• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Obama's Intrusion into Wisconsin's Politics Executive Abuse?

Debunker

The people of Wisconsin are calling the state house and asking that the striking public workers be fired. There are masses of Wisconsins willing to support the efforts being made to reduce their state budget. Should Obama and Mr. Trump be involved in this state battle and what implications does this involvement have on other states that will be making cuts to balance their budgets.

Rakhel

Depends what the situation is. To the best of my knowledge a sitting President has imposed his will on state's will only once in the last 100 yrs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All partisanship aside, Obama ought to be paying attention to his budget, rather than a state's.

Last edited:

Debunker

All partisanship aside, Obama ought to be paying attention to hisbudget, rather than a state's.
Do you think the various news networks will put any special spin on the the Wisconsin political situation? I say they will not because of Obama's support of the Union. If they do not start their spin now, the conservatives and Fox pendents will be the only ones to point out serious intrusions on hearing the voice of the people b and not be heard by Obama. I think Obama made a big mistake and tells other states who have serious budget problems that the country can not depend on him to help balance the budgets. He proves he will not listen to Americans and Rush, Glenn, Bill O. and the host of radio folk will have a field day in the next presidential election. These guys can't wait to get the human rights argument going.

From here on as each state tries to balance their budget, Obama will blindly support the Union. As the result, the people of the USA will harden their position against unions and the President. Obama and liberals just forfieted all the criticism they built up against the Tea Party and Sarah Palin and other Conservatives. The game is on and Obama's abuse of the people in Wisconsin will be a major talking point of the middle class. The liberals just lost their class warfare by siding with the Union. That is an un-American argument anyway IMO. It is no accident that the liberals on this forum have been silent on the issue in Wisconsin. They know the people of the nation are very sensitive to the rhetoric of the left and the people will not tolerate their guff. The conservatives are not the ones who fear the coming elections in which the people will demand accountability once again.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member

The people of Wisconsin are calling the state house and asking that the striking public workers be fired. There are masses of Wisconsins willing to support the efforts being made to reduce their state budget. Should Obama and Mr. Trump be involved in this state battle and what implications does this involvement have on other states that will be making cuts to balance their budgets.
Got a source for these facts?

Debunker

I have none. Just looking for support for your claims.

Ok! Good deal. Don't you wonder like me why the Obama liberal are so silent on this issue? Like you, I am curious as to what their spin on this issue is. We can assume what the right's spin is going to be. I think the established liberal Democrats are going t throw Obama under the bus like he did the liberal congress in the last election. More correctly, they are going to allow him to walk in front of the bus. He does not need any support than his reckless abuse of the American voter. He hastens judgement day with his own decision. If he shuts the country down in March, we will know for sure what he thinks about the voters and the people.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think you guys are giving fox too much credit by saying they can think.

The best thing about Fox is that most Americans don't watch it. For instance: At the height of his popularity, before he began to lose his audience, only about 1% of America tuned into Glenn Beck. Ninety-nine percent of Americans had something better to do with their time than being fed Beck's made up facts.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Ok! Good deal. Don't you wonder like me why the Obama liberal are so silent on this issue? Like you, I am curious as to what their spin on this issue is. We can assume what the right's spin is going to be. I think the established liberal Democrats are going t throw Obama under the bus like he did the liberal congress in the last election. More correctly, they are going to allow him to walk in front of the bus. He does not need any support than his reckless abuse of the American voter. He hastens judgement day with his own decision. If he shuts the country down in March, we will know for sure what he thinks about the voters and the people.
You misunderstand; I don't share your views or your thinking. All I was looking for was a source for your statements of fact, which is usually provided as a courtesy at the outset.

Debunker

The best thing about Fox is that most Americans don't watch it. For instance: At the height of his popularity, before he began to lose his audience, only about 1% of America tuned into Glenn Beck. Ninety-nine percent of Americans had something better to do with their time than being fed Beck's made up facts.

A trick of the liberal news media is apparent here. You say that Fox has made up facts but you don't point out which facts and how they are made up. Glenn Beck was criticized by CNN and George Soros this morning. They did the same thing you just did and accused Beck of making up the facts. Of course, everybody is supposed to say how bad Beck and Fox are. Soros or CNN did not challenge one fact of either Fox or Beck.

Glenn Beck begins his program by stating his positions. He then calls up on numerous sources of historical facts and data. He often shows you the data and always tells you where to find it. Then he offers his criticisms. Then he invites the opponent the opportunity to respond to his facts and to question his political views. In return, all he gets are broad statements that Beck makes up the facts but they challenge none of the facts or his ideas based on his facts. Of course, the public is supposed to believe what Soros and CNN say about Fox and all the pundits of Conservationism.

To blame the listeners of Fox of not thinking is liberal arrogance that they only tell the truth. But, the fact is that liberals are the masters at taking comments of Beck, Rush, Hannity, and others out of context every time these men reveal a shameful truth of the liberal media or a liberal politician. The article you suggest we read to support your blind criticism of Fox is a perfect example of how liberals like Soros and CNN twist the facts.

I did not read the entire article but the opening statement was enough to know the article was a liberal spin and you could see clearly the author knew he was lying and like a good Communist would do, he was proud of his lie. You could tell he justified his article because his lie would make a conservative look like the fake. That is the strategy of the liberalized mews media. Once the public becomes aware of this strategy, they will discount most things the media says about the honest people in the media.

Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

Indeed, a former Fox News employee who recently agreed to talk with Media Matters confirmed what critics have been saying for years about Murdoch’s cable channel. Namely, that Fox News is run as a purely partisan operation, virtually every news story is actively spun by the staff, its primary goal is to prop up Republicans and knock down Democrats, and that staffers at Fox News routinely operate without the slightest regard for fairness or fact checking.
"That stuff" was true. What was concocted is what was said about the stuff. The facts were so clear that people would not believe it was made up. Murdoch may have misspoken somewhat but he certainly was nos not making a declaratory statement about Fox. The article makes this clear by the fact it does not reveal its secret source and there is no legal reason for keeping its souse secret other than there was no source. The reader is not to question the ethics of the liberal reporter. Can anybody believe that "every news story" is spun by the staff? Liberals want you to blindly to think so. Whereas the article refers to the blindness of fact checking, the Arthur does not cite any specific facts he has checked as true or false. The article is simply more liberal propaganda, pure and simple.

Debunker

You guys talk about facts being made up, the above is a perfect example of how you guys make up facts. It is fact that Glenn Beck's audience has not left him. The Tea Party and Fox's new ratings are proof of that fact.Where did you find that 99% fact you spin? Which made up facts? Don't name them all. just a few will do. You led with your heart, now follow with your facts. if yo do have any.

gnomon

The story is primarily from the Washington Post, as opposed to the traditionally recognized right wing Washington Times, regarding Obama inserting himself into the debate in Wisconsin. To be more specific it is Organizing For America, or barackobama.com, that has inserted itself into the debate in Wisconsin and Obama has made statements in support of the unions.

But I got all this from the Washington Post. A couple of days ago when it happened.

How do I feel about a President inserting himself into a State debate. Hard to say. If I were POTUS I would probably be gladhanding every State representative pushing for legalization of medical marijuana and recreational marijuana use. But the actions of Organizing for America which operates for the DNC and not the White House, although it's sole purpose is to push the White House agenda, I find only a little disturbing at the moment.

In other words, I would be less concerned with Obama personally addressing the protestors for whatever reason than I am with a specifically partisan organization possibly mobilizing out of state resources to influence an intrastate issue much like what happened with Prop 8 in California.

I don't know much about the issue itself. Rumor has gone around that there is not a budget shortfall but the source for which that claim is founded also states that there is a budget shortfall for that State this year. Most likely some news pundits either lying or trying to score points for the team regarding that rumor. Looks more like Walker screwed himself into this position.

Debunker

The story is primarily from the Washington Post, as opposed to the traditionally recognized right wing Washington Times, regarding Obama inserting himself into the debate in Wisconsin. To be more specific it is Organizing For America, or barackobama.com, that has inserted itself into the debate in Wisconsin and Obama has made statements in support of the unions.

But I got all this from the Washington Post. A couple of days ago when it happened.

How do I feel about a President inserting himself into a State debate. Hard to say. If I were POTUS I would probably be gladhanding every State representative pushing for legalization of medical marijuana and recreational marijuana use. But the actions of Organizing for America which operates for the DNC and not the White House, although it's sole purpose is to push the White House agenda, I find only a little disturbing at the moment.

In other words, I would be less concerned with Obama personally addressing the protestors for whatever reason than I am with a specifically partisan organization possibly mobilizing out of state resources to influence an intrastate issue much like what happened with Prop 8 in California.

I don't know much about the issue itself. Rumor has gone around that there is not a budget shortfall but the source for which that claim is founded also states that there is a budget shortfall for that State this year. Most likely some news pundits either lying or trying to score points for the team regarding that rumor. Looks more like Walker screwed himself into this position.

Your response is reasonable. You do point out that your opinion is based on "runor" which we must credit to the union and state workers. For them to imply there is no budget shortage in complete nonsense considering the budget crunch that is rather universally true for all national, state, and local governments at this time.

My position, of course, is that Obama is taking sides with the union regardless of how unpatriotic that position is. Richard Trumpka certainly is not concerned concerned with budget shortfalls. Obama is going to go along with the union line regardless. His fight will next move to Ohio and other states that have rejected his spending in favor of the union and big business like GE. He is not against fat cats in big business but only against big business that objects to him and the union.

He is not working for the middle class unless the middle class is a union member. Obama is using his executive power to oppose the real middle class, the middle of the road voter. Why is he not beholden to the voter? The people spoke clearly in the last election and Gov. Walker is not trapped. He is carrying out the mandate of the people. The opponent of Walker and the people is Obama's union cronies. To the chagrin of liberals my main source of information is Fox News.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Your gripe is that the President of the United States had the temerity to comment on a state political issue? Just comment? Does that apply to all Presidents, and all states, or only ones you disagree with?

Debunker

Your gripe is that the President of the United States had the temerity to comment on a state political issue? Just comment? Does that apply to all Presidents, and all states, or only ones you disagree with?
He did not simply comment. He advocated the union and accused Gov. Walker of union bashing. He opposed the voted will of the people of Wisconsin and he did send and endorse DNC's response there. That is more than "just comment" and you know that is the truth, which you do conversantly leave out.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I did not read the entire article but the opening statement was enough to know the article was a liberal spin and you could see clearly the author knew he was lying and like a good Communist would do, he was proud of his lie. You could tell he justified his article because his lie would make a conservative look like the fake. That is the strategy of the liberalized mews media. Once the public becomes aware of this strategy, they will discount most things the media says about the honest people in the media.

I promise you this: I will not again pretend to myself that you are a serious person. You confess that you lack the necessary seriousness to actually read the sources you comment on. Jeebers, Debunker!