• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus son of God ?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm confused here, are you saying God the father and Mary had intercourse?
No, I'm not. The Bible and the Book of Mormon both state rather plainly that Mary was a virgin. Last I checked, that would have been impossible if she had had intercourse with someone. It's impossible for one person to have intercourse; it takes two.

You believe Mary was a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to Christ, don't you? You believe she was literally His mother, don't you? If the literal mother of Christ can conceive a child without intercourse, the literal father of Christ can cause that conception to take place without intercourse.

Sonic247

This part of verse is a human addition, it is written in brackets. It’s NOT part of bible’s script.

Even if it was hypotheticly the other verses still prove the deity and incarnation of Christ. Either the Bible is wrong or the Quran is, you can't believe both. If the Bible is true then Jesus is one with the father.

Popeyesays

Well, if Jesus is Great simply because He had no earthly father and that is the only reason to hold Him in awe, then one is glorifying the wrong man. I can name oner twice as great and twice as miraculous: Adam.

After all Adam had no earthly father just like Jesus -- Adam also had no earthly mother. He must be twice as worship worthy because of that.
Jesus is a man born of woman, without that simple fact the whole miracle of Christ is useless. If He was simply an adjunct of God, then none of the tests of Prophethood are important. he could not help but face all the temptation and be victorious, face the sin of the world and remain sinless. Face death and not die.

If He were God Himself, then His example is of no importance to the existence of Man. All the Manifestations of God share a station of existence. Each is also a unique station of existence. A TITLE distinguishes the Prophets of God One from the Other.
It's important that They be distinguishable. It is also important that we acknowledge Their Divine Unity.

To elevate ONE above the Others is not what we are supposed to do in a general sense.

They have more Stations than One. They are all the Same in one sense: Each is the Voice of God, and there is only One God. You can simply not distinguish between Them at all in this state of existence. One can call Them all by the same Name and not be wrong. They are Each unique in Their Own time and place, and physical body

All of the Manifestations of God had a Title, to illustrate Their unique station of Being. Son of God and SOn of Man are titles, They each bear seperately, but it is not wrong to refer to Moses as Jesus in this station of Existence--after all They are all the Same Being as well.

The sacrilege is to raise ONE to a higher level or station above another.

Each ONE possessed all the Knowledge of God, but They revealed that Knowledge only as God instructed Them to do.

Thus ALL are the source, all are the Son of God, all can even be considered GOD, I mean, we have no way of knowing the presence of God better than knowing and acknowledging the Manifestations of God of salvation

God bade Moses reveal to man what God chose for Him to reveal. It does not make Moses less important that He did not reveal some knowledge. It was the will of God that Jesus reveal the forgiveness of God in a unique way.

I have no right to judge the Revelation of ONE as more God-like than another. It would be a sin for me to do so. I am NOT a Manifestation of God and I can never understand that state of existence it is beyond my knowledge.

Regards,
Scott

benign6

“Son of God” was a metaphorical phrase in hebrew language. It was used to mention a person who was loved by God. In bible God has (as Ahmad Detat said) “sons by the tons”.

GEN 6:2 “That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
GEN 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
JOB 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God(angles) came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
JOB 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
JOB 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
JN(John) 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
ROM 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
ROM 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
PHIL 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
1JN( 1-John) 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1JN 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
========================================================
So the term son(s) of God was used for many pious person or creatures like angles who were close to God coz of their good deeds.

Some christians would argue that Jesus was the only “BEGOTTEN” son of God.
What do u mean by term “begotten” ??? Don’t u think it is an animal act (so to say) & is NOT befitting to majesty of God. [Quran:19:35]

& now even the word “BEGOTTEN” has been removed from some versions of bible saying that it was a fabrication.(by christian themselves).

Quran tells us that during life of Jesus all his aposels believed that he was prophet of God & it was after departure of Jesus that ppl lost track of Jesus’ true teachings.{Quran:5: verse# 116:117:118}

Bible:
JOHN 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

1) ASCEND not die.
2) So Father of Juses is also Father of others. So Jesus was NOT the only son !!!!!!

