• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wahabism

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No, it's more a general interest because I often read that the Saudis spend their oil money to spread their regional form of Islam.
So I wanted to know what other Muslims think about this, if that is ok or rather not.

It's ok. Yes they do win people over into their own thinking by buying them with money that belongs to the poor Muslims of the world.

If there are stupid enough people to become religious for money then I really don't care it doesn't bother me. I just hate certain things (mentioned before) that they do.

F0uad

Yes they should spread wealth to poor. No that doesn't mean everyone sit idle and not work. Arab countries wasted themselves eating wealth and not putting in any effort. They got left behind for this very reason. Islam teaches to do work, put effort, earn your income.

I agree but according Sharia-Law as i understand and hopefully allah soebhanoehoe wata'ala will forgive me if i am wrong the government needs to share its profits with its population the wealth of a country is for its own population, i think Sharia is based on contribution not capitalism or individualism.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I agree but according Sharia-Law as i understand and hopefully allah soebhanoehoe wata'ala will forgive me if i am wrong the government needs to share its profits with its population the wealth of a country is for its own population, i think Sharia is based on contribution not capitalism or individualism.

I think equality of wealth also had right beyond your countries borders. If wealth is properly generated and distributed then everyone will get opportunity to have food 3 times a day. I will try and look for a verse or hadith that speaks against getting money without earning it.

As you may know that it is haram to earn money without effort. (i.e) risk free investments are forbidden. I really loved this concept when I thought about it. Whoever tends to acquire money in this way really wastes there life because they don't know the value of it anymore. Gambling & Lottery money gets burned in the worst way you can imagine. Someone not deserving of it does not know how to spend it.

Now this is not saying you don't accept charity, it means as in living with no effort of earning while you are capable is the problem.

ankarali

Wahhabis come from Haridjites. They killed imam Ali (peace upon be with him) and now Usame Ben Laden is a Wahhabi. We can see them only in Saudi Arabia. They destroy all tombs. They want to destroy Prophete Mohammad (peace upon be with him) also but for the moment they don't do this. They live with oil. The King is very rich but the people are very poor.

F0uad

I think equality of wealth also had right beyond your countries borders. If wealth is properly generated and distributed then everyone will get opportunity to have food 3 times a day. I will try and look for a verse or hadith that speaks against getting money without earning it.

As you may know that it is haram to earn money without effort. (i.e) risk free investments are forbidden. I really loved this concept when I thought about it. Whoever tends to acquire money in this way really wastes there life because they don't know the value of it anymore. Gambling & Lottery money gets burned in the worst way you can imagine. Someone not deserving of it does not know how to spend it.

Now this is not saying you don't accept charity, it means as in living with no effort of earning while you are capable is the problem.

You miss the whole point i was not talking about people who can actually work shouldn't work i was saying that its WEALTH (COUNTRY'S WEALTH) should be there for the people not some rich people who get rich because of the people.

There are many things lacking in Saudi to call a established and rich country yet the government, rich families, and king keeps the money all for themselves for example if the Oil-Money went back to the society instead of these rich sheiks (what we call contribution) Saudi would looked totally different then its now.

Like i said Iran, Saudi and many other countries that claim to support the ''Sharia'' are not really following Sharia and i already mentioned some examples before ''Interest banks, Cutting hands of poor people and not the rich, unfair trails, not sharing its wealth'' and many more.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
You miss the whole point i was not talking about people who can actually work shouldn't work i was saying that its WEALTH (COUNTRY'S WEALTH) should be there for the people not some rich people who get rich because of the people.

There are many things lacking in Saudi to call a established and rich country yet the government, rich families, and king keeps the money all for themselves for example if the Oil-Money went back to the society instead of these rich sheiks (what we call contribution) Saudi would looked totally different then its now.

Like i said Iran, Saudi and many other countries that claim to support the ''Sharia'' are not really following Sharia and i already mentioned some examples before ''Interest banks, Cutting hands of poor people and not the rich, unfair trails, not sharing its wealth'' and many more.

Agreed.

the government in Syria is mostly Wahhabi and are doing the killing towards Sunnis, shia's and Christians.

I would even say that the Wahhabi community is not upholding Sharia in Saudi and the general muslim would agree

Assalaamu alaykum,

Bro, you are seriously mistaken here. The government of Syria is not "wahhabi" (even though this doesn't exist as Muhammad Isa said). They are 'alawites' who are an offshoot of the Shi'a but they are not Muslims because they believe that Allah, what do you call it... I forget the word but they believe Allah 'went into' Ali (ra), prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and others. And they literally worship them and also their evil president. You can go see yourself on youtube they have posters of him and prostrate to it and everything, they kill the Sunnis there and sometimes they say "there is no god but Bashar al-assad (their pres.)"!! They aren't even considered Muslims or a sect of Shia by the Shia themselves.

