• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want A Robot Snake Crawling Around In Your Lungs?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ew.
Ew.
Ew!
This snakelike robot slithers down your lungs and could spot cancer
Excerpted...
Researchers in the United Kingdom have developed an autonomous, snakelike robot designed to slither down human lungs into places that are difficult for medical professionals to reach. The tool could improve the detection and treatment of lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases.

In a medical paper released in the journal of Soft Robotics last week, scientists from the University of Leeds unveiled a new “magnetic tentacle robot,” which is composed of magnetic discs and is roughly 2 millimeters thick — about double the size of a ballpoint pen tip — and less than a-tenth-of-an-inch long.

In the future, the robot’s use could be expanded to help doctors better, and more thoroughly, investigate other organs, such as the human heart, kidney or pancreas, they said.

“It’s creepy,” Pietro Valdastri, the project’s lead researcher and chair of robotics and autonomous systems at the University of Leeds, said in an interview. “But my goal … is to find a way to reach as deep as possible inside the human body in the least invasive way as possible.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Robots don't leave droppings.
They could be programmed to.
R.aea02aeafe4744946bb1d78b3765a497

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Ew.
Ew.
Ew!
Excerpted...
Researchers in the United Kingdom have developed an autonomous, snakelike robot designed to slither down human lungs into places that are difficult for medical professionals to reach. The tool could improve the detection and treatment of lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases.

In a medical paper released in the journal of Soft Robotics last week, scientists from the University of Leeds unveiled a new “magnetic tentacle robot,” which is composed of magnetic discs and is roughly 2 millimeters thick — about double the size of a ballpoint pen tip — and less than a-tenth-of-an-inch long.

In the future, the robot’s use could be expanded to help doctors better, and more thoroughly, investigate other organs, such as the human heart, kidney or pancreas, they said.

“It’s creepy,” Pietro Valdastri, the project’s lead researcher and chair of robotics and autonomous systems at the University of Leeds, said in an interview. “But my goal … is to find a way to reach as deep as possible inside the human body in the least invasive way as possible.”
Does it talk?

ciao

- viole

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Ew.
Ew.
Ew!
Excerpted...

What could possibly go wrong?:confused::mad:o_O:(:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Ew.
Ew.
Ew!
Excerpted...

I think when it sheds, it will be worth quite a bit of money. Make belts out of them?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
roughly 2 millimeters thick — about double the size of a ballpoint pen tip — and less than a-tenth-of-an-inch long.
Strange that they give the thickness in metric and the length in imperial. Doesn’t matter but it just seems strange to me.

I think they should also tell us the it weighs less than 0.0000003 of a stone.