Actually this whole misconception is outcomecome of alterations done in original Bible(Injeel) given to Jesus(PBUH), as Quran tells us ppl wrote it themselves & say it is from God.(Quran:2:79) "Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. "

benign6

*the word "WORD" does NOT equals GOD. This simply means "Will" "Say" "order/message" "utterance" of God

*Wikipedia encyclopedia says:”Incorrect translation of the first verse of John plays a central role in supporting the doctrine of Jesus' divinity and the Trinity.” &"Early Christians who opposed the concept of Jesus as the Logos were known as alogoi."

Even birth of Yahya was a "WORD" of God.

Quran:3:39:"While he(Zakariya) was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "(Allah) doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a prophet,- of the (goodly) company of the righteous."

3:45:"Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings(good news) of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. "

4:171:"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."

love

tri-polar optimist
The works and miracles Christ performed witness to who He is. On one occasion the Jews were about to stone Christ and He gave witness to Himself and to the works and miracles he performed, saying: "Say ye of Him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him" (John 10:36-38)

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Are we trying to show that Jesus is son from a biblical stand point or a quranic stand point?

There will always be a disconnect. The quran repeatedly expresses that Isa (Jesus) ibn Maryum (Son of Mary). The quran is totally against Jesus being the "son" of Allah.

Most who read the bible, especially verse John 1:18 and 3:16, have come to accept the word monogenes as best rendered as (only begotten).... If this is true the rest of the scriptures where we see that word should be rendered as such but if you look closer this is not true.

Other verses don't render it as (begotten). It is rendered as (only).

Strong's Greek Lexicon support them all;
3439. monogenes mon-og-en-ace' from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:--only (begotten, child).

What we're going to wind up doing here is getting into words and what they mean. All I know is the whole subject maybe moot. There are so many different versions of the bible out there where the the translations are so different that one may not know which is the correct translation.

(example)
Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
qeon oudeiV ewraken pwpote o monogenhV uios o wn eiV ton kolpon tou patroV ekeinoV exhghsato

Alexandrian
qeon oudeiV ewraken pwpote monogenhV qeos o wn eiV ton kolpon tou patroV ekeinoV exhghsato

King James Version
1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Weymouth New Testament
1:18 No human eye has ever seen God: the only Son, who is in the Father's bosom--He has made Him known.

I guess it becomes a personal preference as to which one you except. Now I can certainly understand Muslims when they feel the scriptures have been tampered with. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I do wonder about the diffrent versions though.

But to answer the OP question. Yeshua/Isa is a son of God in the sense that all are his sons but what makes him different is the manner in which he was born into this world. He shares a oneness with God but he's not (one in the same)....

No, I'm not. The Bible and the Book of Mormon both state rather plainly that Mary was a virgin. Last I checked, that would have been impossible if she had had intercourse with someone. It's impossible for one person to have intercourse; it takes two.

You believe Mary was a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to Christ, don't you? You believe she was literally His mother, don't you? If the literal mother of Christ can conceive a child without intercourse, the literal father of Christ can cause that conception to take place without intercourse

Yes I do belive Mary was a virgin. I was just clarifying, your first post sounded to me like you were saying God and Mary had intercourse to make Jesus.

love

tri-polar optimist
It must have taken you sometime to come up with these "true or not" comparisons yet you give a summary to the "op question" which shows your ignorance of the Scripture.
The manner in which He was born was the same as any other flesh though His seed was not of man. He went through childhood, puberty, adolescence. He never walked by pain or suffering and not correct it. In His presence all who believed where safe. He promised not to leave us and His spirit that He sent is with us now.

JayHawes

Are we trying to show that Jesus is son from a biblical stand point or a quranic stand point?

There will always be a disconnect. The quran repeatedly expresses that Isa (Jesus) ibn Maryum (Son of Mary). The quran is totally against Jesus being the "son" of Allah.

Most who read the bible, especially verse John 1:18 and 3:16, have come to accept the word monogenes as best rendered as (only begotten).... If this is true the rest of the scriptures where we see that word should be rendered as such but if you look closer this is not true.

Other verses don't render it as (begotten). It is rendered as (only).

Strong's Greek Lexicon support them all;
3439. monogenes mon-og-en-ace' from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:--only (begotten, child).

What we're going to wind up doing here is getting into words and what they mean. All I know is the whole subject maybe moot. There are so many different versions of the bible out there where the the translations are so different that one may not know which is the correct translation.

