• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vedi Poetry....

Darkwater

According to the Veda: Indra is the deity which controlls intelligence, weather and kingship in the Vedas. The famous hymn is describing the creation of the universe from eternal darkness(Vritra) which Indra differentiates and causes to become manifest(i.e., from non duality to duality) and this leads to creation of the sun. This is why the Vedas say Indra raises the suns in the heavens.

The word Indra(root Indh) means the powerful one. The word Vritra means static. The powerful one fissions the static one, and causes the static one to be differentiated(many) and by doing it releases the latent potential within it(After Indra creating the universe, it causes energy to be released)

The beauty of Vedic poetry it has a three-part system of meaning. The first meaning is describing how Indra creates the universe by fissioning the primordial matter(leading to space and time) which he accomplishes with his electric discharge(vajra, meaning electric discharge) between his two nodes(Dadhyancha), the secondary meaning refers to how Indra causes rains to fall terrestrially(discharge in the raincloud fissioning it and releasing the condensed waters) and the third refers to Indra as intelligence which destroys ignorance and brings about light of knowledge.

How many Veda are there?

Surya Deva

There are 4 Vedas: Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva. Rig Veda is the book of praises of eternal powers; Yajur is the book of action; Sama is book of music and Atharva is the book of Yoga and Ayurveda.

This reminds me I need to update my Veda threads!

Darkwater

ty Suraj,

I'll be sure to check them out.

Presumably the Rig Veda deals with Indra creating everything?

I have met many *beings of greater duration* or/and come across *dams in time*(daemon)...first was the (small)lioness,through whom I gained an audience with the blue cow,who agreed with me & the lioness did carry out my bidding.I have since profitted by that which the lioness consumed for me.

Other relative deity(Indian Pantheon) are Mata Kali(healer & destroyer) & an audience with Ma Durgha,then into the inky black realm of Mara(the black fields of void) for bloodless victories in the name of Kali.

Anything ring a bell,maybe a long shot.

Surya Deva

The idea of multiplicity of gods like Indra, Durga, Kali is a myth. It does not occurr in the Vedas. In the Vedas Durga and Kali(the form of Mother goddess) are part of the ONE, who has manifestations of Durga and Kali(virtually everything is the manifestation of that ONE) It never describes them as being separate entities or gods. They are divine powers or principles, they all belong to the ONE.

The ONE in the form of Indra releases the pent up cosmic waters and create space-time. In the form of Vishakarma designs the universe. In the form of tvastir fashions the universe. In the form of Brahma creates. In the form of Vishnu preserves. In the form of Rudra/Shiva destroys. In the form of Asvins heals. In the form of Savitur/Surya illuminates.

The Myths that you have read come from the Puranas. The Puranas are basically books of myth. They were created for the masses to teach them about the Vedas using stories, allegories etc. None of the stories they tell are real.

Darkwater

hahahahahaha...Put "IN MY HUMBLE OPINION" after assertions like that or a hindu dictator.

I'll make up my own mind if you don't mind?

Darkwater

hahahahahaha...Put "IN MY HUMBLE OPINION" after assertions like that or else you could sound like a hindu dictator,imho.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, Darkwater, Indra did not create everything. Purusha, Prajapati (Brahma), Brahmanaspati did. Thank Gods, that the blue cow was kind and the lioness did not consume you.

There are many Gods in the Vedas. Vasus (8), Adityas (Eight or later 10 or 12, Indra, Agni, Surya, Vishnu are mentioned as adityas), Rudras or Maruts (generally 11, otherwise 2 to 180), Ashwins (2), Dyava-Prithvi, Apam Napat, Apas, Mitra, Varuna, Brihaspati, Ushas, Saraswati, Parjanya, Pusan, Mandukas, Twashtar, Visve-Devah, Soma, Ratri, Yama and Yami, and Vata. The fifth verse of the first hymn of the first book of RigVeda invites Agni to come to the ritual (yajna) with all the Gods.

Agniorhota kavikratuh satyashchitrasravastamah | devo devebhira ghamat ||
(May Agni, sapient-minded Priest, truthful, most gloriously great. The God, come hither with the Gods. - Ralph Griffith's translation at Internet Sacred Text Archive Home)

Surya Deva

hahahahahaha...Put "IN MY HUMBLE OPINION" after assertions like that or a hindu dictator.

