• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree with you but THEY believe all the words of scripture ARE the gospel. The trouble though with that is everyone reads the words differently and there is no way all the original thoughts which caused the writing have made it to our day unabridged. But I don't want to argue that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Their gospel says God shall give them Earth. It is only for all the people who will submit to the faithful and discreet slave. Then THOSE people who will be eliminated so that JWs can get what they seek (Earth) say "Why don't you mind your own business?": I think my elimination IS my own business. Isn't it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just imagine, if you will, the possibility that if enough brain power gets behind an idea it will come true. That means you and I and everyone not siding with the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses die because of their great idea. That might be OK with you, but guess what? It isn't OK with me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe I should use English. For the Jehovah's Witness gospel of Jesus Christ to come true everyone but them must die. I am not going quietly. But YOU are!

kjw47

So back around we come to asking for evidence they ALONE know the way, the truth and the life.

unfortunately when the evidence comes it will be too late. The wicked have asked for signs all throughout the bible--they get none.
Wartime--- when it comes down to brother in Christ vs brother in Christ is ample proof for all--oh but one must know Jesus to see it--Few do. Jesus wouldn't allow it for an iota of a millisecond.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
unfortunately when the evidence comes it will be too late. The wicked have asked for signs all throughout the bible--they get none.
Wartime--- when it comes down to brother in Christ vs brother in Christ is ample proof for all--oh but one must know Jesus to see it--Few do. Jesus wouldn't allow it for an iota of a millisecond.
Do you know Jesus or do you know the governing body version of him?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree to fight and kill your brother is wicked. But many people profess Jesus Christ as lord and savior, are willing to die to defend the truth and refuse to do any sort of violence but because they won't profess the governing body ALSO, you say they will be killed by Jehovah. So to be true Christians WE must not kill believers but Jehovah will, according to YOU.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
No one has asked for signs or miracles. I have consistently asked for Scriptural proof for Watchtower claims. I am just like the Bereans, testing what is told to me against the Scriptures.

KJW47, I trust you are an honest person. I believe you would never intentionally lie, no matter what.

Could you answer a question for me? What is the ratio of your time spent reading Watchtower literature compared to reading just the Bible?

A couple years ago, I began reading the Bible, using a daily reading plan. I got through the Bible from beginning to end in a year. I have always read the Bible in large chunks, because for me context is everything. And I have pretty much studied most of the 66 books at one time or another over the past 38 years. Anyway, I started doing something a bit differently last year than I had done before. I use headphones now, and listen to the Bible being read aloud. I realized just how much more I picked up on, that I hadn't when I was simply reading. Things just jumped out at me that I had never thought about. I can't begin to say how much spiritual growth I experienced doing this. I believe the Holy Spirit speaks to us through His word. I highly recommend this to everyone, regardless of what they believe.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Their gospel says God shall give them Earth. It is only for all the people who will submit to the faithful and discreet slave. Then THOSE people who will be eliminated so that JWs can get what they seek (Earth) say "Why don't you mind your own business?": I think my elimination IS my own business. Isn't it?
Earth is going to burn up. I don't want it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Earth is going to burn up. I don't want it.
Scripture seems to say it will. I don't know what will happen and for sure you do not know either. Is it not the truth that The Son came to save the world? I realize that can mean different things to different people. I sympathize with the witnesses on this one.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Scripture seems to say it will. I don't know what will happen and for sure you do not know either. Is it not the truth that The Son came to save the world? I realize that can mean different things to different people. I sympathize with the witnesses on this one.
I can only say what the Scriptures say, and they clearly say the earth will be destroyed. I have to trust what God's word says.

2 Peter 3:4-10
They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, andthe heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

How can anyone believe they can survive such an event?

I am convinced that many people do not know the Bible.

When Jesus comes again, He will come in the same way He left. Acts 1:11.

11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air”

1 Cor. 15:52-53
“Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed”

Question: If the dead in Christ rise first, and the christians who are left are changed in the twinkling of an eye, being changed from corruptible to incorruptible, then what happens to those left on the earth?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The Watchtower has proven repeatedly that they do not have the Holy Spirit. It is up to you to try to prove that they do. It is not up to me to write what the role of the Holy Spirit is.

what is the operation of holy spirit? How does it demonstrate itself? If you dont know the answer to that question, then how could anyone know who has holy spirit??? We need to at least know how the holy spirit operates on individuals before we could answer that question.