(example)
Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
qeon oudeiV ewraken pwpote o monogenhV uios o wn eiV ton kolpon tou patroV ekeinoV exhghsato

Alexandrian
qeon oudeiV ewraken pwpote monogenhV qeos o wn eiV ton kolpon tou patroV ekeinoV exhghsato

King James Version
1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Weymouth New Testament
1:18 No human eye has ever seen God: the only Son, who is in the Father's bosom--He has made Him known.

I guess it becomes a personal preference as to which one you except. Now I can certainly understand Muslims when they feel the scriptures have been tampered with. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I do wonder about the diffrent versions though.

But to answer the OP question. Yeshua/Isa is a son of God in the sense that all are his sons but what makes him different is the manner in which he was born into this world. He shares a oneness with God but he's not (one in the same)....

Trouble arises when translating the greek: monogenhvß Monogenes (mon-og-en-ace'). The meaning:single of its kind, only
  1. used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents)
  2. used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God
The word begotten, has now become old english. Many people do not understand its meaning, therefore new translations seek to use more modern words. Since the meaning of Monogenes means ; single of its kind (special), they translate it as one and only, since Christ is unquie in his person.

Which one is the correct translation? That's not the right question to ask. What you should ask is, "Am i living the way God wants me to lvie accoding to his words?" Whatever version of the bible you use, you will get the same overall message. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died for you sins and mines. Why then do all these versions exist? Becuase they use different manuscripts for translation, they use different methods of translation. Some are word for word. Others are idea for idea. Others are phrase for phrase. These different methods arrive at the many different translations, all of it is meant to let the reader understand the bible more clearly, not to "proove" which is correct.

JayHawes

Yes I do belive Mary was a virgin. I was just clarifying, your first post sounded to me like you were saying God and Mary had intercourse to make Jesus.

Some mormon prophets teach that God has a physical body, flesh and bone. And that he had sex with Mary to concieve Jesus.

This is blind ignorance concerning the bible and even the Koran!
Mt 1:18Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Also read Chapter 19 of the Koran. Mohammed himself agrees that Mary was a virgin and conieved Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. Much more being Christian, we should beleive in the birth of Jesus being by the Holy Sprit. Not by a man-god, not by God in bodily form, but by the spirit as scripture says. Not as Mormons create it to be and say.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Bible:
JOHN 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

1) ASCEND not die.
Yes, because this happend after the Resurrection. Christ was Crucified, then Resurrected and later Ascended to Heaven. You seem to have a habit of picking up on words and interpreting them as favourble to your view and going 'Aha...' without ever stopping to find out what it means to a Christian. Even a cursory search on Google would have quickly informed you not only of this, but that the Ascension is actually a major Christian feast.
2) So Father of Juses is also Father of others. So Jesus was NOT the only son !!!!!!
Yes, but not i the same way. Just as if I adopted some children, I would be father to both them and my natural ones. You're really clutching at straws here.
Actually this whole misconception is outcomecome of alterations done in original Bible(Injeel) given to Jesus(PBUH), as Quran tells us ppl wrote it themselves & say it is from God.(Quran:2:79) "Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. "
If you really believe this then you should have evidence for this corruption you claim (and if you expect it to convince Christians it cannot be from the Quran). So far you've provided none. I must note, though, that Christ wrote nothing. He wasn't given a Bible of any kind. He is the subject of the Good News, which in Greek is Evangelion and in English, the Gospel. He was not its transmitter nor its author in the sense that Muhammad is with the Quran. In other words, the Gospels (there are 4) were written by others about Christ and its His Incarnation which constitutes the Good News. The usual Muslim claims bear no resemblance whatsoever to the actual history of the texts and Injeel is not the name of any text that has ever existed either. All it is is the attempt to render Evangelion into Arabic.

James

benign6

Yes, but not i the same way. Just as if I adopted some children, I would be father to both them and my natural ones. You're really clutching at straws here.

