• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think silence speaks loudly as "go ahead and do it". My viewpoint I've had for a long time. Imam Mohamad Al-Jewad (a) (9th Imam) says:

"Three are partners, the oppressor, the supporter, and the one who watches by".

Bthoth

*banned*
I think people need to calm down about people who are remaining quiet about the war in the Middle East. It sickens and saddens most people whether who’s to blame. Everybody deals with it in their own way.
Blame is not the answer, addressing the issues at the core of the divide is what will end the divide.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think one who chooses a side and argues that side vehemently speaks "go ahead and do it" much more loudly than those of us that remain silent.
During Imam Ali (a) time and his war with Mauwiya, companions divided into three:

Supporters of Ali (a).
Supporters of Mauwiya.
Neutral (support neither).

At least, those silent don't support falsehood, but their confusion and silence is in a way an aid to the falsehood. It makes sounds like both are equal.

The consequences of not following truth has real consequences, People lives are lost. And on day of judgment, the people who follow caprice instead of truth will be accounted for it.

King Phenomenon

I think silence speaks loudly as "go ahead and do it". My viewpoint I've had for a long time. Imam Mohamad Al-Jewad (a) (9th Imam) says:

"Three are partners, the oppressor, the supporter, and the one who watches by".
Nah. Like I said people are sickened by war

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
They can be sickened, but not speaking out and acting is a message, as in "you can do it, I don't care enough to try to stop you".
What have you done, in your speaking out and acting, to stop the war? It doesn't appear to be working.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What have you done, in your speaking out and acting, to stop the war? It doesn't appear to be working.
Not enough as of now. I think one day I will write a lot of books to help humanity wake up to the truth. I'm writing books as of now. If I knew how I can contribute myself more, I would.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Not enough as of now. I think one day I will write a lot of books to help humanity wake up to the truth. I'm writing books as of now. If I knew how I can contribute myself more, I would.
Good plan. We can hand them out to Israel and Hamas and have them sit down and read. Or we can stack them really, really high between them so the projectiles can't go through.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good plan. We can hand them out to Israel and Hamas and have them sit down and read. Or we can stack them really really high between them so the projectiles can't go through.
You are asking what I can do. I have schizophrenia so I can't join an army to fight even if I wanted to.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I don't see what I can possibly do to bring about world peace

I am powerless and insignificant

There is nothing I can possibly do

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see what I can possibly do to bring about world peace

I am powerless and insignificant

There is nothing I can possibly do

(1) Build a toolset to reach truth regarding everything including conflicts.
(2) Seek the truth
(3) Seek to support the people on truth

This is basically what is needed minimally. Then what a person does to push the truth and disqualify the falsehood, and help God's cause whether he is a warrior or writer or just contributes money, he will be rewarded to the degree his intention is for God and the sacrifice of the worldly pleasures of falsehood will be compensated by God.

God's light needs to be supported. Not just lip service to the light and then attacking the true light - and it's people. Nor equating them with the evil people.

libre

Skylark
I think people need to calm down about people who are remaining quiet about the war in the Middle East. It sickens and saddens most people whether who’s to blame. Everybody deals with it in their own way.
I'm mixed on this.
I don't think individuals should be shamed or anything like that - everyone has their own stuff going on and we can't really judge.

But I do think it is right to encourage people to speak up about what is happening.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
(1) Build a toolset to reach truth regarding everything including conflicts.
(2) Seek the truth
(3) Seek to support the people on truth

This is basically what is needed minimally. Then what a person does to push the truth and disqualify the falsehood, and help God's cause whether he is a warrior or writer or just contributes money, he will be rewarded to the degree his intention is for God and the sacrifice of the worldly pleasures of falsehood will be compensated by God.

God's light needs to be supported. Not just lip service to the light and then attacking the true light - and it's people. Nor equating them with the evil people.
I don't get how any of that would help me bring about world peace

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't get how any of that would help me bring about world peace
God is the King, the Holy, source of peace, and safety giver on earth. If you put your trust on God, you will see how you can contribute to stabilizing earth as much as possible and reducing the power of the mischief makers and evil people of Satanic birth.

You don't realize it now, but the foremost thing is to testify to his catalyst of stabilizing and bring peace and safety on earth - the rope of God.