• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walk Like An Egyptian

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Did you ever wonder why...

Joseph brother's didn't notice a strange-looking-Egyptian Joseph, who looked a lot like them?
They didn't need an interpreter between Egyptian and Israelite, or Israelite and Philistine?
Their language changed when they were in Babylon, but not when they were in Egypt?
The letters from Cadmus were called the Pelasgian letters by Herodotus?
Fragments of Greek were found in Tel-El-Yahudeh and Gaza?
Pelasgian Cretans look like Grecian urn paintings?
The Priest-King of Crete looked Egyptian?

Esaias 19:16 "But in that day the Egyptians shall be as women, in fear and in trembling because of the hand of the Lord of hosts, which he shall bring upon them. 17 And the land of the Jews shall be for a terror to the Egyptians: whosoever shall name it to them, they shall fear, because of the counsel which the Lord of hosts has purposed concerning it. 18 In that day there shall be five cities in Egypt speaking the language of Chanaan, and swearing by the name of the Lord of hosts; one city shall be called the city of Asedec. 19 In that day there shall be an altar to the Lord in the land of the Egyptians, and a pillar to the Lord by its border. 20 And it shall be for a sign to the Lord for ever in the land of Egypt: for they shall presently cry to the Lord by reason of them that afflict them, and he shall send them a man who shall save them; he shall judge and save them. 21 And the Lord shall be known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know the Lord in that day; and they shall offer sacrifices, and shall vow vows to the Lord, and pay them. 22 And the Lord shall smite the Egyptians with a stroke, and shall completely heal them: and they shall return to the Lord, and he shall hear them, and thoroughly heal them. 23 In that day there shall be a way from Egypt to the Assyrians, and the Assyrians shall enter into Egypt, and the Egyptians shall go to the Assyrians, and the Egyptians shall serve the Assyrians. 24 In that day shall Israel be third with the Egyptians and the Assyrians, blessed in the land which the Lord of hosts has blessed, 25 saying, Blessed be my people that is in Egypt, and that is among the Assyrians, and Israel mine inheritance."

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you intending to debate something or just float around like a mist and blowing kisses?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did you ever wonder why...

Joseph brother's didn't notice a strange-looking-Egyptian Joseph, who looked a lot like them?
They didn't need an interpreter between Egyptian and Israelite, or Israelite and Philistine?
Their language changed when they were in Babylon, but not when they were in Egypt?
The letters from Cadmus were called Pelasgian letters by Herodotus?

No :)

That answered the question.

Regards Tony

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
(shrug) For the rest of you, then...

"They clearly state that the first “Greeks” were Egyptians, who had colonised the Greek isles and mainland. Diodorus Siculus wrote that Kekrops originated from Egypt and founded Athens as a colony of the Egyptian town of Sais."
Egypt: origin of the Greek culture - Eye Of The Psychic

"As for the Athenians, in the time when the Pelasgians occupied that which is now called Hellas, they were Pelasgians, being named Cranaoi, and in the time of king Kecrops they came to be called Kecropidai; then when Erechtheus had succeeded to his power, they had their name changed to Athenians; and after Ion the son of Xuthos became commander of the Athenians, they got the name from him of Ionians."--Herodotus

"In view of the similarity existing between Cretan and Egyptian bull-worship it is to be noted that the queens of Egypt were sometimes buried in cow-shaped sarcophagi, being thus made one with Hathor the cow-goddess. Herodotos, for example, describes how Mykerinos (Men-kau-Rd), a king of the fourth dynasty, when his daughter, an only child, died, buried her in a hollow wooden cow. This cow stood, or rather knelt, in a decorated chamber of the royal palace at Sais, its head and neck thickly plated with gold, and the rest of its body covered with
a scarlet cloak."--Cook, Zeus: God of the Bright Sky, v1

https://www.bible-history.com/maps/romanempire/Sais.html

"Thereupon, one of the priests, who was of very great age; said, 'O Solon, Solon, you Hellenes are but children, and there is never an old man who is an Hellene.' Solon, hearing this, said, 'What do you mean?' 'I mean to say,' he replied, 'that in mind you are all young; there is no old opinion handed down among you by ancient tradition, nor any science which is hoary with age. And I will tell you the reason of this: there have been, and there will be again, many destructions of mankind arising out of many causes. There is a story which even you have preserved, that once upon a time Phaethon, the son of Helios, having yoked the steeds in his father's chariot, because he was not able to drive them in the path of his father, burnt up all that was upon the earth, and was himself destroyed by a thunderbolt. Now, this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving around the earth and in the heavens, and a great conflagration of things upon the earth recurring at long intervals of time: when this happens, those who live upon the mountains and in dry and lofty places are more liable to destruction than those who dwell by rivers or on the sea-shore; and from this calamity the Nile, who is our never-failing savior, saves and delivers us. When, on the other hand, the gods purge the earth with a deluge of water, among you herdsmen and shepherds on the mountains are the survivors, whereas those of you who live in cities are carried by the rivers into the sea; but in this country neither at that time nor at any other does the water come from above on the fields, having always a tendency to come up from below, for which reason the things preserved here are said to be the oldest."--Donnelly, Atlantis