How can you prove rest of sone r like adopted sons. As i said in a post pious ppl loved by God & angels were referred to as "son" in hebrew ..... similarly Jesus was a beloved prophet of God that why he is referred in bible as "son"

benign6

How can you prove rest of sons r like adopted sons. As i said in a post pious ppl loved by God & angels were referred to as "son" in hebrew ..... similarly Jesus was a beloved prophet of God that why he is referred in bible as "son"

benign6

If you really believe this then you should have evidence for this corruption you claim (and if you expect it to convince Christians it cannot be from the Quran). So far you've provided none. I must note, though, that Christ wrote nothing. He wasn't given a Bible of any kind.
1st please tell me how to add multiple replies in one post single post. Thanks in advance.

2nd Jesus was given Injeel(bible) NOT in book form BUT as teachings of God.That whole set of teachings is called Bible. Even Muhammad DID NOT write anything himself, he used to dictate revealations to his companions & they wrote it down.
When we say BOOK we don't literally mean hard copy.

3rd many versions of bible itself prove that it's NOT in original shape.
Also RED-LETTER-BIBLE is another evidence.

benign6

*The word “WORD” which is translation of word”LOGOS” (logoz in Greek) is being mis-understood as describing Jesus.
*“Wikipedia Encyclopedia” says that this is incorrect translation of this word which plays a central role in supporting the doctrine of Jesus' divinity and the Trinity..
*No dictionary gives meaning of LOGOS as “God” or “Jesus”. What is written in dictionaries is that christians equate this word with Jesus.
*In Red-Letter-Bible where true words r written in RED ink, John 1:1-15 r NOT in red. So they r human additions & can be wrong. While one thing is said in RED ink; John:1:51 ”And he saith unto him,Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man”----------------------SON OF MAN.---------TRUE WORDS OF JESUS.
(Now don’t say this doesn’t refer to Jesus, because I have read explanations by christians trying to explain why Jesus was called son of man here.)

*Here are few examples from bible where logoz (LOGOS/”WORD”)is used, none of these indicate that it can be used to refer to God/Jesus, then WHY should we consider John1:1-15 declaring Jesus as son of God:-

HEB (hebrews) 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1PET 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

2SAM(samuel) 14:17 Then thine handmaid said, The word of my lord the king shall now be comfortable: for as an angel of God, so is my lord the king to discern good and bad: therefore the LORD thy God will be with thee.
(in easy english”Then your maidservant said, ‘Please let the word(order/decision) of my lord the king be comforting, because my lord the king discern good and evil like an angel of God. And may the LORD your God be with you.”------ you need to read full story to comprehend what’s being said.)

COL(colossians) 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

2TIM (timothy)2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

1KINGS 13:20 And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back:

1KINGS 16:1 Then the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,
IS(isaiah) 38:4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,
JER(Jeremiah) 1:2 To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.
JER 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
HOS 1:1 The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
LK 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
ACTS 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
1COR(corinthians) 14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
NUM 24:4 He hath said, which heard the words of God, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open:

Vassal

Funny how Muslim always argue about this and totally ignore the fact that the entire Old Testament is foreshadowing symbols and prophecies that a messiah would come to pay the penalty of sin for those who believe in him, and Jesus references many of these in what he says. Muslim deny this and claim they can be saved just by being a "good person". God's law requires you to do what is right, so how can you get extra credit for doing what you are required to do? When you sin even once you fail to do what you are required to do, and thus deserve punishment. You can't earn exemption from that punishment by doing merely what is required of you. You can only be saved by being forgiven, and forgiveness is only available through faith in Christ Jesus.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
i agree that Jesus was take to heavens BUT ALIVE. By feast u mean that some kind of celebrations r held on that day ???
We agree that He was alive also.He died, was Resurrected in the body, and later Ascended. He was alive without a doubt, but He had been dead prior to that.

How can you prove rest of sone r like adopted sons. As i said in a post pious ppl loved by God & angels were referred to as "son" in hebrew ..... similarly Jesus was a beloved prophet of God that why he is referred in bible as "son"
I'm not even going to try to prove it to you. You are trying to teach Christians what Christian Scripture means so the onus is on you to prove what you say. You explain why Christ is described as 'only begotten' (in actual fact the English translation is not perfect, the Greek is monogenes) Son of God, why Christ is uniquely referred to in this way and what monogenes actually means, and maybe I'll consider explaining to you why the Christian view is that we are all children of God by adoption but the Christ is truly the Son of God in a way that we never can be.