And also, Iran and the Shia in general are supporting them!

Also, you are correct about the Saudi regime, they claim to be Salafis (which most people call 'wahhabis') but don't even apply Shari'ah Law 100% and are dogs of the US. And the people who protest this (who are also salafi/'wahhabi') are killed and imprisoned by them.

wa alaykum salaam

It's the graves of his companions that they are destroying as well as all Islamic history and places of significance on their claim that people are committing shirk and worshiping the graves of his companions. That is against Islamic law, it is not Islamic to destroy the graves of the Sahaba because an idiot wants to worship graves which cannot benefit him nor harm him.

On the other hand you can see their hypocrisy. The consider themselves to be Salafis, better than everyone else, and thus it's OK to preserve the pens, glasses and a few other things which belonged to their Wahabi Saudi Scholars. (I don't have anything against the scholars, I just hate the hypocrisy and the notion of them being the elite while others are innovators)

Assalaamu alaykum.

This 'destroying the graves' comes from the Sunnah of Rasoolullah (peace and blessings be upon him):

Book 004, Number 2114:
Thumama b. Shafayy reported: When we were with Fadala b. 'Ubaid in the country of the Romans at a place (known as) Rudis, a friend of ours died. Fadala b. 'Ubaid ordered to prepare a grave for him and then it was levelled; and then he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanding (us) to level the grave.

Book 004, Number 2115:
Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without levelling It. This hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (Do not leave) a picture without obliterating it.

And it is not really destroying their graves, getting rid of the stuff the people build over them.

Book 004, Number 2116:
Jabir said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade that the graves should be plastered or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

Book 004, Number 2117:
A hadith like this has been transmitted on the authority of Jabir b. 'Abdullah.

Book 004, Number 2118:
Jabir said that he was forbidden to build pucca graves.

[ All from Sahih Muslim ]

As far as I know, keeping things such as pens n stuff is OK but Allah knows best.

wassalaam

Salam brother, you don't need to go in so deep, you know what her question means.

Their teachings are not based on the 4 madhhabs but instead on the teachings of Muhammed bin Abdul Wahhab. You know these things right?

Also, I just wanna clear up again that there is no sect or group that calls themselves wahhabis. This was a name given by the British to the followers of Muhammad ibn abdul Wahhab. He lived a time when there was great corruption in the land such as people worshiping many things besides Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala). Now it's mostly just Shias and extreme sufis that call anybody wahhabis when they tell them to stop worshiping graves and tell them to stop the innovations, even though when there's prove from the authentic Sunnah...

There are "Salafis" and that is also Sunni but just means you follow the way of Salaf, it's not a new 'group' or sect but a methodology. They follow the teachings of the 4 great Imams as well because they are the salaf also. Except they don't blindly follow anyone except for rasoolullah (peace and blessings be upon him) cause, if we don't lie to ourselves, there are some errors in the 4 main madhabs. Shafi'i madhab says for example that touching women breaks your wudhu but we see from the Sunnah that this is incorrect. This is not saying we are smarter than Imam Shafi'i (ra) b/c it was hard for them to look at all the ahadeeth but now it's pretty easy for us, we don't gotta travel far or nothing like that.

Furthermore, it is not obligatory upon any of us to follow one of these madhabs. The four great Imams didn't say this and they said if you find a one of their fatwas that goes against the Sunnah, to throw it against the wall. They did not belong to any madhab like these except for following the Sunnah purely which is we should all strive to do and learn from the companions and t the great scholars after them as well.

Also, you should check out the books by sheikh Muhammad ibn abdul-Wahhab and see for yourself if anything is contrary to the Quran or Sunnah.

wassalaam

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Assalaamu alaykum.

This 'destroying the graves' comes from the Sunnah of Rasoolullah (peace and blessings be upon him):

Book 004, Number 2114:
Thumama b. Shafayy reported: When we were with Fadala b. 'Ubaid in the country of the Romans at a place (known as) Rudis, a friend of ours died. Fadala b. 'Ubaid ordered to prepare a grave for him and then it was levelled; and then he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanding (us) to level the grave.

