• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna earn some money!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I need money...and really dont wanna work too much hard for that..
Well there's your problem! :D

If you're serious about making money, look at the businesses around you that might be willing to hire a part-time student like shops and restaurants. You mentioned that you're in university; what about jobs on campus? Most universities over here have all sorts of jobs for students: everything from cashier in the coffee shop to research assistant for a professor.

Also, if you're good at the subjects you study, you could start a sideline business as a tutor for lower-year students at your own school, or for secondary students.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well there's your problem! :D

If you're serious about making money, look at the businesses around you that might be willing to hire a part-time student like shops and restaurants. You mentioned that you're in university; what about jobs on campus? Most universities over here have all sorts of jobs for students: everything from cashier in the coffee shop to research assistant for a professor.

Also, if you're good at the subjects you study, you could start a sideline business as a tutor for lower-year students at your own school, or for secondary students.

True, the same thing happen in here, Malaysia, where i live. The easiest way to get a job is to work on campus.

Somkid

Everyone here goes to the work travel program in the USA when they need quick cash and skip the travel and just work. But, if your buying a pair of sunglasses for $160 in Egypt you should feel guilty about that not taking your Mother and Fathers money.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I would say concentrate on school and wait until you graduate to buy the things that you want. Students aren't supposed to have anything and everything that they want given to them. This is the time in your life where you should learn how to manage your scarcity and work off a limited budget. When you graduate and earn an income, then you can budget for the things that you want.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I'm having a job opportunity to teach Advanced Level physics for IGCSE students..

I'm actually considering taking the opportunity, but will have to wait for the next semister, that means after one month...I can wait!

I think it's nice to make money while doing the thing you love, and helping out some pathetic students!

I'm just scared of wasting more time with that, and leaving my college work for money!
BUDDY said:
I would say concentrate on school and wait until you graduate to buy the things that you want. Students aren't supposed to have anything and everything that they want given to them. This is the time in your life where you should learn how to manage your scarcity and work off a limited budget. When you graduate and earn an income, then you can budget for the things that you want.
Well, I could do that, but I'm actually in need for money to support some of my own projects in school, and to spend some for fun that I can't have now since I'm always run out of money!

If the teaching thing didn't go well, I will have to wait until I graduate and work as an engineer, hoping to earn 10,000$ per month :D

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Just to make myself clear...I don't love money that much guys :D

But this thread talks about me needing some money, so my voice might seem as If I'm in love with money and luxurious life!

Hope it's clear :D

kadzbiz

.... and helping out some pathetic students!...... and to spend some for fun that I can't have now since I'm always run out of money!...... hoping to earn 10,000$ per month .....I don't love money that much guys .....

I am have concerns with the way you have painted your situation and how you talk about "pathetic students". Nutshell & Seyorni posted beautifully. When one faces times in real need for money, then one should not be ashamed to admit it to ones parents and ask them for help if they are able. Fulfilling wants is another thing altogether. You will not perish without an MP3 player. When one struggles in life, one learns to appreciate more in life and one becomes humble. I love the old story that goes something like this - I walked barefoot and was envious when I saw a grumpy looking man walk by wearing fancy shoes until I saw a smiling child crawl by with no feet.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
This is totally ridiculous! I cannot believe this! This totally looks like bait to me. i think this person is role-playing the stereo-typical spoiled whiney college student just to tick someone off. I work two jobs and go to school full time. I do not have money period. I am lucky I have the money to "live." And my dad doesn't have much more than I do, and I have to use him for a crutch more than I'd like. If you are not willing to earn what you want... you don't deserve your wants. You are lucky you have what you need. Now stop trolling for broke ****** off college students! :mad: Be glad your not livin in a mud hut eatin desert lizards for dinner. If you keep up with all this wantin and no earnin you will overextend yourself financially and end up in that mud hut. Of course that is if you are even being serious...

nutshell

Just to make myself clear...I don't love money that much guys :D

But this thread talks about me needing some money, so my voice might seem as If I'm in love with money and luxurious life!

Hope it's clear :D

But that's the problem. You don't recognize the difference between needs and wants.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I gotta say I kinda feel offended from your posts guys!

Lets talk all this again:

nutshell said:
But that's the problem. You don't recognize the difference between needs and wants.
Actually, what I want is what I need

Saint Tigeress said:
This is totally ridiculous! I cannot believe this! This totally looks like bait to me. i think this person is role-playing the stereo-typical spoiled whiney college student just to tick someone off. I work two jobs and go to school full time. I do not have money period. I am lucky I have the money to "live." And my dad doesn't have much more than I do, and I have to use him for a crutch more than I'd like. If you are not willing to earn what you want... you don't deserve your wants. You are lucky you have what you need. Now stop trolling for broke ****** off college students! :mad: Be glad your not livin in a mud hut eatin desert lizards for dinner. If you keep up with all this wantin and no earnin you will overextend yourself financially and end up in that mud hut. Of course that is if you are even being serious...
Wow...you just went judging me!

