• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vedantists, Please Explain Brahman to me ...

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Vedantists,

Please be kind as to explain Brahman to me,
and if you can also be kind as to substantiate
the existence of Brahman, I'd be obliged.​

Stormcry

You're asking about Nirguna, or Saguna? :)

Being Advaitian, every difference is untrue, no matter how much real you think it is. What do you mean by Nirguna and Saguna Brahma? First explain this :)

Hold a wire connected to a 24 volt battery. Sit in front of your fire place. That is 'it'.

Why don't you directly say Brahma is a physical energy? :cool:

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hinduism♥Krishna;3793078 said:
Being Advaitian, every difference is untrue, no matter how much real you think it is. What do you mean by Nirguna and Saguna Brahma? First explain this :)

it was a joke for Poeticus.

atanu

Premium Member
Vedantists,

1. Brahman is Existence, Consciousness, and Bliss (ananda).

You exist. You are employing Consciousness right now. And you have created this thread expecting to attain ananda. No one does anything to attain sorrow.

2. Because Vedas say so.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Vedantists,

6846694.jpg

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Hehe. But hook me up witta detailed explanation, doe.​

Okay. This is how I see Brahman.

Brahman is the reality within our reality. Everything that was, is, or will be arises from and eventually will return to Brahman. Much like the ripples made in water when a stone is thrown. The ripples start and spread from the point where the stone landed in the water, but eventually the ripples subside and the water becomes calm again.

That, in essence, is Brahman (at least to my rather limited knowledge).

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Okay. This is how I see Brahman.

Brahman is the reality within our reality. Everything that was, is, or will be arises from and eventually will return to Brahman. Much like the ripples made in water when a stone is thrown. The ripples start and spread from the point where the stone landed in the water, but eventually the ripples subside and the water becomes calm again.

That, in essence, is Brahman (at least to my rather limited knowledge).

Is this Brahman to be worshipped as an Absolute, One True Almighty ?​

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Is this Brahman to be worshipped as an Absolute, One True Almighty ?​

Not necessarily.

Vedantins may worship the various Devas, but that need not mean that one is inherently worshipping Brahman itself.

As far as my personal practice is concerned, I use the Devas as a point of reference in which to meditate and contemplate upon. To help me (hopefully) see the divinity that is within me and within all people.

If that means that I am inadvertently worshipping Brahman itself, then so be it. Doesn't ultimately matter in the end.