• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wandering Babaji

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Namaste!

An interesting thing happened to me today. I had just returned to my car and was getting ready to drive to the train station when a gentleman in a turban knocked on the windows. I look up and he smiles down at me.

What follows is half an hour of talking; he tell I have a fiery tongue; my tongue is where my money is, he says. There were other things but I'll keep quiet about them.

It was all very surreal. Whoever thought I'd meet a wandering baba here in Melbourne, Australia, just wandering around the parking lot of the pharmacy! I certainly didn't.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not think I like that. Could be dangerous for other people, could be dangerous for the Baba himself. These things are better done in India.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
While I do not doubt you are right, @Aupmanyav ji, there was a certain aura around him that belied a certain truth. And if I gave him $20 because I thought it was for a good thing than it is the thought behind the action that counts and not the action itself.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You did. That will surely be credited to your merits account. But again, not something which I like. Not something that most Australians will like. He may get into trouble with other people. If he was able-bodied, I am sure there are so many other things that he can do in Australia.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
You did. That will surely be credited to your merits account. But again, not something which I like. Not something that most Australians will like. He may get into trouble with other people. If he was able-bodied, I am sure there are so many other things that he can do in Australia.

He was not forceful with his questions. It was simply a question he asked that I could have declined. It was a lovely conversation.

ajay0

Namaste!

An interesting thing happened to me today. I had just returned to my car and was getting ready to drive to the train station when a gentleman in a turban knocked on the windows. I look up and he smiles down at me.

What follows is half an hour of talking; he tell I have a fiery tongue; my tongue is where my money is, he says. There were other things but I'll keep quiet about them.

It was all very surreal. Whoever thought I'd meet a wandering baba here in Melbourne, Australia, just wandering around the parking lot of the pharmacy! I certainly didn't.

Wow ! Didn't knew that even the Sadhu Baba's were also migrating to Australia !:D

ajay0

A friend of mine once went to Osho's ashram in Pune. However he was not able to afford the high fee charges to enter the place.

After thinking for some time, he hit upon a plan. He put a cloth on the ground and started referring to himself as a palmist.

He did have some knowledge of palmistry and working knowledge of english. He went through the palms of a few foreign tourists over there till he got enough money to enter the ashram.

Perhaps the sadhu in Australia was also in need of some money himself.

Shantanu

Namaste!

Was he being complementary by saying you have a fiery tongue. What an observation at first glance.