Book 004, Number 2115:
Abu'l-Hayyaj al-Asadi told that 'Ali (b. Abu Talib) said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without levelling It. This hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (Do not leave) a picture without obliterating it.

And it is not really destroying their graves, getting rid of the stuff the people build over them.

Book 004, Number 2116:
Jabir said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade that the graves should be plastered or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

Book 004, Number 2117:

Book 004, Number 2118:

As far as I know, keeping things such as pens n stuff is OK but Allah knows best.

wassalaam

Alaykum salam brother.

I know that graves must be leveled, but they are also to have a stone at the head and one at the feet to denote that it is a grave. And it must say who it is. If they are so keen on following that hadith to the letter then why do they keep the grave of the Messenger in the way they do in Madinah? Why not keep it like the grave of Hazma radiallahu anhu?

It is one thing to level a grave and know it is a grave by a stone on the head and it is another thing to destroy it completely so people can't identify it.

As for the pens and stuff, which hadith says that it's OK?

Alaykum salam brother.

I know that graves must be leveled, but they are also to have a stone at the head and one at the feet to denote that it is a grave. And it must say who it is. If they are so keen on following that hadith to the letter then why do they keep the grave of the Messenger in the way they do in Madinah? Why not keep it like the grave of Hazma radiallahu anhu?

It is one thing to level a grave and know it is a grave by a stone on the head and it is another thing to destroy it completely so people can't identify it.

wa alaykum salaam,

I got no idea how they make it.. This is what I just found:

Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on writing the name on the grave in case of necessity

Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on grave markers on which are written details of the deceased

And on prophet's grave (peace be upon him): Islam Question and Answer - Why is the Prophet

As for the pens and stuff, which hadith says that it's OK?

I think the principle that everything is halaal unless there is an indication otherwise applies here. This is for things that don't have anything to do with worship. So I would think that there is nothing wrong with keeping other people's things like that unless somebody else was suppose to inherit them. Unless people start worshiping them somehow then it would be haraam to keep them.

wassalaam

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

That is very convenient brother. That website is a Saudi website operated by such very people that I am talking about. And the first link actually says that it is permitted to write the name of the person and to mark it as a grave. And it's actually Shaykh Uhtaymeen who is in support of the view. I wasn't saying that we should write poems and verses of the Qur'an on the stone. Just the name.

I think the principle that everything is halaal unless there is an indication otherwise applies here. This is for things that don't have anything to do with worship. So I would think that there is nothing wrong with keeping other people's things like that unless somebody else was suppose to inherit them. Unless people start worshiping them somehow then it would be haraam to keep them.

wassalaam

I won't go too much into this now. The graves too are not for worship but the Saudi government is still destroying them, so too historical sites.

That is very convenient brother. That website is a Saudi website operated by such very people that I am talking about. And the first link actually says that it is permitted to write the name of the person and to mark it as a grave. And it's actually Shaykh Uhtaymeen who is in support of the view. I wasn't saying that we should write poems and verses of the Qur'an on the stone. Just the name.

Yes, that is a Saudi website and the sheikhs are salafis or 'wahhabis'. Why do people dismiss them just because of this name? If wahhabi means uplifting and encouraging Tawheed and the Sunnah and discouraging shirk and innovations then I am proud to be a 'wahhabi'. I've seen in some of your posts you posted many good sheikhs such as Bilal philips and others, they are salafis too...

It doesn't matter what the hypocrites such as Saudi regime or any other regime does, Islam is what matters.

When somebody provides proof why just dismiss it, and look they provided opinions of the 4 madhabs as well!

Anyways, it says in cases of necessity it is permissible to write the name. Some say it is disliked, some say it's OK. So why do you blame all salafis and call them hypocrites or whatever because, as you can see, it says here that in cases of necessity you can put the name.

I won't go too much into this now. The graves too are not for worship but the Saudi government is still destroying them, so too historical sites.

Yes, the graves are not for worship but many people do take them for worship. Extreme sufis and shias especially. They even defend this act..

I do not think that people worship scholars' pens and belongings though.

Anyways, they should be leveled as we have seen. I haven't actually seen how they do it or what they leave behind I dunno if you have, maybe you did..

Also, do they require a name or some kind of marker? Like is it obligatory? I actually don't know.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yes, that is a Saudi website and the sheikhs are salafis or 'wahhabis'. Why do people dismiss them just because of this name? If wahhabi means uplifting and encouraging Tawheed and the Sunnah and discouraging shirk and innovations then I am proud to be a 'wahhabi'. I've seen in some of your posts you posted many good sheikhs such as Bilal philips and others, they are salafis too...

