• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warning Thanos is a left wing environmentalist.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not at all. It just means being open minded, and partnering with both parties.
We don't have to realign ourselves for this. I am very far Left on a Political Spectrum. Revoltingest is equally far Right as I am Left. We tend to agree more often than we disagree, and we're both very deep South on the Libertarian part of the Spectrum. And we're also neither Dem or Rep.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
My goal is to eliminate the right.. And to eliminate the left... So that all we'll have are U.S. citizens with an array of opinions.

Perhaps I could twist your arm into joining me, as being bi-political. :)

It's the best way to be. :)
Thought experiment.

Take a piece of string, examine the ends and the middle. Now cut off both ends. Examine the string again and see that he still has two ends and a middle. Cut the ends off again. Continue till you have a string that has no ends, only a middle.

Bear Wild

To be fair, his main goals is due to his fear of overpopulation and lacking resources. Which are environmentalist talking points.

Well there is more to this story. In his podcast which can be found referencing Curz and Thanos he brings up a case from the past it Texas and he totally misrepresented the information. In the year 2000 one of the professors modeling population and sustainability made a statement that the world population was reaching the point where it was growing beyond the carrying capacity of the Earth. He was only trying to make the public aware of the critical issue of unrestricted population growth and what would happen if the Earth could not sustain the population.

Religious groups in Texas and conservatives reacted then misrepresented the professor saying he was promoting abortion and governmental restrictions on families as well as long list of nasty things they called him. None of this was true; he was not advocating anything but for world to be aware of the consequences of overpopulation and consider what options could be taken. In this recent podcast Cruz again misrepresented what has been said making false claims that left wing environmental radicals are promoting government forced population reduction. Again Cruz uses the same false (fake) propaganda to create fear in the public just as Trump did so many times. Cruz got creative and used the fake movie character (originally comic character) to strike fear in the hearts of Americans.

Trump could separate his fantasy from reality so now Cruz appears to be having difficulty understanding that Thanos is not real.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
To be fair, his main goals is due to his fear of overpopulation and lacking resources. Which are environmentalist talking points.
They were also the talking points of early 19th century economists, late 19th century foreign policy experts, early 20th century right-wing extremists, and mid 20th century science fiction authors, among many others.

Overpopulation and scarcity of natural resources are not exactly uncommon leitmotifs in Western civilization's intellectual history.

tytlyf

Not Religious
My goal is to eliminate the right.. And to eliminate the left... So that all we'll have are U.S. citizens with an array of opinions.
The divide in the country is over party policy agenda.

Republicans support Corporate/Capitalist policy
Democrats support Middle class/American worker policy

Which begs the question, why would someone in the middle or lower classes support Capitalist/Corporate policies over Middle class/American worker policies?

Could it be that poor people voting corporate aren't aware of Republican policies?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Not at all. It just means being open minded, and partnering with both parties.

I think it would fit you perfectly. But that's just my opinion.
I get the impression there's already something of a division within the Dems as well as the Republicans?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The divide in the country is over party policy agenda.

Republicans support Corporate/Capitalist policy
Democrats support Middle class/American worker policy

Which begs the question, why would someone in the middle or lower classes support Capitalist/Corporate policies over Middle class/American worker policies?

Could it be that poor people voting corporate aren't aware of Republican policies?
Voting against your own interests is a popular pastime amongst so-called low information voters.