, and look at the earth beneath. For the very heavens must be dispersed in fragments just like smoke, and like a garment the earth itself will wear out, and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat. But as for my salvation, it will prove to be even to time indefinite, and my own righteousness will not be shattered.”

Isaiah 65:17-18 “For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart. 18 But exult, YOU people, and be joyful forever in what I am creating.”

Matthew 24:34-35 “Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.”

2 Corinthians 5:1 “For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, should be dissolved, we are to have a building from God, a house not made with hands, everlasting in the heavens.”

Hebrews 1:10-12 “You at [the] beginning, O Lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands. 11 They themselves will perish, but you yourself are to remain continually; and just like an outer garment they will all grow old, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as an outer garment; and they will be changed, but you are the same, and your years will never run out.”

2 Peter 3:10-13 “Yet Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered. [BURNED UP] 11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought YOU to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! 13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.”

Revelation 21:1-2 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

I am really very happy I found the WT library CD. It has some very, very rich info in it!

Do you all realize that "professed Christians" started the war of 1914?

Shak34

I am really very happy I found the WT library CD. It has some very, very rich info in it!

You are very lucky to have gotten a hold of their library cd. It is rare for someone who is not a member to have it.

djhwoodwerks

You are very lucky to have gotten a hold of their library cd. It is rare for someone who is not a member to have it.

I really have no idea why they made it, they don't allow their members to read any early publications. Maybe it was made for Christendom.

Mountain_Climber

What year is your Watchtower CD from?

I have a 2007 and a 2008. I have turned much of the contents into independent PDFs (for personal use) using OpenOffice..

I got mine from a friend who is a JW. They gave their older versions to me as they got newer versions. But i found that some registry cleaners would cause the 2008 to stop working and I located the cause to be that the MEPSLanguage.mcf is in folder E and needs also to be in folder rs_data. So i copied the CD and placed a copy of that file to the rs_data folder and then re-burned it to a CD. That then places the MEPSLanguage.mcf file in the right places when you install the program so that the registry cleaners do not harm it.

I had some even older copies but they are stuck back somewhere in storage and i no longer use them.

But i also have quite a collection of their actual publications in book, pamphlet, and magazine form.

Last edited:

kjw47

The Watchtower tells them they should examine the religion carefully, but what they means is, "LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE DONE" not at what we have taught. Look at our "FRUIT" not at our teachings>

*** w13 7/1 p. 3 Why Question Religion? ***
Similarly, it is wise to examine religion carefully. If you belong to a religious organization, you are, in effect, putting your spiritual life in its hands. This includes your prospects for salvation.

In the early years only error filled trinity translations were available. It took years of hard study by many men--Gods written word, history, old writings, languages. To uncover the errors made by Catholicism translators which exist in every trinity bible in existence. By the time anyone else translated, the originals were gone. But God made sure that this( Daniel 12:4) became truth here in these last days.
2 major errors uncovered are the trinities biggest support for a trinity god.
A small g goes in the last line of John 1:1--it was not calling the word--THE GOD. because in the second line they would have to teach--God was with God( with another God( HS) over there--there is only 1 God.
the second error is worship to a mortal Jesus--obeisance to a king is the proper usage of the greek word-Proskenaue to a mortal. Gods word clearly teaches these two points--no worship even to an angel--and Jesus was made lower than the angels while on earth. Catholicism= 2Thess 2:3--carried over into a divided house( 33,000 trinity based religions--a mass of confusion)-Mark 3:24-26--the real cult.

djhwoodwerks

In the early years only error filled trinity translations were available. It took years of hard study by many men--Gods written word, history, old writings, languages. To uncover the errors made by Catholicism translators which exist in every trinity bible in existence. By the time anyone else translated, the originals were gone. But God made sure that this( Daniel 12:4) became truth here in these last days.
2 major errors uncovered are the trinities biggest support for a trinity god.
A small g goes in the last line of John 1:1--it was not calling the word--THE GOD. because in the second line they would have to teach--God was with God( with another God( HS) over there--there is only 1 God.
the second error is worship to a mortal Jesus--obeisance to a king is the proper usage of the greek word-Proskenaue to a mortal. Gods word clearly teaches these two points--no worship even to an angel--and Jesus was made lower than the angels while on earth. Catholicism= 2Thess 2:3--carried over into a divided house( 33,000 trinity based religions--a mass of confusion)-Mark 3:24-26--the real cult.

It look's that way when you rely on a spirit medium for the translation of the NWT. The Greek interlinear Bible say's God, not a God. Unless you use the version published by the Watchtower, then it will. Just like Johannes Grebers translation.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since the "slave" was appointed in 1919, and there was no GB in 1919, who was appointed?

When was the GB appointed, and by whom?
"New Light" hasn't caught up with you yet.

I think we now must believe nobody was appointed in 1919. The faithful and discreet slave will appear at the Great Tribulation, or so I have heard.

Nobody has commented yet on my Math. I think 144,000 means all in one place. No?