• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Velveteen Rabbit

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I feel almost like this story is speaking about a metaphor/analogy (can't keep those two words straight) about human existence. I mean, people who tend not to be well-loved start to get kinda surreal and by that I mean they develop issues like autism, antisocial personality, or other psych problems. For that matter, I feel like the whole aim of religion is less about souls or afterlife and more about kinda making the world (especially those who live in it) real.

Oh yeah. Also, right now I'm watching Mannequin.

How real, exactly, would all of you say humans actually are? And how would we confirm? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
They are not real, just collection of points where the five fundamental forces are, as are all others that we term as things. All maya, illusion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I feel almost like this story is speaking about a metaphor/analogy (can't keep those two words straight) about human existence. I mean, people who tend not to be well-loved start to get kinda surreal and by that I mean they develop issues like autism, antisocial personality, or other psych problems. For that matter, I feel like the whole aim of religion is less about souls or afterlife and more about kinda making the world (especially those who live in it) real.

Oh yeah. Also, right now I'm watching Mannequin.

How real, exactly, would all of you say humans actually are? And how would we confirm? Thoughts?
Human beings are spiritual beings trapped in a physical realm because of their falling down the morality ladder so to speak, the more wrongdoing a spiritual being does, the denser they become, and they end up in this human realm, to repay their karmic debt. And actually, this human realm (humans animals, insects, plants) are the only realm we can cultivate back up again since it is the only place to feel physical pain.
So we are not human beings who become spiritual, we are spiritual beings that become human beings

pearl

I feel almost like this story is speaking about a metaphor/analogy (can't keep those two words straight) about human existence. I mean, people who tend not to be well-loved start to get kinda surreal and by that I mean they develop issues like autism, antisocial personality, or other psych problems.

I believe these 'issues' are not psych problems, but are organic.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I don't think so.

I've dealt with people even though I myself am kinda broken, and it feels like these so-called "inborn" problems are anything but organic. Antisocial behavior typically comes from parents being cold and an extreme of parenting (too enabling with the attitude "my child would never..." or absolutely vilifying a child for no good reason) . From what I've seen of autistic kids, their parents are deeply neurotic, and the kid in turn is hypersensitive to well everything and unable to connect meaningfully to people. Likewise, my own condition seems to be caused by a constant yet unintentional break in social connections (I'm probably in the schizoid range).

That is, you can explain away these things as genetic, but to me this is a copout. An excuse to why you don't want to give that person real love.

I feel like that number is closer to 35% than 68%. We seem to die pretty easily, and I'm reminded of sandcastles that wash away with enough moisture and lose their shape. On the other hand, I think this percent can raise but it's probably not dependent on dogma but something else.