• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Violence Forces Denmark Home

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Denmark brings home diplomats

Denmark has temporarily withdrawn diplomats from three countries over fears for their safety.
Diplomats left Danish missions in Iran and Indonesia after threats were made against them, the Danish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Earlier, Denmark said it had pulled its diplomatic staff from Syria as Damascus could not guarantee their safety.

Protestors have targeted Danish embassies since the row over cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad began.

The Danish Foreign Ministry said that the ambassador and expatriate staff at the embassy in Tehran had temporarily left due to "information about serious, concrete threats against the ambassador".

It said that Danish staff had also left the embassy in Indonesia because of "reliable security threats against staff at the embassy".

This is just so sad that the Danish people have to suffer through this nonsense! I hope they know that America stands behind them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
Denmark brings home diplomats

This is just so sad that the Danish people have to suffer through this nonsense! I hope they know that America stands behind them.
This is a sad subject. This is what happens when people from different cultures mix, without fully understanding each other, and tempers are frayed because what seems petty to some is all important to others.

I think it is time to try to put this all behind us (The world, not the forum), and re-build relationships, to gain better understanding.:)

d.

_______
you're on a bit of a mission here, aren't you?

it's sad alright, but not only for the danish.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:
I think it is time to try to put this all behind us (The world, not the forum), and re-build relationships, to gain better understanding.:)

do you think that is like to happen?

d.

_______
michel said:
agreed. these knots needs to be untangled; not stiffened.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Fluffy said:
Agreed, plenty of other people have been harmed as a result of reactionary violence to these cartoons.
I agree Fluffy, but I would make one small change.

Plenty of other people have been harmed by reactionary violence based on ignorance.