• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
You may as well stop right there, for one thing they for certain did not teach was this idea of going to live in heaven. And both you and the JW's teach that false idea. They merely teach it in part and you all together.
The important point is that you be with GOD eternally. The where makes no difference, whether it be on a restored earth, a new heaven and earth or heaven, IT DOES NOT MATTER! Why argue about it? Just make sure you have done the Lord's will.

Jesus said,
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

The focus must be on the will of the Father, not the geographical location of where we will spend eternity with our Lord.

djhwoodwerks

Pegg says there is no longer a need to preach the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus because everyone already knows that.

But, isn't the gospel (good news) that they preached supposed to be preached to the ends of the world? How can Pegg know that "EVERYONE" already knows about Jesus? With that logic, there must be 2 gospels. Is the word gospel in the Bible in the plural form?

djhwoodwerks

John 6:37-40 (ESVST) . 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

If God was so concerned about us using His personal name, why didn't Jesus mention it when He told what His Father's will was? It doesn't say that the will of His Father is for everyone to believe in paradise earth, or a new kingdom, or that we use His personal name. Where does it say the will of the Father is any different?

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
The JW's preach a different and false gospel. Those who preach another gospel are accursed.

Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind.That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really"gospel" or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (Watchtower, May 1, 1981,p. 17)

djhwoodwerks

I cannot understand the obsession some people have about the geographical location about where we will spend eternity with our Lord. If one doesn't do the Lord's will, he/she won't be there anyway.

I totally agree. I'm believing for heaven!

John 14:1-3 (ESVST) 1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

But if it be earth, that will be awesome too.

djhwoodwerks

The JW's preach a different and false gospel. Those who preach another gospel are accursed.

Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind.That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really"gospel" or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (Watchtower, May 1, 1981,p. 17)

Very true. Jesus Himself nor any apostle taught what the JW's are teaching. All they say is the "GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM" but they cannot explain what that good news is. If they would just study the Epistles to see what the apostles taught and preached, they would learn the truth of the good news.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Very true. Jesus Himself nor any apostle taught what the JW's are teaching. All they say is the "GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM" but they cannot explain what that good news is. If they would just study the Epistles to see what the apostles taught and preached, they would learn the truth of the good news.
What they teach is the the kingdom was established by the enthronement of Jesus Christ in 1914, which is a lie of Satan.

We were warned byJesus about people like the JW's. Jesus said there would be false prophets, those who would claim Jesus came. JW's are false prophets.

Matthew 24
23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I totally agree. I'm believing for heaven!

John 14:1-3 (ESVST) 1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

But if it be earth, that will be awesome too.
Who cares? If we are with our Lord, what difference does it make? No more sickness or pain, no death, no sorrow. That promise is enough for me.

djhwoodwerks

The message they preach is, "pack your bags the end is coming." Nothing else. It is apparent that they regard their own literature more valuable than the Bible. Their literature is published in 190 languages, but their Bible in only 120 languages. If the Bible is our source of knowledge, shouldn't it be the other way around?

JFish123

Oh my....would you like a tissue?

Since you have nothing good to say about JW's, do you expect us to take you serously? It is not we who judge anyone as worthy or unworthy....it is God. If the good news we declare is rejected, we are to shake the dust off our feet and move on to those who do accept the good news we preach.

If you cannot tell us what the good news is, then what does that say about your own faith?

Come on....preach to us...tell us what the good news of the kingdom is so that we can be saved. o_O

Even tell us what the kingdom is that Jesus taught us to pray for.....how does it "come"?
How is Daniel's prophesy tied in with this request? (Dan 2:44)
What is the Good News of Christendom? Answer: The word gospel means “good news,” so the gospel of Christ is the good news of His coming to provide forgiveness of sins for all who will believe (Colossians 1:14; Romans 10:9). Since the beginning of time when the first man sinned, mankind has been under the condemnation of God (Romans 5:12). Because everyone breaks God’s perfect law by committing sin (Romans 3:23), everyone is guilty (Romans 5:18). The punishment for the crime of sin is physical death (Romans 6:23) and then an eternity spent in a place of eternal punishment (Revelation 20:15; Matthew 25:46). This eternal separation from God is also called the “second death” (Revelation 20:14–15).