1st please tell me how to add multiple replies in one post single post. Thanks in advance.
Just put quote tags around the parts you wish to quote. If they're in different posts, you can just press the little plus at the bottom of each one before pressing the quote button on the last one.

2nd Jesus was given Injeel(bible) NOT in book form BUT as teachings of God.
No, Christ Jesus is the Evangelion (Good News), which is what you render as Injeel. Injeel is a corruption of the Greek word, nothing more.
That whole set of teachings is called Bible.
No it isn't. It's a collection of books, defined by the Church, as a record of God's revelation to mankind. Christ was not given any book, whether in written form or oral.
Even Muhammad DID NOT write anything himself, he used to dictate revealations to his companions & they wrote it down.
When we say BOOK we don't literally mean hard copy.
I know this (well, I don't believe it but I know that Muslims do) which is why I said that Christ did not transmit or author 'in the sense of Muhammad' the Gospel. That in the sense of Muhammad was meant to signify that His role in the creation of the New Testament is in no way similar to Muhammad's role in the creation of the Quran, not to imply that Muhammad invented the Quran (though I don't believe it was dictated to him by Gabriel, either).

3rd many versions of bible itself prove that it's NOT in original shape.
Also RED-LETTER-BIBLE is another evidence.
Do you mean many translations (because they will always vary) or many manuscript variants? If the latter then you are overplaying your hand, because the variants are actually incredibly insignificant considering the antiquity of the text and there are, despite Muslim claims to the contrary, similar variants in the early history of the Quran. If you mean the former, it's an irrelevance because translations are always imperfect.

*The word “WORD” which is translation of word”LOGOS” (logoz in Greek) is being mis-understood as describing Jesus.
*“Wikipedia Encyclopedia” says that this is incorrect translation of this word which plays a central role in supporting the doctrine of Jesus' divinity and the Trinity..
Firstly, don't trust everything you read at Wikipedia. Secondly, this is plain wrong and has almost certainly been submitted by a JW, given the use of the NWT. It is the NWT translation that is incorrect. If anyone knows the correct translation we ought to, after all, as Koine Greek is still used in worship in my Church. The scholarly credentials of the translators responsible for the NWT on the other hand are practically non-existent. It's actually incorrect translation that is used to support the idea that Christ is not God.
*No dictionary gives meaning of LOGOS as “God” or “Jesus”. What is written in dictionaries is that christians equate this word with Jesus.
And that's all any of us have ever said. Do you actually read my posts before reacting?
*In Red-Letter-Bible where true words r written in RED ink, John 1:1-15 r NOT in red. So they r human additions & can be wrong. While one thing is said in RED ink; John:1:51 ”And he saith unto him,Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man”----------------------SON OF MAN.---------TRUE WORDS OF JESUS.
The red letter Bible proves absolutely nothing. It is late conjecture and an attempt to identify words actually spoken by Christ, but that doesn't mean it's correct, and it certainly isn't any kind of an authority on the subject.
(Now don’t say this doesn’t refer to Jesus, because I have read explanations by christians trying to explain why Jesus was called son of man here.)
I wouldn't dream of it. You don't understand what it means though, just as you've amply demonstrated that you have no understanding of what Christians believe at all. Next thing I know you'll be tying to tell me that Mary is part of the Trinity!:eek:

*Here are few examples from bible where logoz (LOGOS/”WORD”)is used, none of these indicate that it can be used to refer to God/Jesus, then WHY should we consider John1:1-15 declaring Jesus as son of God:
You know how words taken out of context have different meanings? This is the case with all your Biblical verses. If you take Logos out of context and then look at all the other occurrences of it, you're bound to find that they don't all mean the same, because it does mean word and you yourself have admitted that that can have more than one meaning. In the context of John's Gospel, though, as I demonstrated only to clearly, it is quite obvious that Logos does refer to Christ, something you have yet to even attempt to directly refute. Try it if you think you have an argument, but please stop with the scrabble to pull as many red herrings as possible out of the bag. All you are achieving is showing me that your naivetee with regards to linguistics is the match to your ignorance of Christianity.

James

UnityNow101

Jesus did pray to the Father that the cup of sacrifice be taken from Him, if it was to be the Will of God...So Muslims believe that God listened to Jesus' request and raised Him to Heaven without physical death...Either way, Muslims and Christians agree that he ascended to Heaven alive physically.