Darkwater, I am not making your mind up. I am telling you what the Vedas state and what is the main tenet of Hinduism

The word Deva in Sanskrit does not mean god. It means "shining one, illuminated one, divine one. They broadly are referred to as principles in the Vedas. There are 12 Adityas, 8 Vasus, 49 Maruts etc. These are categories of Devas, the Aditya are considered the most brilliant and are born of Aditi(feminine principle) they do not exist before coming into being. None of the Devas exist before the universe comes into being.

The fact that we can know the Vedas are not distinct entities can be known by the fact that the Vedas describe multiples of them(e.g., n number of Rudras, Maruts) and they also conflate them(e.g., Agni is Rudra is Indra) They cannot all be distinct entities and yet the same, can they?

You must understand Vedic Metaphysics to understand what Devas are. In brief: they are phenomenal divinities. This means that what other aspect you can grasp of reality(phenomena) the most divine aspect of that has a Deva. For example the Deva of the sun is Savitur. This does not mean the sun is Savitur, but its divinity is Savitur. Savitur presides over the physical sun, the act of seeing, light and knowledge, consciousness. Hence why the famous Gayatri Mantra a hymn on gaining knowledge and wisdom is addressed to Savitur(Tat Savitur varenyam)

Beyond this you can believe anything you want.

Darkwater

No, Darkwater, Indra did not create everything. Purusha, Prajapati (Brahma), Brahmanaspati did. Thank Gods, that the blue cow was kind and the lioness did not consume you.

There are many Gods in the Vedas. Vasus (8), Adityas (Eight or later 10 or 12, Indra, Agni, Surya, Vishnu are mentioned as adityas), Rudras or Maruts (generally 11, otherwise 2 to 180), Ashwins (2), Dyava-Prithvi, Apam Napat, Apas, Mitra, Varuna, Brihaspati, Ushas, Saraswati, Parjanya, Pusan, Mandukas, Twashtar, Visve-Devah, Soma, Ratri, Yama and Yami, and Vata. The fifth verse of the first hymn of the first book of RigVeda invites Agni to come to the ritual (yajna) with all the Gods.

Agniorhota kavikratuh satyashchitrasravastamah | devo devebhira ghamat ||
(May Agni, sapient-minded Priest, truthful, most gloriously great. The God, come hither with the Gods. - Ralph Griffith's translation at Internet Sacred Text Archive Home)

Many thanks for the brilliant information for which I am truly grateful Aupmanyav...Such a vast amount of information is inkeeping with such an ancient,complete & well researched,very authentic pantheon as Hindu.

I approached the small lioness(same size as me) on my knees,she laughed & told me to meet all beings of greater duration on the level.She heard me,I approached the blue cow in great love & was received in great love.Together we watched huge lioness carry out my bidding all over the earth in one night as they both agreed with me,and I have profitted greatly thereby ever since as I have progressed through all pantheon.)(I have protection too,of course,or else I could never be so *intact* ahem.

Now I am retracing my steps to see what I have missed.

I am most attracted to the Aditya's.

Agni is in the south east corner,similar to masonic north east(northern hemisphere pole shift) & the point of entry into the Nordic Pantheon Nepfalim(?)...There is of course a significant poleshift in the great tree as more dimensions become apparent..

Any links or insights from you would always be greatly appreciated.

I am working on some stuff I maybe try to address on another thread which I hope that you could maybe consider.

If there is ever anything I can do for you then please ask away...I am a practicing enlightened guide,whereas you are my enlightened guide.

Namaste

Andy

[edit] Brahmanas

The Vedas do not identify the Ādityas and there is no classification of the thirty-three gods, except for in the Yajurveda (7.19), which says there are eleven gods in heaven (light space), eleven gods in atmosphere (intermediate space), and eleven gods in earth (observer space). In the Satapatha Brahmana, the number of Ādityas is eight in some passages, and in other texts of the same Brahmana, twelve Adityas are mentioned. [3] The list of 12 Adityas is as follows:
  1. Aṃśa
  2. Aryaman
  3. Bhaga
  4. Dakṣa
  5. Dhātṛ
  6. Indra
  7. Mitra
  8. Ravi
  9. Savitṛ
  10. Sūrya
  11. Varuṇa
  12. Yama
I love the Brahman Tridosha too.