It doesn't matter what the hypocrites such as Saudi regime or any other regime does, Islam is what matters.

When somebody provides proof why just dismiss it, and look they provided opinions of the 4 madhabs as well!

Anyways, it says in cases of necessity it is permissible to write the name. Some say it is disliked, some say it's OK. So why do you blame all salafis and call them hypocrites or whatever because, as you can see, it says here that in cases of necessity you can put the name.

Brother I never blamed all wahhabis of anything. I stated very clearly that I only dislike the acts of destroying the graves of the Sahaba and the other things I have stated. As regards to hypocrisy I said that in relation to destroying graves because some people might worship them while on the other hand you preserve the items of scholars like those of Shaykh Uthaymeen. How sure are you that someone will not start worshiping those items and pray to Shaykh Uthaymeen rather than Allah? Are all Wahhabis somehow better than all other Muslim and they don't ever fall into shirk while others do?

And I do listen to the teachings of Wahhabi scholars if they are correct (cross examination with the teachings of other Scholars) and I do respect them. However, I dislike certain things which are done by those who identify themselves as Wahhabis.

Yes, the graves are not for worship but many people do take them for worship. Extreme sufis and shias especially. They even defend this act..

So if they want to commit shirk then why destroy the graves? That just doesn't make sense. It's the same like saying that we should destroy Islam (the Qur'an and Hadith) because some people will disbelieve in them.

I do not think that people worship scholars' pens and belongings though.

Are you sure that some people might not?

Anyways, they should be leveled as we have seen. I haven't actually seen how they do it or what they leave behind I dunno if you have, maybe you did..

I think it's just the earth that sticks up higher than the rest of the ground that is leveled out. In some countries they leave it like a hump.

Also, do they require a name or some kind of marker? Like is it obligatory? I actually don't know.

Yes the link said that it is permissible to place a stone (hadith source) and the scholars have allowed that only the name of the person be written for identification. But writing poetry like at the time of jahiliya is haram so too writing verses of the Qur'an.

Brother I never blamed all wahhabis of anything. I stated very clearly that I only dislike the acts of destroying the graves of the Sahaba and the other things I have stated. As regards to hypocrisy I said that in relation to destroying graves because some people might worship them while on the other hand you preserve the items of scholars like those of Shaykh Uthaymeen. How sure are you that someone will not start worshiping those items and pray to Shaykh Uthaymeen rather than Allah? Are all Wahhabis somehow better than all other Muslim and they don't ever fall into shirk while others do?

If the authentic hadeeth says to destroy the shrines and level the graves then I think we all agree that that is the right thing to do.

The situation b/w graves and pens is very different. In the graves there are the bodies of people and according to some sects or beliefs, these people can hear us and grant us help and whatnot. Also, i think that there has not been 1 case of a pen-worshiper in Saudi Arabia. If there is, I have not heard of it. The graves are something people ask for help because of the bodies there of righteous people and that's what draws some to commit shirk there unlike the pen situation. I think the people who do this would never ask a pen for help and they'd look at you as if you were stupid if you said that, but it's because an actual person is in the grave.

No 'wahhabis' also can fall into shirk just like anybody but the thing is, wahhabis/salafis follow Quran and authentic Sunnah with understanding of the Salaf which clearly tells us things such as praying at graves is haraam except in some conditions, such as janazah prayer. While extreme sufis or Shias have it *in their belief* that the people in the graves can hear you or are not physically dead, and ask them for help. They also use hadeeths and even try to use some Sunni ahadeeth to prove this but they either don't look at context or there were conditions as there is in many things.

And I do listen to the teachings of Wahhabi scholars if they are correct (cross examination with the teachings of other Scholars) and I do respect them. However, I dislike certain things which are done by those who identify themselves as Wahhabis.

What other things do you disagree with other than leveling the graves that they do?

So if they want to commit shirk then why destroy the graves? That just doesn't make sense. It's the same like saying that we should destroy Islam (the Qur'an and Hadith) because some people will disbelieve in them.

Cause we were ordered by the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to destroy images, idols that people worship and level the graves. Even the prophet (peace be upon him) destroyed the idols around the kaaba prophet Ibraheem (peace be upon him) destroyed the idols in his town, etc.

Are you sure that some people might not?

Allah knows best. But i highly doubt it. What we do know is that there are 1000's of grave worshipers and 0 known pen worshipers so far.

I think it's just the earth that sticks up higher than the rest of the ground that is leveled out. In some countries they leave it like a hump.