"Yahuda has scientifically proven that both Hebrew and Arabic are Greek in their origin, as is true with the other languages of the world. It is to be regretted that the speakers of this distorted Greek dialect do not take advantage of this, so as to elevate themselves to free and Christ-loving Greeks, as their compatriot Yahuda has done. Many of them prefer to live in the dark; It is a fact to be pitied that some are fanatics who hate everything Greek, especially her history and her language. In the past, many such men appeared in the Roman State as politicians, academics or administrators in the public sector, and fought against everything that was Greek. Nowadays, such men cooperate with the global powers that are propelling the world toward destruction."
Hebrew is Greek

Esaias 19:24 "In that day shall Israel be third with the Egyptians and the Assyrians, blessed in the land which the Lord of hosts has blessed, 25 saying, Blessed be My people that is in Egypt, and that is among the Assyrians, and Israel Mine inheritance."

Chronology, for who's who: When Genesis was written, Rhodes hadn't yet errupted into existence, according to Pliny and Bochart. Which explains why and where newer information was added by later scribes. The Coming of the Greeks was right around the time of the Trojan War... before that, the Greeks were Pelasgians... and apparently came from Egypt by way of Crete.

Jesus says He came only unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. But Jesus never said where they were living at the time. He sent His 11 to the Gentiles/Nations to teach others what Jesus had taught to them. One Tribe ID became trickier, given migrations... but the message is that which Jesus spoke: One Shepherd, teaching the flock at hand--the 11--to teach the Other Sheep. And His sheep do hear His voice, and will follow no other (John 10).

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

The letters from Cadmus were called the Pelasgian letters by Herodotus?
Puberty and make-up can change a man.

Wouldn't royal courts have translators/interpreters?

How do you know it didn't? We don't have records to verify.

What?

"They clearly state that the first “Greeks” were Egyptians, who had colonised the Greek isles and mainland.
What do the DNA tests say?

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
1. Joseph brother's didn't notice a strange-looking-Egyptian Joseph, who looked a lot like them?
2. They didn't need an interpreter between Egyptian and Israelite, or Israelite and Philistine?
3. Their language changed when they were in Babylon, but not when they were in Egypt?
4. The letters from Cadmus were called the Pelasgian letters by Herodotus?
5. Fragments of Greek were found in Tel-El-Yahudeh and Gaza?
6. Pelasgian Cretans look like Grecian urn paintings?
7. The Priest-King of Crete looked Egyptian?
8. They clearly state that the first “Greeks” were Egyptians, who had colonised the Greek isles and mainland.

1. Puberty and make-up can change a man.
2. Wouldn't royal courts have translators/interpreters?
3. How do you know it didn't? We don't have records to verify.
4. 5. What?
6. 7. 8. What do the DNA tests say?
7 questions, 5 answers.
I've added numbers to both mine and yours... am I right?

1. Beni-Hassan shows what Asians looked like... not like Egyptians... but like Hitto-Syrians of Petrie's temple pics.
2. Were the Israelites speaking Aramite at the time, or Akkad-Assyrian? Do we even know THAT?
3. If the language changed in Egypt... were the 10 commandments written in Egypto-Pelasgic?
4. Look it up if you care... you probably don't.
5. Greeks in Palestine and the Delta, archaeology.
6. 7. DNA is what they consider the modern-day people to be, against where they thought the ancestors of those modern-day people used to live, right? What could they do if they never had the right information about who lived where? As with language, they go somewhere, and call the tablets they find by what they went to find. In Hittite land, what they had called Hittite turned out to belong to a different people from a different time.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yahuda has scientifically proven that both Hebrew and Arabic are Greek in their origin, as is true with the other languages of the world.

EFCEBA8D-CF80-4574-8E52-28FBD2C1EE44.gif

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That book isn't even close to the only one that says Greek is the basis.
Some say that Welsh doesn't fit into Sanscrit language parameters, either.