Last edited:

Atman

The Myths that you have read come from the Puranas. The Puranas are basically books of myth. They were created for the masses to teach them about the Vedas using stories, allegories etc. None of the stories they tell are real.
I think this is a matter of debate. Quite a few traditional acharyas, and a good portion of practicing Hindus will disagree with this statement.

None of the Devas exist before the universe comes into being.
Likewise, many Hindus and Hindu sampradayas will disagree with this notion.

I approached the small lioness(same size as me) on my knees,she laughed & told me to meet all beings of greater duration on the level.She heard me,I approached the blue cow in great love & was received in great love.Together we watched huge lioness carry out my bidding all over the earth in one night as they both agreed with me,and I have profitted greatly thereby ever since as I have progressed through all pantheon.)(I have protection too,of course,or else I could never be so *intact* ahem.
I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here...

The fact that we can know the Vedas are not distinct entities can be known by the fact that the Vedas describe multiples of them(e.g., n number of Rudras, Maruts) and they also conflate them(e.g., Agni is Rudra is Indra) They cannot all be distinct entities and yet the same, can they?
You might want to look into Ramanuja's Vishishtadvaita philosophy, or Nimbarka's Dvaitadvaita. ;)

Suraj corrected you on what he felt was an incorrect interpretation of Hindu Sruti, and now he is a "Hindu dictator"?

Surya Deva

I think this is a matter of debate. Quite a few traditional acharyas, and a good portion of practicing Hindus will disagree with this statement.

I think you're probably right many acharyas and Hindus would disagree. However, I argue, that they are not properly learned in Hinduism. I know this is an exceedingly arrogant thing to say it, though I do not mean to say it from a position of arrogance, rather I say it from a position of historical appreciation.

If one looks at the earliest history of Hinduism and its most authorative and founding scripture Vedas one does not find any of the Puranic stories there. Rather, the Puranic phase comes much later during the Gupta times, during a time of political instability and superstition.

Can one honestly accept these Puranic stories which say things like, "Then the fish said, then the tree said, then the parrot said" or tell you of accounts where a certain Risi drank up the ocean through his nose and then spat it out through his ear. I know there are many Hindus, even acharyas that insist these are real happenings, but what they don't understand, I argue, is that they are myths. They employ narratives, they tell stories with morals and values, and their real import is in that, not the actual story itself which is myth.

The Puranas were really only intended for this purpose. They are popular myths, but unfortunately in an age of ignorance, they have become religions themselves. The ignorant and foolish really do believe in the myths as real happenings, and they really do take the wars depicted in Puranas between deities as literal. The practices of Sati in society did arise from hearing myths of women jumping into fires. The Puranas have lead to terrible corruption and superstition in Hindu society, that was absent in Vedic times.

I recall how king Bhoja proclaimed himself how people were writing anything they wanted in the Puranas and he would punish such people saying how irresponsible their actions were and how it lead to degrading true Indian religion. It is due to the Puranas that people like Guru Nanak had to rise to reform Hinduism and take it back to its Vedic roots.

The Puranas, being public texts, have had constant interpolations, some are even as recent as the 19th century(Such as the Bhavishya Purana)
They have become scripture of the ignorant masses. The bad face of Hinduism that the world knows today is Puranic.

Common Hindus don't seem to understand that the Puranas are not the authorative scriptures of Hinduism, the Vedas are. That the highest practice of Hinduism is Yoga, not temple worship; that Hinduism tells of an absolute, immutable and ineffable reality which is manifest in multifarious forms in reality. They don't understand concepts like dharma.
Hinduism for them is simply a Puranic tradition.

Likewise, many Hindus and Hindu sampradayas will disagree with this notion.

Indeed, but then if we point them to the Vedas and Upanishads, that is exactly what they say. All that exists is that ONE, and the Devas are the manifest aspects of that one. The same is proclaimed by the Gita. The highest scriptures of Hinduism do not endorse any polytheistic views.

You might want to look into Ramanuja's Vishishtadvaita philosophy, or Nimbarka's Dvaitadvaita. ;)

I have. I take them for what they are worth. Again, from a historical point of view Ramuja's Vishishtadvatia is a very recent philosophy. It is based on interpreting Vedanta. Adi Sankara also tried to interpret Vedanta(I would say more accurately) We should not confuse interpretations with the real text.

Vedanta is very direct when it says only that ONE exists and Atman = Brahman. It is very direct when it says that this whole universe is the manifestation of that one supreme being.