I'm not sure but I don't think if it's just that the earth sticks out like a hump but rather if there is any structure built over it. Or if the body is not in the earth and in this structure.

Yes the link said that it is permissible to place a stone (hadith source) and the scholars have allowed that only the name of the person be written for identification. But writing poetry like at the time of jahiliya is haram so too writing verses of the Qur'an.

Yea but I mean, is it fard/obligatory to write the name or place the stone/marker?

muhammad_isa

No 'wahhabis' also can fall into shirk just like anybody but the thing is, wahhabis/salafis follow Quran and authentic Sunnah with understanding of the Salaf which clearly tells us things such as praying at graves is haraam except in some conditions, such as janazah prayer. While extreme sufis or Shias have it *in their belief* that the people in the graves can hear you or are not physically dead, and ask them for help. They also use hadeeths and even try to use some Sunni ahadeeth to prove this but they either don't look at context or there were conditions as there is in many things.

Masha'Allah .. I agree with you Brother.
Praying at graves, and beliveing that the people buried there have some special powers due to their piety is INDEED 'shirk' .

..and I don't know anybody who identifies themselves as 'a Wahabi' .. Salafi, yes

Masha'Allah .. I agree with you Brother.
Praying at graves, and beliveing that the people buried there have some special powers due to their piety is INDEED 'shirk' .

..and I don't know anybody who identifies themselves as 'a Wahabi' .. Salafi, yes

Yea, some people just call others "Wahhabi" cause they tell em to stop praying in graveyards and to the people in graves, stop asking them for help, etc.
Just cause you call em towards pure Tawheed they lash out at you.. What is there to say to something like that?

We don't say that just cause we wanna put them down but cause there's actually PROOF for this stuff, but most just turn their backs n don't care..

Also, they use this as a slandering term yet one of Allah's Names is "Al-Wahhab"! And the sheikh's name that they get this from was Muhammad ibn abdul-Wahhab. They don't want to use the prophet's (peace be upon him) name as a slandering term but they see it perfectly fit to use Allah's Name! And if they actually read his books instead of following people blindly, they would see that they are in line with the Quran and Sunnah. There might be some mistakes, he was only human of course, but the majority is in line with Islam and the evidence.

ankarali

Assalaamu alaykum,

Bro, you are seriously mistaken here. The government of Syria is not "wahhabi" (even though this doesn't exist as Muhammad Isa said). They are 'alawites' who are an offshoot of the Shi'a but they are not Muslims because they believe that Allah, what do you call it... I forget the word but they believe Allah 'went into' Ali (ra), prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and others. And they literally worship them and also their evil president. You can go see yourself on youtube they have posters of him and prostrate to it and everything, they kill the Sunnis there and sometimes they say "there is no god but Bashar al-assad (their pres.)"!! They aren't even considered Muslims or a sect of Shia by the Shia themselves.

Also, you are correct about the Saudi regime, they claim to be Salafis (which most people call 'wahhabis') but don't even apply Shari'ah Law 100% and are dogs of the US. And the people who protest this (who are also salafi/'wahhabi') are killed and imprisoned by them.

wa alaykum salaam

Assalaamu alaykum.

Book 004, Number 2114:

Book 004, Number 2115:

Book 004, Number 2116:

Book 004, Number 2117:

Book 004, Number 2118:

wassalaam

Then destroy prophet Mohammad (pubwh) tomb also. Why they don't do this?

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Assalaamu alaykum,

The government is Syria is largely if not completely made up of people who consider themselves Shias. Is the rest propaganda? I'm pretty sure most of what you are fed and attempting to feed us is propaganda. I don't know if you are aware but everyone one of the 72 sects believes the other is non-Muslim. Each Sunni or Shia subsect calls the other non-Muslim. The false accusations of changing the Kalima I have heard multiple times, so I would be very careful before I accept it as it is hard to believe their president a God. But if you can show me from a reliable source then I am open to accepting it.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This sub-school of Islam seems to be very strict, they don't even allow women to drive cars.
Since the Saudis support Wahabism with their oil-money, it gains influence even in countries were it didn't exist before (Indonesia).
What do Muslims think about Wahabism, is it an exaggeration?

Saudi government made it clear that there is no issue from a religious point of view which prevent women from driving and it's solely a social and traditions issue which they hope to overcome step by step.

There was some discussions and debates about Wahabism a while back here in RF so i started a thread in order to help members here get a comprehensive look at this issue without any bias or prejudice.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/56677-things-you-do-not-know-about.html