• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Value World rules!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just bought 9 fleece jackets, 1 hooded sweatshirt, 2 pairs of pants, & 2 food containers for $21.09
(Had a half price coupon.) All were in very good condition.
Anyone else buy at thrift shops?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I just bought 9 fleece jackets, 1 hooded sweatshirt, 2 pairs of pants, & 2 food containers for $21.09
(Had a half price coupon.) All were in very good condition.
Anyone else buy at thrift shops?

Sometimes I do. I got a nice glow in the dark solar system puzzle at one once. Miraculously, all the pieces were in it too. :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I LOVE shopping at thrift shops! Some of my favorite clothes come from resale shops. I love Chicos clothing, and there's a thrift shop near my parents' house and I swear some woman who consigns things there is exactly my size and loves Chicos too. I'll let her pay full price and I'll happily wear her cast offs!

I taught my kids how to hit a thrift shop too. I'd give them each a budget of, say $100 when school started. As you know, that won't buy much at the mall. One son of mine was really image conscious, and he'd always only get two or three things for his money. But the other son? Man, he'd come out of Goodwill with two trash bags full of clothes, and with money left over!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I still regret passing up a purple sport coat.
I have matching socks & tie.
Would'a been great for job interviews....if I ever go to one again.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
We visit the local ones, as well as Goodwill and the Salvation Army.
Sometimes you find trash, and sometimes you find really good stuff.

All of my suit jackets and sport coats come from Goodwill; they sell 'em for $7 a piece, regardless of brand. And I know a tailor that will make minor alterations dirt cheap.