As far as I am concerned true Hinduism is the text not the interpretation.
In Hindu logic tradition is not a valid way of knowing. What has come to down to us Hindus living today in the 21st century, is a corrupted and diluted version of Hinduism through corrupt traditions. We accept tradition as valid, when Hindu logic itself calls it invalid.

The average Hindus knows nothing of the Darsanas, has not read the Gita, knows nothing about Upanishads and Vedas. They are just born into a tradition and know nothing more than tradition. If they don't know anything beyond traditition, how are they even a proper Hindu? I argue they are not.

Darkwater

ty for your input which is greatly appreciated Atman.

Sories with morals,ie greater truths generally stand the test of great scrutiny from all possible angles...then they become interdimensional truths,no matter which side of the upside down pallidrome they are viewed from.

They are all energy which cannot be destroyed or created,all you can do is bring the energy within your field of resonation(in love) so as you can recognise(in love) it,& it you(gulp>>lulz-hopefully in great love)

What came first,the gods or their powers?(I knowm the answer.:)) and why of course.

I'm loving this thread already,you guys really rock even if you have to destroy me sometimes to make me stronger.

Great Love,

Andy

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am most attracted to the Aditya's. Agni is in the south east corner,similar to masonic north east(northern hemisphere pole shift) & the point of entry into the Nordic Pantheon Nepfalim(?)...There is of course a significant poleshift in the great tree as more dimensions become apparent.
Darkwater, Aryans rituals involved Yajna, when oblations were consigned to fire, fire being the carrier and a God. The earliest Aryan priests were Angirasas (Angara - fire), Atharvan, and probably Atri also (Atish, Atar - fire). Vedas called them our fathers. Not surprising if the Aryans hailed from Sub-Arctic regions. For two or three months of the Arctic night they depended on fire.

Suraj: 'They cannot all be distinct entities and yet the same, can they?' Depends on what the person thinks. In hinduism, they can be distinct, same, or distinct and same, all at the same time. :)

Suraj: 'If one looks at the earliest history of Hinduism and its most authorative and founding scripture Vedas one does not find any of the Puranic stories there. Rather, the Puranic phase comes much later during the Gupta times, during a time of political instability and superstition.' That is a very arrogant view to say that hinduism is Vedic religion only and there was no other belief in India, whether the Aryans were immigrant or indigenous. Vedic religion is just a part of hinduism which has nearly been replaced by other views (puranic). Hindus worship Gods which the Aryans did not know. So it is clearly a meeting of two religious thoughts. Vishnu is just a marginal God in Vedas to whom just five or six hymns are dedicated, and there is no mention of Shiva, Rama, Krishna, and Durga (Shakti).

Suraj: You would not be able to mould Hinduism in the way you want (probably Arya Samaji - that is a small section of hindus misguided by Swami Dayananda Saraswati). There is nothing more polytheistic than the Vedas. For myths, one does not need to go to Puranas, Vedas themselves are full of them; like Prajapati following Rohini and Rudra killing Prajapati with an arrow (that is an Orion story) or that of Vrishakapi, etc.

Last edited:

Surya Deva

Suraj: 'They cannot all be distinct entities and yet the same, can they?' Depends on what the person thinks. In hinduism, they can be distinct, same, or distinct and same, all at the same time. :)

You cannot have something to to be distinct and the same when it is manifest. An apple and an orange are different things when manifest, they cannot be the same. It maybe when they are unmanifest they are the same, or distinct and the same, but when manifest they are certainly distinct :)

The Vedas conflate the deities regularly, suggesting that they recognise them to be parts and aspects of the same thing. The fact that the Vedas do openly state this(e.g., the one is called by many names) does certainly validate that.

That is a very arrogant view to say that hinduism is Vedic religion only and there was no other belief in India, whether the Aryans were immigrant or indigenous. Vedic religion is just a part of hinduism which has nearly been replaced by other views (puranic).

I find it interesting that you say Vedic religion is a part of Hinduism. It is kind of like saying Christianity is a part of another religion, when Christianity is a religion itself. I am afraid you betray a very poor knowledge of Hinduim by saying this.

If I asked one to give the common features of Hinduism. They would probably begin by naming the pantheon of gods, karma and reincarnation, dharma, Yoga, varna-ashrama/caste system, Vedanta. The sources of these come from Hindu scripture known as Sruti. The sruti in turn are based on a hierarchy of authority.