Greek, Welsh, Sanskrit and a host of others are Indo-European. Arabic and Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian, Phoenician, Aramaic, and a host of others are Afro-Asiatic. There is no, and I repeat NO demonstrable relationship or connection between the two language families. To say there is, is wishful thinking.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Greek, Welsh, Sanskrit and a host of others are Indo-European.

Then the world is covered with Persian Elamites... making antishem rather a huge joke, actually.
As well as the whole Indo false flag thing... since it's not India that showed up as barbarians flooding Europe... but we do see Persians all over Anatolia...

Either that, or I'm sticking with my out-of-Egypt theory. :cool:

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Then the world is covered with Persian Elamites... making antishem rather a huge joke, actually.
As well as the whole Indo false flag thing... since it's not India that showed up as barbarians flooding Europe... but
we do see Persians all over Anatolia...

Either that, or I'm sticking with my out-of-Egypt theory. :cool:

Step away from comparative and historical linguistics. Ferdinand de Saussure and Sir William Jones are spinning in their graves.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Ferdinand de Saussure and Sir William Jones are spinning in their graves.

And now they'll spin like twin tops?

Fact check: India wasn't the first place Sanskrit was recorded – it was Syria

"The Mitannis spoke a language called Hurrian, unrelated to Sanskrit. However, each and every Mitanni king had a Sanskrit name and so did many of the local elites. ...
"This is a striking fact. As David Anthony points out in his book, The Horse, the Wheel, and Language, this means that not only did Rigvedic Sanskrit predate the compilation of the Rig Veda in northwestern India but even the “central religious pantheon and moral beliefs enshrined in the Rig Veda existed equally early”. ...
"Unfortunately, while their language, religion and culture is celebrated, the history of the Indo-European people who brought Sanskrit into the subcontinent is sought to be erased at the altar of cultural nationalism."

Think Indo-European needs to be changed into Mitanni-European? :cool:

Language apart from Archaeology doesn't really work.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Think Indo-European needs to be changed into Mitanni-European? :cool:

Language apart from Archaeology doesn't really work.

No. The name Indo-European refers to a language continuum stretching from western Europe to south Asia, i.e. India. Hurrian is an ergative and agglutinative langauge, Sanskrit (Vedic and Classical) are nominative–accusative languages. Hurrian and Sanskrit work completely differently. Just because languages share features, names, words and other parts of speech does not mean they are related. Languages borrow and share these things, especially when in close geographical proximity, or along trade routes. Spanish and Arabic are in no way related, but due to such close contact in the Middle Ages, Spanish has adopted many Arabic words.

Loanwords.
Sprachbund.

Wanting something to be doesn't make it so.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Fact check: India wasn't the first place Sanskrit was recorded – it was Syria

"The Mitannis spoke a language called Hurrian, unrelated to Sanskrit. However, each and every Mitanni king had a Sanskrit name and so did many of the local elites. ...
"This is a striking fact. As David Anthony points out in his book, The Horse, the Wheel, and Language, this means that not only did Rigvedic Sanskrit predate the compilation of the Rig Veda in northwestern India but even the “central religious pantheon and moral beliefs enshrined in the Rig Veda existed equally early”. ...
"Unfortunately, while their language, religion and culture is celebrated, the history of the Indo-European people who brought Sanskrit into the subcontinent is sought to be erased at the altar of cultural nationalism."

You didn't read it very carefully, did you.

Hurrian is an ergative and agglutinative langauge, Sanskrit (Vedic and Classical) are nominative–accusative languages. Hurrian and Sanskrit work completely differently.

The point is that you guys borrowed it from people living in Syria... not the other way around.
Indo-something is a misnomer... as often happens when scholarship gets involved.
What came first: the Sanscrit king names, or those name-owners speaking Hurrian?

I'm interested in the truth. Not necessarily what the teachers got together and decided amongst themselves. I'm no more interested in whom the actors have given their idols.
But you are correct, re: wanting to make it so.
Because language doesn't get from point A to point B via feathers on the wind... people brought it. And I just don't see hordes of Indians descending upon European populations. Seriously.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You didn't read it very carefully, did you.

The point is that you guys borrowed it from people living in Syria... not the other way around.
Indo-something is a misnomer... as often happens when scholarship gets involved.
What came first: the Sanscrit king names, or those name-owners speaking Hurrian?
I'm interested in the truth. Not necessarily what the teachers got together and decided amongst themselves. I'm no more interested in whom the actors have given their idols.
But you are correct, re: wanting to make it so. Because language doesn't get from point A to point B via feathers on the wind... people brought it. And I just don't see hordes of Indians descending upon European populations. Seriously.