The fact that all are guilty of sin and condemned to spend eternity in a place of torment is very bad news. But God, because of His love for the world, has made a way for man to be forgiven for their sins (John 3:16). He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to take the sins of man on Himself through death on a cross (1 Peter 2:24). In placing our sin on Christ, God ensured that all who will believe in the name of Jesus will be forgiven (Acts 10:43).

This is the gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news that God provided the way for man to be freed from the penalty of sin (John 14:6: Romans 6:23). But not all people will be saved from hell; only those who place their faith in Jesus will go to heaven when they die (Acts 4:12).

djhwoodwerks

You have been told but choose to ignore it and even make out like you haven't.

Play that game with children.

If the shoe fits......

That's a feeble attempt to avoid the question. Nice try. JW's "CANNOT" answer it because they don't know. All they know is the "GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM" what that good news is, they have no idea. Apparently, neither do you.

djhwoodwerks

You don't say much other than to claim no one is telling you anything.

That is a child's game.

Please show me where Paul said the good news was a kingdom. Didn't he say that the good news he preached and of "FIRST" importance was the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Which by, they "WERE" being saved. Didn't he tell them to hold fast to that gospel? Did he mention God's personal name? NO. Did he mention paradise earth? NO. Did he mention anything about a kingdom? NO.

djhwoodwerks

Act 5:41-42 (ESVST) 41Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name. 42And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus. (Hmm, no mention of paradise earth or God's personal name here.)

Act 11:19-21 (ESVST) 20 But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who on coming to Antioch spoke to the Hellenists also, preaching the Lord Jesus. 21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number who believed turned to the Lord. (Here neither)

Romans 15:19-21 (ESVST) — so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ; 20and thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where "Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else's foundation", 21 but as it is written, " Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand." (Nope, no mention of paradise earth or God's personal name here neither)

1Co 1:17 (ESVST) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. (Only mentioned the power of the cross of Christ here)

1Co 1:21-24 (ESVST) 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. ( Well darn, no paradise earth or God's name here either. We have to be getting close tho)

1Co 2:1-2 (ESVST) 1 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. (Paul decided to know nothing except Christ and Him crucified. I guess knowing and making God's name known wasn't important to him. Think he'll go to hell for that?)

1Co 15:3-5 (ESVST) 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. (I guess God's name wasn't important to Paul. Think he'll be saved since he put Jesus' sacrifice before God's personal name?)

Philippians 1:15-18 (ESVST) 15 Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. 16 The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. (Paul says he was put here for the defense of the Gospel, there's no mention of paradise earth, a kingdom, God's personal name, "ONLY CHRIST.")

Can a JW show me where they preached and taught paradise earth, a kingdom, or God's personal name!

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jesus, in His model prayer, prayed for the kingdom to come. He preached from that perspective. He spoke of His coming death, burial and resurrection. Many of His parables were comparisons to His kingdom.

The apostles preached from a different perspective, that being the kingdom was established on Pentecost.

The occasion of Pentecost happened in the year 33CE. It was 50 days after the death of Jesus, and 10 days after his ascension to heaven.

Yet strangely enough, the Apostles were still speaking about the coming of the kingdom long after that event.
The strongest evidence that the kingdom had not arrived back at pentecost 33 CE is the fact that in around 96CE, the Apostle John was given the vision of Revelation. In that vision, he saw what was coming in the future. He saw:
Rev 12:1 Then a great sign was seen in heaven: A woman+ was arrayed* with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of 12 stars,2 and she was pregnant. And she was crying out in her pains and in her agony to give birth....5 And she gave birth to a son,+ a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod.+ And her child was snatched* away to God and to his throne.

This is a prophecy about Christ taking the throne of the Kingdom to begin his rulership over mankind. That did not happen on Pentecost 33CE. And it certainly did not happen at the end of the first century when John wrote the prophecy.

Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel" or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (Watchtower, May 1, 1981, p. 17)

I do not see your gospel in the Scriptures.

Im afraid your 'gospel' that the Kingdom was established in 33CE is quite false.

The apostles were still preaching the coming of the kingdom long after 33 CE.
Peter says they were still 'waiting' for the promises
2Peter 3:13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise,+ and in these righteousness is to dwell. 14 Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace.

And Paul spoke of the coming of the day of Jehovah it is 'coming'
1 Thess 5:2
For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s* day+ is coming exactly as a thief in the night

So you think the kingdom arrived back in 33CE, but the Apostles were still speaking of it as something for the future. That sounds like a different gospel to the Apostles dont you think?