3. The Bhagvad Gita
2. The 108 Upanishads(Vedanta)
1. The Vedas

There is nothing beyond the Vedas in Hindu history. Hinduism is a religion which begins from the Vedas, and derives its authority from that. Your suggestion of the Vedas being distinct from Hinduism is like suggesting Islam is distinct from the Quran or Christianity is distinct from the bible.

I must admit it is a rather strange and bizarre idea. As far as I am aware no tradition of Hinduism denies the authority of the Vedas. The traditions that did, Buddhism and Jainism, became separate religions and are known as Nastika(atheist) I just checked a Shivaist web site online, the Himalayan Academy, and there is a good article on the various sects of Hinduism, it says every sect accepts the Vedas as authority.

From Hinduism Today(Hindu publication):

"The Sanatana Dharma, or "eternal faith," known today as Hinduism, is a family of religions that accept the authority of the Vedas. Its four principal denominations are Saivism, Saktism, Vaishnavism and Smartism. "

I think you are trying to argue for a house of cards here with its base missing.

Hindus worship Gods which the Aryans did not know. So it is clearly a meeting of two religious thoughts. Vishnu is just a marginal God in Vedas to whom just five or six hymns are dedicated, and there is no mention of Shiva, Rama, Krishna, and Durga (Shakti).

I think you are mistaken; very strongly mistaken. I have very strong doubts about your knowledge on Hinduism. Shiva is certainly mentioned in the Vedas one of the most famous verses that is recited from the Veda called the Shiva Suktam, glorifies Shiva. Similarly a verse called the Durga Suktam glorifies Durga. These are very well known hymns from the Vedas. I suggest you go to your local Indian CD outlet and ask for renditions. I own a copy of the Shiva Suktam myself.

A very strange thing for a Hindu to say. Are you really Hindu? The Shiva and Durga Suktams are the most popular and widely recited in Hindu temples.

Suraj: You would not be able to mould Hinduism in the way you want (probably Arya Samaji - that is a small section of hindus misguided by Swami Dayananda Saraswati). There is nothing more polytheistic than the Vedas. For myths, one does not need to go to Puranas, Vedas themselves are full of them; like Prajapati following Rohini and Rudra killing Prajapati with an arrow (that is an Orion story) or that of Vrishakapi, etc.

Aupmanyav I think you have some very mistaken views which are not at all in agreement with Hindu experts. The Vedas are not polytheistic.

Here is what Hindu experts have to say that are considered representatives of their religions. They are experts because they have studied all of the Hindu scriptures for years, have devoted their life to practicing it, and have written dozens of books and given hundreds of discourses arounds the world. Their expertise and authority is widely recognised around the world.

Swami Krishnananda

Swami Krishnanada has written an excellent article on Hinduism and the concept of god.

Here is an excerpt:

The earliest statement of the Nature of Reality occurs in the first book of the Rig-Veda: Ekam Sat-Viprah Bahudha Vadanti. "The ONE BEING, the wise diversely speak of."

The tenth book of the Rig-Veda regards the highest conception of God both as the Impersonal and the Personal: The Nasadiya Sukta states that the Supreme Being is both the Unmanifest and the Manifest, Existence as well as Non-existence, the Supreme Indeterminable.

The Purusha-Sukta proclaims that all this Universe is God as the Supreme Person - the Purusha with thousands of heads, thousands of eyes, thousands of limbs in His Cosmic Body. He envelops the whole cosmos and transcends it to infinity.

The Narayana-Sukta exclaims that whatever is anywhere, visible or invisible, all this is pervaded by Narayana within and without.

The Hiranyagarbha-Sukta of the Rig-Veda declares that God manifested Himself in the beginning as the Creator of the Universe, encompassing all things, including everything within Himself, the collective totality, as it were, of the whole of creation, animating it as the Supreme Intelligence.

The Satarudriya or Rudra-Adhyaya of the Yajur-Veda identifies all things, the high and the low, the moving and the unmoving, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, nay, every conceivable thing, with the all-pervading Siva or Rudra as the Supreme God.

The Isavasya Upanishad says that the whole Universe is pervaded by Isvara or God, who is both within and without it. He is the moving and the unmoving, He is far and near, He is within all these and without all these.

