• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wasps

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Apparently, these angry annoying ****ers are useful. Ugh.

I never knew that wasps also pollinated.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
WHAT?! Wasps are the BEST!

This is what happens when you feed them colorful construction paper to make their nests:

colorful-paper-wasp-nests-rainbow-mattia-mechetti-4.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Apparently, these angry annoying ****ers are useful. Ugh.

I never knew that wasps also pollinated.

I don't know about angry but certainly annoying in a couple of ways.

Whenever we eat outside wasps make a bee line for our table

And even more annoying, they eat our grapes.

Any insect that flits from flowet to flower will help pollinate.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wasps are pollinators but inefficient ones in practice, because they are so aggressively opportunistic. They would rather raid honeybees for drones, larvae and honey than gather themselves, taking the path of greatest violence but little enough resistance.

Rather like humans, really.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Wasps are pollinators but inefficient ones in practice, because they are so aggressively opportunistic. They would rather raid honeybees for drones, larvae and honey than gather themselves, taking the path of greatest violence but little enough resistance.

Rather like humans, really.

Seems to be the way of most predators. We are all about energy conservation.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
WHAT?! Wasps are the BEST!

This is what happens when you feed them colorful construction paper to make their nests:

colorful-paper-wasp-nests-rainbow-mattia-mechetti-4.jpg

That is pretty damn cool, I'll be honest. I still think they are nature's ******* (wasps), but everything serves a purpose I suppose.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Maybe I should try to be friendlier with our more stingier bee cousin. Although, I wish they'd stop trying to land on me thinking I'm a flower or something.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a deep fear of wasps. I've never been stung, and do not intend to be.

Wherever a wasp is, I won't be.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have a deep fear of wasps. I've never been stung, and do not intend to be.

Wherever a wasp is, I won't be.

When I was 12 i was stung 137 times by yellow jackets. Spent a little over a day in the hospital. Since then a yellow jacket, honeybee, etc. can sting me and I just swipe them away and go on about my business. This past summer I was stung in the ankle twice by what I think was a paper wasp. My ankle throbbed for 3-4 days and it took a week for the swelling to go down.
I then found out on the insect sting pain scale the paper wasps is in the top 3 to 5 for pain/swelling. I sure don't want to run into them again lol.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe I should try to be friendlier with our more stingier bee cousin. Although, I wish they'd stop trying to land on me thinking I'm a flower or something.

It's not a big deal when they do. I usually have a nest of the little guys every season and they will sometimes land on me when I'm outside. Don't do anything to them you wouldn't do to a human (aka, do not attack them, smack them, aggravate them) and it's fine.

I did have one time that one landed in my hair and I didn't notice. I almost accidentally squished the poor guy when messing with my hair, and I rightly got stung for it. I'd sting something too if it almost squished me to death. I felt bad. Not because it stung me, but because I almost murdered the poor guy on accident. :(

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's not a big deal when they do. I usually have a nest of the little guys every season and they will sometimes land on me when I'm outside. Don't do anything to them you wouldn't do to a human (aka, do not attack them, smack them, aggravate them) and it's fine.

I did have one time that one landed in my hair and I didn't notice. I almost accidentally squished the poor guy when messing with my hair, and I rightly got stung for it. I'd sting something too if it almost squished me to death. I felt bad. Not because it stung me, but because I almost murdered the poor guy on accident. :(

Yeah, nope. Nope nope nope, don't land on me. Do your business elsewhere, but do not land on me. I tend not to try to kill them, though, even if they do.