• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginia CountyTo Re-Name Schools After Confederates

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpted....
The school board in Shenandoah County, Virginia, early Friday approved a proposal that will restore the names of Confederate military leaders to two public schools.
The measure, which passed 5-1, reverses a previous board’s decision in 2020 to change the names of schools that had been linked to Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Turner Ashby, three men who led the pro-slavery Southern states during the Civil War.
Mountain View High School will go back to the name Stonewall Jackson High School. Honey Run Elementary School will go back to the name Ashby-Lee Elementary School.

For their next trick, they plan to name other public facilities after....
The John Wayne Gacy Cafeteria
The Charles Manson Women's Health Clinic
The Ted Kaczynski Post Office
The Ted Bundy Youth Center
The Jim Jones Juice Bar
The Typhoid Mary Center For Disease Control.
The Donald Trump Sexual Assault Prevention Hot Line

Excerpted....
The school board in Shenandoah County, Virginia, early Friday approved a proposal that will restore the names of Confederate military leaders to two public schools.
The measure, which passed 5-1, reverses a previous board’s decision in 2020 to change the names of schools that had been linked to Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Turner Ashby, three men who led the pro-slavery Southern states during the Civil War.
Mountain View High School will go back to the name Stonewall Jackson High School. Honey Run Elementary School will go back to the name Ashby-Lee Elementary School.

The Jim Jones Juice Bar
I read an article earlier pertaining to that. So many people, especially in politics, want to hold on to the past instead of moving forward and learning from history. They want that control with religion and politics instead of what is best for the majority.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh don't try to obscure the truth here. These people are not trying to "hold on to the past", they are trying to hold on to their racism.
I wonder if it's also sympathy for Trump's attempted
coup...an anti-government sentiment that's still pro
government, but favoring Trump style fundamentalism,
authoritarianism, & hatred of Democrats?

(While Democrats were the pro slavery
party in the 1800s, partisan hatred these
days isn't about slavery.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Jim Jones Juice Bar

The Jeffrey Dahmer Morgue?
The Richard Nixon Center for Ethical Government?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe the total population of Shenandoah County, VA is around 40K. The total population of Virginia is 8.63 million. I wouldn't worry too much about all this one way or the other. I mean, it's way, way, way less than 1 percent of the population of Virginia.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe the total population of Shenandoah County, VA is around 40K. The total population of Virginia is 8.63 million. I wouldn't worry too much about all this one way or the other. I mean, it's way, way, way less than 1 percent of the population of Virginia.
You needn't worry that
we might be worrying
about this.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Excerpted....

The Jim Jones Juice Bar
Big deal. It was no big problem before, it's no problem now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder if it's also sympathy for Trump's attempted
coup...an anti-government sentiment that's still pro
government, but favoring Trump style fundamentalism,
authoritarianism, & hatred of Democrats?

(While Democrats were the pro slavery
party in the 1800s, partisan hatred these
days isn't about slavery.)
Democrats love their racist heritage by keeping the name Democrat intact for their party.

Viker

Häxan
Excerpted....

The Jim Jones Juice Bar
:facepalm:

I'm heading for the Jim Jones Juice Bar. I need a refreshment and vacation.

Why does it feel like we're trapped in a backwards time warp?