I'm not that kind of a person who talks about what he does. But if you want to know why do I need those money, I will go on and give you a list:

1- I founded a non-profitable organization which works on personal development, and serves around 200 participant annually...I need fund for this organization, and we can't get enough from sponsors.

2- I'm a member in a scientific society in my college, and we need fund for our scientific programs and projects. And of course the faculty administration is unable to provide such a fund...

3- I'm a member in a charitable organization in Egypt, and we need to much money for supporting our activities, which we currently don't have, and we can't depend on donations anymore.

4- I'm writing books, and I'm considering publishing some in the next few years, and of course I need fund for that

5- After graduation (after one year), some friends and I are going to establish our own bussines, and we need to save money from now to have a good capital when we start.

6- I'm living with grandma, since my parents are living in another country...My parents can't support me with the money I used to get in the past, and my grandma is "just" living!...And I need money to help her at least by funding my own stuff...

When I mentioned I need money to buy a pair of sunglasses, I didn't mean I'm IN NEED for luxurious live, but I ment, I feel guilty asking my parents or my grandma to fund what I need for entertaining..

You didn't consider that a teenager like me needs some fun, that he can't get just because he doesn't wanna be a load on anyone...

I got offended because you rushed the judgment before even knowing me!

Sorry for the long post!

kadzbiz said:
I am have concerns with the way you have painted your situation and how you talk about "pathetic students".
I didnt get why did you bracket "pathetic students"?
Well, the one I'm going to teach are really in need for someone to help, and I see no harm in helping them, then get paid from the school after then!

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I gotta say I kinda feel offended from your posts guys!
I am really sorry for the part I played in that. It was a bad moment and I should have just ignored it. The mad soap-box in me came out. I apologize.

Actually, what I want is what I need
Sometimes... but when you are poor it has to boil down to one or the other. A clear distinction must be made if you are going to manage anything at all.

Wow...you just went judging me!

I'm not that kind of a person who talks about what he does. But if you want to know why do I need those money, I will go on and give you a list:

1- I founded a non-profitable organization which works on personal development, and serves around 200 participant annually...I need fund for this organization, and we can't get enough from sponsors.

2- I'm a member in a scientific society in my college, and we need fund for our scientific programs and projects. And of course the faculty administration is unable to provide such a fund...

3- I'm a member in a charitable organization in Egypt, and we need to much money for supporting our activities, which we currently don't have, and we can't depend on donations anymore.

4- I'm writing books, and I'm considering publishing some in the next few years, and of course I need fund for that

5- After graduation (after one year), some friends and I are going to establish our own bussines, and we need to save money from now to have a good capital when we start.

6- I'm living with grandma, since my parents are living in another country...My parents can't support me with the money I used to get in the past, and my grandma is "just" living!...And I need money to help her at least by funding my own stuff...

When I mentioned I need money to buy a pair of sunglasses, I didn't mean I'm IN NEED for luxurious live, but I ment, I feel guilty asking my parents or my grandma to fund what I need for entertaining..

I wasn't judging you. I was responding directly to what you said about your financial situation and your own personal wants and needs. I never said you were not a good person. All I can say is I'm sorry for getting mean there. The thing is... everyone else was telling you the same thing I did. I was just more mean about it. Your reasons for needing money, I'm sorry to say do not matter. They could be charitable or they could be materialistic. You are still not going to get money handed to you without working for it. The easiest way I see now that you have elaborated might be to work at your funding and sponsorships. You already have some... get some more. You can't just sit around and wait for them.
You didn't consider that a teenager like me needs some fun, that he can't get just because he doesn't wanna be a load on anyone...
Sometimes you have to sacrifice to get the things you "want and need." If you are smart enough to have done all those things and such... you should have figured that out by now. Most people have to learn it the hard way.
This is my favorite bumper sticker ever:
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off." :p

Don't think I'm regressing... I'm sorry I was mean and you thought I was judging you. I don't think you are a bad person. Maybe a little whiny and spoiled, but that doesn't make you a bad person. I'm gonna leave ya alone now.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I wasn't judging you. I was responding directly to what you said about your financial situation and your own personal wants and needs. I never said you were not a good person. All I can say is I'm sorry for getting mean there. The thing is... everyone else was telling you the same thing I did. I was just more mean about it. Your reasons for needing money, I'm sorry to say do not matter. They could be charitable or they could be materialistic. You are still not going to get money handed to you without working for it. The easiest way I see now that you have elaborated might be to work at your funding and sponsorships. You already have some... get some more. You can't just sit around and wait for them.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice to get the things you "want and need." If you are smart enough to have done all those things and such... you should have figured that out by now. Most people have to learn it the hard way.
This is my favorite bumper sticker ever:
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off." :p

Don't think I'm regressing... I'm sorry I was mean and you thought I was judging you. I don't think you are a bad person. Maybe a little whiny and spoiled, but that doesn't make you a bad person. I'm gonna leave ya alone now.
Thanks alot for your nice post :)

Well, as a matter of fact, I do feel like wanting money without working for it :D

But that's just because I've got too much in my life, and I'm afraid introducing a career into it would force me to drop another thing...