What does the bible say about it?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
what is the operation of holy spirit? How does it demonstrate itself? If you dont know the answer to that question, then how could anyone know who has holy spirit??? We need to at least know how the holy spirit operates on individuals before we could answer that question.

What does the bible say about it?
Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

You have disobeyed Jesus' command to take the Lord's Supper. You do not follow the pattern set forth by Jesus and His apostles. You do not baptize immediately like they did in the NT church. You preach that Jesus came in 1914. Funny, no one saw Him except for JW's. Yet Jesus promised all would see. You preach another gospel.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jehovah Witnesses preach another gospel.

The different gospel that Jehovah's Witnesses preach centers around the thought that Jesus Christ, who they believe to be Michael the archangel, returned invisibly in the year 1914 and set up the Kingdom of God in the hands of the Watchtower Society, opening the way for men to gain everlasting life on earth through their obedience to the Watchtower organization.

Here is the gospel of Jesus Christ which Paul preached.

Now brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,4 that he was buried, that he was raisedon the third day according to the Scriptures,

This tells us that the gospel centers around the life death and resurrection of Jesus. Of course we teach this... our whole faith is based on the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

But this verse alone is not all of the gospel for it does not tell us the purpose of Jesus life, death and resurrection. It gives no information about why Christ died for us or what his death accomplished. Paul elaborates those details in others scriptures.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this by providing other verses explaining it.

He who has an honest heart COMPARE.

Eternal life is through Jesus alone, not the Watchtower Organization.

10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone. 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

we believe and teach this too.

So what is the issue here?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Acts 5:32
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

There is a very good clue as to how the holy spirit will operate on someone who has it.... 'We are witnesses of these things'
What does it mean to be a 'witness'? If you are called into a court case to stand as a witness, what are you doing?

Try Acts 1:8

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
, I started doing something a bit differently last year than I had done before. I use headphones now, and listen to the Bible being read aloud. I realized just how much more I picked up on, that I hadn't when I was simply reading. Things just jumped out at me that I had never thought about. I can't begin to say how much spiritual growth I experienced doing this. I believe the Holy Spirit speaks to us through His word. I highly recommend this to everyone, regardless of what they believe.
TRUE! I read the Bible through out loud and I believe also that reading it and the spoken word are different.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can only say what the Scriptures say, and they clearly say the earth will be destroyed. I have to trust what God's word says.

2 Peter 3:4-10
They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, andthe heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

How can anyone believe they can survive such an event?
Look at the order! The works will be exposed after the burning up. How?
Look up the word "
dissolved" . It is the same as Rev 20:7 "will be released". Please be aware that just as certain people NOW have an opinion of what scripture means and are wrong, it is the same as when it was translated and copied in places. It is possible the original meaning is lost. Also know that what you rest your faith in God on is attributed to a man. A man said it. The default position for me is Proverbs 3:5 Trust in God with all your heart and on understanding so not lean.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Look at the order! The works will be exposed after the burning up. How?
Look up the word "
dissolved" . It is the same as Rev 20:7 "will be released". Please be aware that just as certain people NOW have an opinion of what scripture means and are wrong, it is the same as when it was translated and copied in places. It is possible the original meaning is lost. Also know that what you rest your faith in God on is attributed to a man. A man said it. The default position for me is Proverbs 3:5 Trust in God with all your heart and on understanding so not lean.
I don't concern myself with order or specifics. What matters to me is that I am right with God. I am ready. I look forward to when He comes again. :)

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN

This tells us that the gospel centers around the life death and resurrection of Jesus. Of course we teach this... our whole faith is based on the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

But this verse alone is not all of the gospel for it does not tell us the purpose of Jesus life, death and resurrection. It gives no information about why Christ died for us or what his death accomplished. Paul elaborates those details in others scriptures.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this by providing other verses explaining it.

we believe and teach this too.

So what is the issue here?

I agree with you that the gospel consists of everything Jesus taught and did.

The issue is you preach another gospel, a different gospel..

The different gospel that Jehovah's Witnesses preach centers around the thought that Jesus Christ, who they believe to be Michael the archangel, returned invisibly in the year 1914 and set up the Kingdom of God in the hands of the Watchtower Society, opening the way for men to gain everlasting life on earth through their obedience to the Watchtower organization.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
There is a very good clue as to how the holy spirit will operate on someone who has it.... 'We are witnesses of these things'
What does it mean to be a 'witness'? If you are called into a court case to stand as a witness, what are you doing?

Try Acts 1:8
Whose witnesses are we supposed to be according to Acts 1:4-8?