The Kena Upanishad says that the Supreme Reality is beyond the perception of the senses and the mind because the senses and the mind can visualise and conceive only the objects, while Reality is the Supreme Subject, the very precondition of all sensation, thinking, understanding, etc. No one can behold God because He is the beholder of all things

The Concept of God in Hinduism

Sri Aurobindo

“Indian religion founds itself on the conception of the time-
less Supreme who is beyond name or form, but it does not deny or
abolish all intermediary forms, names, powers, personality of this
Divinity. Accordingly it does not begin and end with a colourless
monism or a transcendental theism. The Godhead is worshipped
as the All, the Universal Being; but Indian religion is not
therefore pantheism, since beyond the universality it recognises the
supracosmic eternity of the Divine Being. Indian polytheism is not
polytheism; for the worshipper of many gods knows that all Gods
are forms, names, personalities, powers of the one Being and all
Goddesses are powers of the One Divine Energy. Those ways of
Indian cult which most resemble a popular form of Theism, are still
something more, because they do not exclude, but admit the many
aspects of God and rest on and go upward to the philosophic truth
of the one Deity."

http://www.archive.org/stream/sriaurobindocirc032112mbp/sriaurobindocirc032112mbp_djvu.txt

Swami Dayananda Saraswati

One of Swami Dayanand's major arguments for going back to the Vedas was that, in his own words " the four Vedas, the repositories of knowledge & religious truth, are the Word of God. They are absolutely free of error, & the Supreme & independent authority ". The four Vedas are; Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Sama Veda, & Atharva Veda. To spread awareness of his movement and to revitalize Vedic knowledge, Swami Dayanand published many religious books. These include; Satyartha Prakash ( The light of Truth ), the Rig-Vedaadi, Bhasyya- Bhoomika, and Sanskar Vidhi.

Swami Dayanand preached many messages to Hindus during his lifetime. For instance, he preached that Hindus should worship just one, formless, God. He fought against polytheism by telling people the true meaning of the names of God, & established how all of them pointed at one & the same God- Paramathama, the Supreme Self. Further, Swami was " a voice against superstition, against unrighteousness, which reigned supreme in the garb of true religion, and against a foreign rule ".

Last edited by a moderator:

Surya Deva

Swami Vivekanada

And what becomes of a man when he attains perfection? He lives a life of bliss infinite. He enjoys infinite and perfect bliss, having obtained the only thing in which man ought to have pleasure, namely God, and enjoys the bliss with God.
So far all the Hindus are agreed. This is the common religion of all the sects of India; but then perfection is absolute, and the absolute cannot be two or three. It cannot have any qualities. It cannot be an individual.
Therefore, to gain this infinite universal individuality, this miserable little prison-individuality must go. Then alone can death cease when I am one with life, then alone can misery cease when I am one with happiness itself; then alone can all errors cease when I am one with knowledge itself; and this is the necessary scientific conclusion. Science has proved to me that physical individuality is a delusion, that really my body is one little continuously changing body in an unbroken ocean of matter and Advaitam (unity) is the necessary conclusion with my other counterpart.
Descend we now from the aspirations of philosophy to the religion of the ignorant. At the very outset, I may tell you that there is no polytheism in India. In every temple, if one stands by and listens, one will find the worshipers applying all the attributes of God, including omnipresence, to the images.

Swami Satyananda Saraswati

An extract from his book, "Surefire ways to self-realization" on the Hinduism section(he has a section for each religion)

"However, when the polytheistic practice of the Hindus is analysed it is found that the trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, the three major gods in the Hindu pantheon underlies the whole diversity of the pantheon, and these three are the manifestation of one god."

There is overwhelming and unanimous consensus here that the Vedas/Hinduism are not polytheistic. To be honest I have not come across a single learned Hindu Pundit that has said the contrary. I think you would need to have a good reason to contradict this.

Darkwater

"However, when the polytheistic practice of the Hindus is analysed it is found that the trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, the three major gods in the Hindu pantheon underlies the whole diversity of the pantheon, and these three are the manifestation of one god."

In your opinion,what do you think he means by "trinity Brahma*......I love the Brahman Tridosha,so much more than yin & yang when you have yin,yang & the grey area's of the void.I maybe do a seperate thread for the tridosha to obtain the benefit of you guy's wisdom.

Everything Brahman really makes me sit up & notice,uncanny.

Peace,

Andy