It's all about balancing I guess :)

Thanks again (And yeah I'm kinda spoiled, but thank God, I try hardely not to be a load on anyone:eek:)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I just thought of this. Check out mystery shopping in Egypt. I don't know if they do that over there, but I have done it here before and it works if you make sure you validate the company. Here is the main site I use that is a data base for all the companies. They charge you a one time $25.00 fee for using it though. So I'm going to post a few of the links to the companies too. Don't register.
Get Paid to Shop Until You Drop!

Most just do shops in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
Here's the few I could find that might do Egypt... I dunno though.

TNS - Market Research, Information & Business Insight Services

Mystery Shopping, Customer Service Evaluation, Customer Experience Management, Secret Shopper - GAPbuster Worldwide

Those two are the biggest. But I'm still not sure if they go as far as Egypt. You'd ahev to check out their websites. Look in Egypt for something similar. Those pay through paypal. It's pretty cool and super easy. Not a lot of money, but the little extra you need when you're broke.

kadzbiz

....Actually, what I want is what I need.............I didnt get why did you bracket "pathetic students"?........

You "need" an mp3 player? You "need" a $160 pair of sunglasses? What I put in parenthesis is what you have quoted. You called them "pathetic students". I was quoting you. Perhaps it's just your English. :)

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Thanks alot Saint Tigress for the suggestion :)
kadzbiz said:
You "need" an mp3 player? You "need" a $160 pair of sunglasses? What I put in parenthesis is what you have quoted. You called them "pathetic students". I was quoting you. Perhaps it's just your English. :)
Aha...I got ya :D

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Hey everybody...I wanna introduce my problem to you, so that to recieve your comments

Well, I'm a student...And my parents are responsible for funding me..

My problem is that I need too many stuff sometimes, and I feel guilt from asking my parents to pay for them...Say for example, I wanna change my Mp3 player that I have been using for just a year..And I wanna get a new one..
They won't understand why would I need to change it...and furthure more, it's not of their concern..

another example...I wanna buy a new sunglasses that costs 160$....Also I feel guilty to ask them getting it for me!

Now, I thought of having a small job to fund my own stuff...I had ideas like writing articles for magazines, but I knew that this must be volunteering...People dont pay for that

Another idea I had is to work as a typist in a computer center...But they needed a committed applicant...

Commitment doesn't suit me, since I'm a university student...And I have lots of other things to do

What do you think I can do?
Looks like you're screwed.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What I see here is not uncommon. Younger people feel that they have a right to be entertained. They also believe that life should be fun most of the time. They have peer pressure to have the latest phone or MP3 player or they might impress the ladies with an expensive pair of sun glasses.

It really never ends. We expect to drive nice cars, live in nice houses, take expensive vacations and have all the latest electronics.

I'm no different, I want a bigger house boat and a faster runabout for the lake. My boat is only 3 years old and has a V8 engine, but I want something smoother and much faster. I like to entertain and need more guest bedrooms in my house boat.

The difference between us is age and the realization that I cannot always have what I want unless I figure out a way to make more money. If I do figure out a way to get what I want, I probably won't have much time to enjoy my new toys. Life is a trade off. It never really gets much easier until you learn to be satisfied with what you have or work real hard for what you want.

I'm sorry I am not much help. I hope you figure it out. Peace be with you.

kadzbiz

Aha...I got ya :D

I don't understand. How are you getting me? Are you saying now that your whole thread is a rouse and that you thought by my post that I had somehow fallen into your trap of thinking that you were a poor kid with needs? Or you just didn't know how to respond to my comment?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
What I see here is not uncommon. Younger people feel that they have a right to be entertained. They also believe that life should be fun most of the time. They have peer pressure to have the latest phone or MP3 player or they might impress the ladies with an expensive pair of sun glasses.

It really never ends. We expect to drive nice cars, live in nice houses, take expensive vacations and have all the latest electronics.

I'm no different, I want a bigger house boat and a faster runabout for the lake. My boat is only 3 years old and has a V8 engine, but I want something smoother and much faster. I like to entertain and need more guest bedrooms in my house boat.

The difference between us is age and the realization that I cannot always have what I want unless I figure out a way to make more money. If I do figure out a way to get what I want, I probably won't have much time to enjoy my new toys. Life is a trade off. It never really gets much easier until you learn to be satisfied with what you have or work real hard for what you want.

I'm sorry I am not much help. I hope you figure it out. Peace be with you.
Actually your post was nice and helped....Currently I'm re-thinking all this issue again, and setting periorities..
kadzbiz said:
I don't understand. How are you getting me? Are you saying now that your whole thread is a rouse and that you thought by my post that I had somehow fallen into your trap of thinking that you were a poor kid with needs? Or you just didn't know how to respond to my comment?
No, I just missunderstood your first post from the beginning, but now I got it, thats it!

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
As long as he doesn't bomb out on his education, that will make it easier once he is done with school. That is the secret to getting your wants and such without breaking your back. You have to break your back and set your butt on fire to get through college with good grades, being poor while you do it. If you can make it through that... you are good to go for the most part.
At least that is what I'm hoping:rolleyes: