• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vatican Blasts Trans Surgery, Surogacy, Etc

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
He's at it again....
S African penguins are going extinct,
but the Pope thinks Earth needs more
people....who can't defend themselves.

If he were really "pro life", he'd value
the diversity of life in the natural world.
Instead his policies are designed to
destroy it.
Apparently the Vatican now wants to see HIV spread through Europe as it does Africa, where the Vatican has been one of HIV's best friends.
I also doubt he sees the glaring contradiction between condemning condoms for preventing life and condemning surrogacy as a grave violation of human dignity. Does he want people having babies or not?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Apparently the Vatican now wants to see HIV spread through Europe as it does Africa, where the Vatican has been one of HIV's best friends.
I also doubt he sees the glaring contradiction between condemning condoms for preventing life and condemning surrogacy as a grave violation of human dignity. Does he want people having babies or not?
He doesn't want people to be in control of their reproduction.
Ideally, he'd like humans to be much less in control of anything. The more things we control, the less likely we are to believe that a god is in control.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So often, religions impose beliefs upon their own,
& upon others, based solely upon simplistic ill
considered beliefs. They give no thought to real
world consequences. IMO.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Excerpted...
VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican on Monday declared gender-affirming surgery and surrogacy as grave violations of human dignity, putting them on par with abortion and euthanasia as practices that it said reject God’s plan for human life.

Considering that the Pope seeks some control over
non-Catholics, I say that he & Catholicism are
the real threats to human dignity.
BTW, Michigan (where Revoltistan is) just legalized
surrogacy. So **** you & your Supreme Court, Mr Pope,
Well, the pope also put guns and condoms at the same level. Which speaks volume of his moral bankruptcy, and the moral bankrupcy of the Roman Catholic Church. As if they were any doubts left.

As they say, when a pope dies, they make another one. And they are all the same.

Ciao

- viole

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I understand the deal here. This is a thread reserved for bashing Catholics and Christians only. I mean, I was replying to a post calling the Catholic Church the "most evil organization in history" or some such and you have nothing to say about that, but you want to jump on me for wondering where all the atheist charity is. How boldly hypocritical. Go ahead and have your (anti-Catholic) hatefest. Just stop twisting what I said.
Show us another organization that is still in business, that has systematically sheltered, protected and re-located pedophiles on such a mass scale as the Catholic Church has. I'd call that evil. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
About ten percent of priests are child molesters. About ten percent of teachers are child molesters. About ten percent of Protestant ministers are child molesters. About ten percent of the population are child molesters. It happens. I'm sorry it does. However, not being a child molester myself, I'm not sure there's much I can do about it, other than try to protect my grand kids.
What do you think would happen to teacher's unions if it was found out that for years, they've been secretly and systematically re-locating teachers who have been reported to have sexually abused children, and sheltering and protecting them from criminal action?
That's the problem.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Is that why a priest from my former diocese is serving a life sentence for sexual assault of a minor? I mean, he should be. (It was a 14 year old girl, not a boy, for the record.) Anyway, he was defrocked so I guess technically he is no longer a priest. I dunno, call me crazy but I think he should have been and should have also had the book thrown at him (which was). I already posted the link so I won't do so again.
You need to watch the movie Spotlight.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
About 4 percent of priests are pedophiles, which is actually a lower percentage than a lot of other institutions, including religious and non religious ones. Oh well. There's a lot of Catholics world wide and a lot of priests, so the numbers look bad till you dissect them. Not to say that I don't feel terrible for the victims, which I do. All of them.
You're missing the point.

It's not the number of them. It's the systematic COVER UP of their crimes and their re-location somewhere else to go commit more crimes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Please. Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.
OGC.89042624119fa2ba63cb8720886520c3

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You're missing the point.

It's not the number of them. It's the systematic COVER UP of their crimes and their re-location somewhere else to go commit more crimes.
Not saying it's right because it's not but I would bet that many, many institutions do the same thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not saying it's right because it's not but I would bet that many, many institutions do the same thing.
I'll bet that the Catholic Church is top dog at
the practice of shuttling pedo priests from
parish to parish. So it's not just that some
priests are pedophiles & ephebophiles, it's
the Church enables them to be serial offenders.