Stop. Seriously.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
No. The name Indo-European refers to a language continuum stretching from western Europe to south Asia, i.e. India.

Jezekiel 16:3 "Thus saith the Lord to Jerusalem; Thy root and thy birth are of the land of Chanaan: thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother a Chettite."

Genesis 15:16 "And in the fourth generation they shall return hither, for the sins of the Amorites are not yet filled up"-- they being Abram's people.

So then, why is Amoritic a so-called Semitic language? What language did Abram speak? ... And why is Jehu of Bit-Omri wearing the Phrygian cap?

http://etc.ancient.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/DSC_0669-1024x680.jpg

"Although few structures survive today, an example of an Urartu temple can be seen in a relief in the palace of the Assyrian king Sargon. The relief shows the temple of Haldi at Ardini before it was sacked by the Assyrians in 714 BCE. The building has a hexastyle portico (six-columned facade) and triangular pediment, shields hang from the exterior walls and a great urn stands either side of the entrance."
Hurrians › Urartu Civilization » Ancient origins

The relief shows Armenian-temple defenders wearing the Phrygian cap.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/wp-content/uploads/sargon-relief-ardini.jpg

Several people have said that the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle made no mistake, that the Britons came from Armenia... Armorica happened much later.

Had I to guess, from the Egyptian Monuments, I'd say that the Amorites are Nordic, by facial structure, height, and hair color. And that the Hitto-Phrygians are what people name them... related to Peloponnesian-Pelasgians. In fact, the Phrygians seem also to be related to the Thracians.

Some say that the Irish came from India, though... some even say they're Phoenicians... does that name ever show up in the OT? I can't find it. They came from your neck of the woods, aryan. But some people seem to be confused about what the Phoenicians looked like... even with pictures of Hannibal pasted all over the web. That picture bears an uncanny resemblance to "the dying Gaul", so maybe some people are right. As for the IE language, it is pasted over the original occupants of Europe... who were either Basque or Finnish... speaking the same type of language we hear from the Hurrians, the Sumerians, etc.

Seriously. The indigenous people of the countries invaded by IE still exist... the largest population was always non-IE in Europe. And it still remains.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
So then, why is Amoritic a so-called Semitic language? What language did Abram speak? ... And why is Jehu of Bit-Omri wearing the Phrygian cap?

Several people have said that the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle made no mistake, that the Britons came from Armenia... Armorica happened much later.

Had I to guess, from the Egyptian Monuments, I'd say that the Amorites are Nordic, by facial structure, height, and hair color. And that the Hitto-Phrygians are what people name them... related to Peloponnesian-Pelasgians. In fact, the Phrygians seem also to be related to the Thracians.

Well, your guess would be wrong. Amorites - Wikipedia

Btw, my guess would be that Abra(ha)m spoke Sumerian, considering that Ur was in southern Iraq, and the Ur that Abram was born in was probably the Sumerian Ur . But I wasn't there.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Well, your guess would be wrong. Amorites - Wikipedia

Btw, my guess would be that Abra(ha)m spoke Sumerian, considering that Ur was in southern Iraq, and the Ur that Abram was born in was probably the Sumerian Ur.

Wikipedia doesn't seem to have read
what Archaeologists say about Amorites

"There was a sharp contrast between the Hamitic Amorites and the Hebrew Amurru,* Professor Sayce says that;

the 'Amorites' (the Hebrew Amurru) of Palestine were tall, handsome people, with white skins, blue eyes and reddish hair, having the characteristics of the white race.
His quotes support from Sir Flinders Petrie to the effect that they were fair-haired 'long-headed' people. Professor Sayce states that;

captives taken by Shishak of Egypt, at the time of Rehoboam, from Israelite cities, are depicted on the walls of the temple of Karnak. They are 'Amoritic' as opposed to the so-called 'Jewish' type."
Amorites - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

And you don't seem to know that
Babylon had Sumerians and Akkadians

Sumerian language - Wikipedia
Akkadian language - Wikipedia

To imply that someone who sees the evidence of white races* living in Palestine is a racialist... is generally what's done by people who are promoting another race. But Sayce, on the other hand, is philosemitic without being blind.

* More than one white race is listed as those... conquested. Many say that Hurrians also lived in Palestine. And the Hurrians were also conquested by the IE Mitanni. The early Armenians were conquested by (among others) the Assyrians, which is probably why an inscription written in old Armenian shows up in Babylon... and written about the supreme god of Armenia: "Hur of Khaldi."

BTW, you're not the first person ever to ruin his reputation by claiming Sumer for the Semites... one Semite scholar did exactly that, about which a volume is written detailing the years-long event.

Last edited: